Conor's boxing training: Will it pay off against Khabib?

Had top-tier training for Mayweather and since then has been grappling with Danis… Looking like he is going to be as good as he is going to be. Worth the $65 to find out...

How did he have top tier training?

probably not. When you are an elite boxer like Conor there isnt much you can improve. Its like Khabib's Grappling. It has improved a little bit, but not substantially because he was already great at it

"Elite boxer" LMFAO!!!!

You're funny dude. Seriously, you are.

Conor is an average fighter who had success by starving himself to fight manlets, plus luck and lots of push by the UFC.

No amount of training will prepare him for Khabib. You can't prepare in a few months for someone who's been training all his life.

<36>f
Average fighter? Who is an above average fighter to you?

Had top-tier training for Mayweather and since then has been grappling with Danis… Looking like he is going to be as good as he is going to be. Worth the $65 to find out...
"Worth watching it for free"

so chad mendes was training for nobody and only had enough time to make weight.

if chad not gassed who knows what would of happened.

Why did he gas out? I’m curious if you actually watch that fight? Chad is nowhere near Conor’s level bro..

and Conor still resorted to low kicking him and running away in the 2nd fight.
"resorted" to low kicking? did he kick him in the balls or something?

it's not like Conor stood in front of him and let his hands go the whole fight like you're making it out to be.
and you're making it out like he ran the whole fight but you wont get more than a minute if you put togheter all the running. the rest 24 minutes he stand and bang

"resorted" to low kicking? did he kick him in the balls or something?

and you're making it out like he ran the whole fight but you wont get more than a minute if you put togheter all the running. the rest 24 minutes he stand and bang

yeah, he resorted to low kicking him. you know why i say resort? because Conor isn't a natural kicker. that's why. he had to do something uncharacteristic because even though he's not good at it, it's still the best way to fight Nate standing because it's such a clear weakness.

i'm not making it out like he ran the whole fight, did you even read my post? i said he "ran, he looked at the clock, he kicked ETC.,"

he did A LOT of things to kill the clock. that was my point, is that he knew he had to run the clock because he knew he probably couldn't stop Diaz.

i also didn't mention another way he killed the clock, and you conveniently left that out also, he just laid against the fence and took a bunch unanswered strikes vs Diaz too.

the rest of the fight he wasn't standing and banging. for 24 minutes you're telling me he just threw punches? you need to get your eyes checked. he was standing and banging and barely won a decision? nah, more like he was standing and banging in the first 2 rds, then had to start moving around because he was gassing.

like i said, if he just stood there and banged like you're suggesting he did, he would've gotten stopped because he wasn't KO'ing Nate Diaz.

looked like he ducked alot of those though.

it doesn't matter, the thing is, he just stood there.

the whole point is, Nate Diaz is only a hard fight for Conor. he's not a hard fight for the rest of the top LWs hence why he was ranked where he was when he fought Conor the 1st time.

he never was close to a title shot, he was never considered a #1 contender. this fallacy that Nate Diaz is some kind of world beater is exactly that, just a fallacy.

a lot of the guys he's beaten and even a lot of the guys he's lost to, they're not even in the UFC anymore. that should tell you something right there.

styles make fights, and Diaz is a bad style match up for Conor.

Doubt it but ya never know. Can't hurt I guess.

Well, boxing Is probably going to be his most effective tool against Khabib and It will likely be more deadly than ever.

When It comes to conditioning, boxing Is king as well. Would imagine he's got a fair bit of advice and wisdom from those In the community on how to fix that hole In his game. Maybe even Floyd himself. That remains to be seen though, but that's definitely a big thing he could've gained from that fight.

Why did he gas out? I’m curious if you actually watch that fight? Chad is nowhere near Conor’s level bro..

I was in the arena. doesn't mean chad didn't take conor down with no trouble.

what killed chad in the end was he gassed out in 2nd round and chad could keep conor down.

Well, boxing Is probably going to be his most effective tool against Khabib and It will likely be more deadly than ever.

When It comes to conditioning, boxing Is king as well. Would imagine he's got a fair bit of advice and wisdom from those In the community on how to fix that hole In his game. Maybe even Floyd himself. That remains to be seen though, but that's definitely a big thing he could've gained from that fight.

Nah I doubt the boxing community have had anything to say to Mr. I Am Boxing.

He didn't gain anything from the fight other than brain damage.

He didn't gain anything from his training camp because he didn't bring in any boxing trainers or good sparring.

As for cardio, he was blowing after 3 rounds which is nothing short of embarrassing on all levels for a 28 year old athlete.

The question is: what did he learn in that year (or 9 months)? Because he boxed Floyd. Boxing stance with lots of volume straights. In MMA he uses a Karate stance and volume kicks to set up a power left. These styles are different.

I was in the arena. doesn't mean chad didn't take conor down with no trouble.

what killed chad in the end was he gassed out in 2nd round and chad could keep conor down.

You didn’t answer my question? Why did he gas out? Maybe you should go back and revisit the fight. He didn’t simply just get tired.

You didn’t answer my question? Why did he gas out? Maybe you should go back and revisit the fight. He didn’t simply just get tired.

so a guy who wasn't training for a fight went straight into weigh cutting mode 7 days out wouldn't have the normal cardio he would if he had a 12 week camp like conor did.

easy for conor to not gas when he was getting ready for a fight that was 7 days later.

I give major respect for chad stepping up when the ufc called him. but im sure you call chad a bum for losing to conor.

since conor blind followers call any one conor fights a bum and a loser.

so a guy who wasn't training for a fight went straight into weigh cutting mode 7 days out wouldn't have the normal cardio he would if he had a 12 week camp like conor did.

easy for conor to not gas when he was getting ready for a fight that was 7 days later.

I give major respect for chad stepping up when the ufc called him. but im sure you call chad a bum for losing to conor.

since conor blind followers call any one conor fights a bum and a loser.

I don’t call Chad a bum at all. I called Him a very good fighter and one of the reasons why I think Conor is so good. Your problem is that you give Conor absolutely no credit for anything he did good in the fight. No credit for all of the body work he did in round one and round two. No credit for escaping the submission in round two, getting up and knocking Chad out. No it was all because Chad got tired. He got beat up. He got beat up and finished.

Back