Conor would murk these dudes

First, we are not hatin' as much as you kiss the ground Conor pees on.
He so-called man'd up for money it's all biz, (I think he said while fighting lol). Who does that?
Now he is very accomplished at defensive BJJ?

Goat?? You are worse off than I thought bro. You can be GOAT never defending and getting TKO'ed by Floyd who was obviously sand bagging? His last win was November 2016. Think about that. I almost feel bad for ya.

Dang, why am I spoiling your joy over Conor. Enjoy him, worship away, peace & love brotha.

Conor can make money fighting anyone. No-one knew who khabib was. he could have chosen an easier fight. He took the hardest one. He even said he wanted to grapple with Khabib to experience what his strength is like. that definitely cost him, but shows Conors character. like when Conor visited Eddie Bravo 10th planet bjj. he went and grappled with the best blackbelts.

Conor has all the potential in the world to come back and destroy all of the top lightweights. And make it look easy. That's how good Conor is.

much more challenging to be relentless with poor defense against a precise counter striker who is infinitely more technical though.

To me I feel a 170 version of Nate Diaz is a tougher style matchup than Tony

I question if Tony would be able to walk through those shots that Nate did and keep coming.

Even Nate didn't beat him by dragging it into deep water so there's no guarantee, tho it is obviously his best shot.

That version of Conor and also the one that fought Alvarez beats Tony in easier fashion than he did Nate. Tony's defense is going to end up with him being stopped eventually, it just requires an opponent who's able to truly capitalize on those holes.

Whether that version of Conor ever shows up again remains to be seen so it could all be empty words.

Tony is without question a beast though but he's definitely not winning these fights on technique at all. Just pure heart, cardio, volume and craziness.. Eventually the glaring holes he's leaving will be capitalized on in a far deeper way than cowboy is able to

You should rewatch the fight and see how many strikes don't land clean, how Tony rolls with them and they glance off him or hit his shoulder first, lessening the impact by a significant amount.

Nate doesn't have the power and ability to damage when he lands that Tony does. In fact he's not even close. They are both pressure/volume strikers yes. Nate has better boxing, but Tony has a much wider arsenal of strikes. And, again, more importantly Tony does serious damage while he's landing his volume. He's ruining guys faces, and he's doing inside of 2 rounds (not just by "being tougher and outlasting them").

This narrative that "Welp, Tony will get stopped eventually with that style when someone can capitalize..." is ridiculous. Not because it isn't true, but because it's true of EVERY FIGHTER, assuming they fight long enough. And regardless of style. This same silliness keeps getting repeated around here while Tony keeps his record breaking streak going. Oddly, you don't see other guys constantly talked about that their style "will catch up to them someday". It's hilarious, because it's what Tony's detractors (that quite frankly don't really understand what they are seeing most of the time when they watch him) fall back on.

I know you don't dislike Tony, but I also know you're a bigger fan of Conor. You have every right to cling to this idea that "the best version" of Conor is some terrible matchup for Tony. We all get to have our opinions. But you are simply wrong about Tony's technique. It looks different than what people are used to seeing so they quickly flock to it being "poor technique". In reality he put on a clinic vs Cowboy.

You should rewatch the fight and see how many strikes don't land clean, how Tony rolls with them and they glance off him or hit his shoulder first, lessening the impact by a significant amount.

Nate doesn't have the power and ability to damage when he lands that Tony does. In fact he's not even close. They are both pressure/volume strikers yes. Nate has better boxing, but Tony has a much wider arsenal of strikes. And, again, more importantly Tony does serious damage while he's landing his volume. He's ruining guys faces, and he's doing inside of 2 rounds (not just by "being tougher and outlasting them").

This narrative that "Welp, Tony will get stopped eventually with that style when someone can capitalize..." is ridiculous. Not because it isn't true, but because it's true of EVERY FIGHTER, assuming they fight long enough. And regardless of style. This same silliness keeps getting repeated around here while Tony keeps his record breaking streak going. Oddly, you don't see other guys constantly talked about that their style "will catch up to them someday". It's hilarious, because it's what Tony's detractors (that quite frankly don't really understand what they are seeing most of the time when they watch him) fall back on.

I know you don't dislike Tony, but I also know you're a bigger fan of Conor. You have every right to cling to this idea that "the best version" of Conor is some terrible matchup for Tony. We all get to have our opinions. But you are simply wrong about Tony's technique. It looks different than what people are used to seeing so they quickly flock to it being "poor technique". In reality he put on a clinic vs Cowboy.

Quite honestly

I'm not a fan of anyone

I assess everyone according to their levels

No more no less

And I love Tony

But I see more than you do when it comes to striking

Infinitely more

There are Levels to striking and Technique isn't everything

Tony has a warrior spirit, his cardio is absurd, he doesn't give a fuck, he does have the ability to throw technical punches but forgets that in favor of pure violence, craziness, pace, volume, etc.

I know very well what Tony does and How he does it.

