Conors a beast and Im a fan but he's not ready for Aldo

He's probably as ready as he's ever going to be. I mean it's not like those two are going to wrestle each other.

Conner will want to strike and Aldo, I'm sure, will oblige him.

McGregor is fascinating to watch, fights like a future champ, and I feel he does "deserve" a title shot but Aldo is just too good at this point.

Aldo is still in his prime and we haven't seen how McGregor handles championship rounds yet. I cant wait for this fight but I still see Aldo winning with devastating leg kicks that will slow down the phenom and add up bigtime in the later rounds.

Aldo via UD.

McGregor needs to face a LLamas or a Mendes in a 5 round war, win that, and then I can see him being able to take out the king.

Fighting a wrestler will show he is ready to take on a striker? *facepalm*

Edgar and Mendes are probable the only fighters ready for Aldo, but conor has earned his shot

As much as I dislike Conrad. I think he's good for the sport. Even my Dad who is a casual wants to see him fight. He'll win a decision over Aldo.

Conor's front leg is going to get tore up...and it's hard to just change your stance over the course of one fight...Aldo is going to be much harder to hit with that left hand too. He's not 5 feet tall and he's not going to get tired in 2 minutes like Brandao. He also has a much better chin than someone like Poirier, and it's much different when you actually have to have alot of respect for your opponent's strikes. And Aldo, being quick, rangy, and dangerous himself-with good timing (and having a good chin), won't react as much to Conor's feints and won't be thrown off as much by them.

I question Conor's defense versus an elite striker...and obviously, against someone in the championship rounds. I think there's a reason he was given Dennis Siver for his title eliminator, personally. I feel Mendes would have spanked him at this point and Edgar would have been about a 50/50 fight.

Back