Conor's boxing training: Will it pay off against Khabib?

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Conor spent an entire year training for another sport. But it was in the art of pugilism, the sweet science.

How relevant is boxing in MMA? Does it contribute to a fighter's arsenal? Will the year training for Floyd pay off for Conor in MMA?

Is it possible that it can actually hurt that he spent a year training specifically in boxing and not in MMA?

Doubt it but ya never know. Can't hurt I guess.

Conor's boxing training will most definitely help... help Khabib laugh at him while he is on top of him, talking to him and grinding his face into paste.

Conor spent an entire year training for another sport. But it was in the art of pugilism, the sweet science.

How relevant is boxing in MMA? Does it contribute to a fighter's arsenal? Will the year training for Floyd pay off for Conor in MMA?

Is it possible that it can actually hurt that he spent a year training specifically in boxing and not in MMA?

???

He only spent a couple of months, and of course it helps in MMA.

He didn't spend an entire year on just boxing
There was only 9 months between Eddie and Floyd and he didn't spend that entire time preparing for Floyd.

He spent 200k on a camp which just needed correct thinking at the eight min mark.
I'm sure he is well rounded in most departments but to make a drastic improvement is like creating a button on photoshop to make Jessica alba look good.... You don't need it. Just think

He spent 200k on a camp which just needed correct thinking at the eight min mark.
I'm sure he is well rounded in most departments but to make a drastic improvement is like creating a button on photoshop to make Jessica alba look good.... You don't need it. Just think
Lol wtf did you just say

Had top-tier training for Mayweather and since then has been grappling with Danis… Looking like he is going to be as good as he is going to be. Worth the $65 to find out...

Conor is an average fighter who had success by starving himself to fight manlets, plus luck and lots of push by the UFC.

No amount of training will prepare him for Khabib. You can't prepare in a few months for someone who's been training all his life.

<36>f

I feel like he either loses badly, or puts on the performance of a lifetime.

Conor is an average fighter who had success by starving himself to fight manlets, plus luck and lots of push by the UFC.

No amount of training will prepare him for Khabib. You can't prepare in a few months for someone who's been training all his life.

<36>f

This has to be the most retarded and idiotic comment I have ever read on this forum...And that says alot, cause I've heard a ton on this site....."average fighter" first, average fighters do not win 2 world titles in 2 different weight classes...and whether he cuts weight or not, is totally irrelevant, cause aldo doesn't cut alot of weight? holloway doesn't cut alot of weight...mendes? pourier, etc...all guys conor destroyed....and he only got pushed by the ufc, when he was ko'ing everyone in the 1st round....your hatred is making you stupid as f''''uk.

This has to be the most retarded and idiotic comment I have ever read on this forum...And that says alot, cause I've heard a ton on this site....."average fighter" first, average fighters do not win 2 world titles in 2 different weight classes...and whether he cuts weight or not, is totally irrelevant, cause aldo doesn't cut alot of weight? holloway doesn't cut alot of weight...mendes? pourier, etc...all guys conor destroyed....and he only got pushed by the ufc, when he was ko'ing everyone in the 1st round....your hatred is making you stupid as f''''uk.

giphy.webp

Man if I was his coach I would have him train uppercuts and knees straight up the middle good possibility to catch him coming in and of course some scrambling. No way to progress as much as needed to hang in a wrestling match

So many can't get over the Nate fights. What the trolls constantly ignore, is Conor is a striker that went out to beat Nate at what Nate does best. Nate mostly loses to wrestlers. People don't stand in front of Nate for 5 rounds and bang away looking for the KO. Khabib would beat Nate with his grappling yes.. He will fight like Benson did against Nate. But if he goes out there looking to strike with Nate for 5 rounds, it is pretty obvious how that is going to go for him. The 2 Conor fights against Nate were so exciting because Conor went out there and took him on, at what Nate does best.

he should been spending the last 2 years wrestling. khabib cant be punched when conor looking at the roof.

if chad mendes can take conor down easy than khabib will make it twice as easy to do so.

it would help in a boxing match but against Khabib...no.

he needs to spend a month at AKA working on his TTD...oh wait Khabib is there already. :)

So many can't get over the Nate fights. What the trolls constantly ignore, is Conor is a striker that went out to beat Nate at what Nate does best. Nate mostly loses to wrestlers. People don't stand in front of Nate for 5 rounds and bang away looking for the KO. Khabib would beat Nate with his grappling yes.. He will fight like Benson did against Nate. But if he goes out there looking to strike with Nate for 5 rounds, it is pretty obvious how that is going to go for him. The 2 Conor fights against Nate were so exciting because Conor went out there and took him on, at what Nate does best.

and Conor still resorted to low kicking him and running away in the 2nd fight.

it's not like Conor stood in front of him and let his hands go the whole fight like you're making it out to be.

if Conor did what you'd said, he'd have been finished in the 3rd rd. even he knew he couldn't do that, that's why he had to run around, look at the clock. throw in some low kicks etc., Conor isn't stupid, you can't WILL yourself to KO everyone, he knew Diaz is 1 tough motherfucker and you have to treat him like so.

and as for "Conor is a striker who went to beat Nate at what he does best" is false, what Nate's best at is cardio, and Conor can never beat him at that.

if you mean, he chose to strike with Nate, well of course he chose to strike with Nate, Conor is a striker with a shit ground game, what else is he supposed to do? take him down? you saw how that worked out in the 1st fight. Conor didn't have a choice, his only way to victory vs everyone is through his striking.

Conor isn't stupid, you can't WILL yourself to KO everyone, he knew Diaz is 1 tough motherfucker and you have to treat him like so.

what Nate's best at is cardio, and Conor can never beat him at that.

LOL so we basically agree. He stood with Nate for 5 rounds. People don't do that. Khabib would get mauled if he did it. That is why the Nate fights need proper context.. Conor did not wrestle him down. It was a striking war..

Back