It makes nothing I said any less true. Tony has glaring holes in his defense, which will eventually catch up to him. I liked his performance against Donald but that fight only further highlighted how glaring they truly are

But hey, what do I know. I obviously know nothing about striking. Tony is levels above me.

Obviously

Last edited:
Quite honestly

I'm not a fan of anyone

No more no less

And I love Tony

Infinitely more

So you are just gay?

I like Tony bro but let's not pretend you know anything about Technique

Tony isn't winning fights by technique or proper anything

Literally anyone even a first year boxing student could yell you that

At the end of the day, effectiveness is what truly matters though.

But when it comes to defense, that's a whole other can of worms

So you are just gay?
I'm a fan of everyone and a fan of nobody quite honestly

I call it down the middle more than people realize, only exceptions are people who are too biased to see beyond themselves.

Barely.

Gaethje and Ferguson are way more powerful and versatile than Nate. It’s a different kind of pressure with them.
Is it

People underestimate Nate so ridiculously

His boxing, inside, close range and up against the cage game combined with his pressure is formidable.

In classic Diaz fashion

Tony versatile, but Nate's boxing pressure combined with his iron chin, cardio and no fucks given attitude, I see that presenting s tougher stylistic test for Conor, particularly at 170.

Most of you guys have no clue what you're talking about technically

Is it

His boxing, inside, close range and up against the cage game combined with his pressure is formidable.

In classic Diaz fashion

Tony versatile, but Nate's boxing pressure combined with his iron chin, cardio and no fucks given attitude, I see that presenting s tougher stylistic test for Conor, particularly at 170.

You don't have to start a new paragraph for every new sentence.

Nate Diaz is a good boxer, but everyone knows he's a volume puncher. Gaethje has 1 punch KO power and actually has stopped people with leg kicks. Ferguson hurts people with just his jab, cuts people open with elbows etc. Nate Diaz has pressure, but you can allow for a couple of mistakes because you won't get KO'd from a single punch by him. Against Ferguson / Gaethje a single mistake can mean the end of the fight. It's a different type of pressure. Both Gaethje and Ferguson are also durable, so I'm not sure Conor puts them away easily.

Tony would make Conor quit on the stool before round 1.

Jarl

Depends if Conor could actually finish them, I have no doubt he would rock both. After the 1st and 2nd round Conor would most likely gas and lose the later rounds to both. In my opinion a 3 round fight would benefit Conor way more in his next outing, though we all know that won’t happen.

On a side note, can we get a 5 round Ferguson vs Diaz at some point?

Quite honestly

I'm not a fan of anyone

No more no less

And I love Tony

Infinitely more

There are Levels to striking and Technique isn't everything

Tony has a warrior spirit, his cardio is absurd, he doesn't give a fuck, he does have the ability to throw technical punches but forgets that in favor of pure violence, craziness, pace, volume, etc.

I know very well what Tony does and How he does it.

It makes nothing I said any less true. Tony has glaring holes in his defense, which will eventually catch up to him. I liked his performance against Donald but that fight only further highlighted how glaring they truly are

But hey, what do I know. I obviously know nothing about striking. Tony is levels above me.

Obviously

I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic when you say "Tony is levels above me"...

Is it

In classic Diaz fashion

Are you a fighter? I mean MMA, not boxing or any other combat sport. Just saying "most of you guys have no idea what you're talking about" is fine, but it's just more words. I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about but with the experience I have you'll have to forgive me if I don't simply accept at face value your claims to be an expert. Maybe you are, but for me anyway I'd need more than what you've given.

I don't agree with 100% of the analysis in the video I posted, but most of it is very accurate. I didn't see a response by you about it at all.

I like Tony bro but let's not pretend you know anything about Technique

Tony isn't winning fights by technique or proper anything

Literally anyone even a first year boxing student could yell you that

At the end of the day, effectiveness is what truly matters though.

But when it comes to defense, that's a whole other can of worms

Asked you this already, but where does your self proclaimed expertise come from?

I hope you aren't trying to copy/paste boxing technique onto MMA. My coach from years ago started out as a boxer and (thank God) explained the monstrous differences in MMA striking.

Deep breaths buddy

<Huh2><Huh2>

Too many words for your tiny brain to process? :D

Maybe this post is more your speed, my feeble friend:

Conor is an overrated cunt who can’t crack an egg at 155, and would get flat out molested by Tony.

Barely.

Gaethje and Ferguson are way more powerful and versatile than Nate. It’s a different kind of pressure with them.
Maybe. I feel like they’re similar fighters. Almost no threat of a TD attempt from any of them in the group. On a side note, definitely not the type of win (regardless of how impressive) that would lead me to believe Conor would fair any better in a rematch with khabib.

Asked you this already, but where does your self proclaimed expertise come from?

I hope you aren't trying to copy/paste boxing technique onto MMA. My coach from years ago started out as a boxer and (thank God) explained the monstrous differences in MMA striking.

@MescalineDreams does boxercise down at the local YMCA twice a week ; )

Back