Conor would murk these dudes

Tony will make Conor tap to a spinning elbow.

You gotta be fucking kidding me, Tony would flat out molest him and submit him in 3. Far too relentless, well rounded, with amazing cardio.

Conor doesn’t hit anywhere near hard enough at 155 to KO Tony.
much more challenging to be relentless with poor defense against a precise counter striker who is infinitely more technical though.

To me I feel a 170 version of Nate Diaz is a tougher style matchup than Tony

I question if Tony would be able to walk through those shots that Nate did and keep coming.

Even Nate didn't beat him by dragging it into deep water so there's no guarantee, tho it is obviously his best shot.

That version of Conor and also the one that fought Alvarez beats Tony in easier fashion than he did Nate. Tony's defense is going to end up with him being stopped eventually, it just requires an opponent who's able to truly capitalize on those holes.

Whether that version of Conor ever shows up again remains to be seen so it could all be empty words.

Tony is without question a beast though but he's definitely not winning these fights on technique at all. Just pure heart, cardio, volume and craziness.. Eventually the glaring holes he's leaving will be capitalized on in a far deeper way than cowboy is able to

much more challenging to be relentless with poor defense against a precise counter striker who is infinitely more technical though.

To me I feel a 170 version of Nate Diaz is a tougher style matchup than Tony

I question if Tony would be able to walk through those shots that Nate did and keep coming.

Even Nate didn't beat him by dragging it into deep water so there's no guarantee, tho it is obviously his best shot.

That version of Conor and also the one that fought Alvarez beats Tony in easier fashion than he did Nate. Tony's defense is going to end up with him being stopped eventually, it just requires an opponent who's able to truly capitalize on those holes.

Whether that version of Conor ever shows up again remains to be seen so it could all be empty words.

Tony is without question a beast though but he's definitely not winning these fights on technique at all. Just pure heart, cardio, volume and craziness.. Eventually the glaring holes he's leaving will be capitalized on in a far deeper way than cowboy is able to

Tbh I'm simply not convinced he's a puncher at 155, at all. We only have evidence of 2 fights in the UFC lightweight division, Kebab where he didn't even manage to sting him or earn his respect in the 3rd round, and Eddie which was a good performance but one where imho he didn't even look that powerful.

He outclassed Eddie, but none of the shots looked particularly brutal or hard, it's not like he KHTFO with 1 punch - he just overwhelmed him with good precise combos, good timing, distance management, and accuracy. And this was against a guy who doesn't have the best chin, looked extremely shook like he didn't want to even be in there, and just got decimated by a random 145 pounder.

Bear in mind I am objective with Conor's ability as a fighter, I've picked all his fights correct apart from the Nate rematch. Even Aldo, I was confident he'd win.

At 145 I didn't even think he was a huge puncher, but at that weight he punches just about hard enough, that combined with his reach, accuracy, timing, poise and better basic boxing/countering ability than the opposition - he was a force to be reckoned with at that weight. And "da left hand" was a legit weapon against the manlets at 145.

At 155 I'm not remotely convinced. He is 1-1, with his sole win being against Eddie, who is effectively 1-3 since fighting Conor.

If he brutally KO'd Eddie with 1 punch - Emmett Vs Johnson style - and maybe hurt and discouraged Khabib, I would think the fight was closer to 50/50, that he would have the power to either hurt and TKO Tony, or at least discourage him enough to stifle his pressure.

As it stands, I don't think "da left hand" is anything to worry about at all at 155. I think Tony will take it no problem, also bear in mind that Tony will be pressuring him constantly, damaging him constantly, smothering his offence, and hurting him. It's not like it's going to be easy for him to just pick Tony off, as he's being smothered and battered with a variety of weird strikes and elbows that are hard to predict. By the 2nd round he'd be done, gassed out and have the fight beaten out of him. Tony would get an easy submission in 3.

Honestly picking Conor over Tony, the same Conor who is 1-1 at 155 and hasn't won a fight since 2016 and the same Tony who is on a brutal 12 fight win streak at 155, is sheer madness. As mad as picking Nate over Usman.

Enjoyed Conor's run, I really did, but at this point he is most definitely an after thought. Fought Khabib and lost. He needed to win that fight to cement his legacy and he failed fairly miserably considering Al went the distance albeit awkwardly. I hope he comes back but he has spent a lot time talking and little time training/fighting the last few years. The fight game will pass him by if he isn't careful assuming it already hasn't.

So why didn't he defend his LW belt against these dudes? You know, one after an other... Ferguson then Khabib then Cerrone then Poirier then Diaz... (oops... :D )

I know TS is going to get shit on, but since this is a forum for MMA discussion, I totally agree. I love watching tony and Donald fight, but they seem more tough then technical. I feel like the way an elite striker sets up an attack as opposed to just constantly coming forward speaks a lot about there abilities as strikers. Guys like Andy (and yes Conor), will take there time to read there opponents reactions to feints and set up an attack based of that. Tony and Donald seem more of volume punchers (who get tagged a lot). Much respect to both styles but I feel like Conor could find Tony’s chin in a striking match much the way Lando did.
If Conor doesn’t land a KO shot in the first 7 minutes he’s fucked. He can’t go to war with a guy like Ferguson or Gaethje. Doesn’t have the stamina.

Tony has unbelievable cardio and is able to keep going even when taking solid shots. Conor’s kryptonite is a fighter with good cardio so....

He may beat Ceronne but even that’s not a given.

This.

I mean, we have a reference here: Conor went 1-1 with Nate Diaz... a sub loss, then a majority decision win... faded badly in both matches around the 8-minute mark. Now, we can all pretty much agree, that Tony is a better fighter than Nate. Like an upgraded, more dangerous, more unpredictable version of a cardio machine... Essentially, if the fight is still on after 7-8 minutes, Conor is DONE.

Conor might be a slight favorite against Cowboy, but it's still a very dangerous fight for him.

Tbh I'm simply not convinced he's a puncher at 155, at all. We only have evidence of 2 fights in the UFC lightweight division, Kebab where he didn't even manage to sting him or earn his respect in the 3rd round, and Eddie which was a good performance but one where imho he didn't even look that powerful.

He outclassed Eddie, but none of the shots looked particularly brutal or hard, it's not like he KHTFO with 1 punch - he just overwhelmed him with good precise combos, good timing, distance management, and accuracy. And this was against a guy who doesn't have the best chin, looked extremely shook like he didn't want to even be in there, and just got decimated by a random 145 pounder.

Bear in mind I am objective with Conor's ability as a fighter, I've picked all his fights correct apart from the Nate rematch. Even Aldo, I was confident he'd win.

At 145 I didn't even think he was a huge puncher, but at that weight he punches just about hard enough, that combined with his reach, accuracy, timing, poise and better basic boxing/countering ability than the opposition - he was a force to be reckoned with at that weight. And "da left hand" was a legit weapon against the manlets at 145.

At 155 I'm not remotely convinced. He is 1-1, with his sole win being against Eddie, who is effectively 1-3 since fighting Conor.

If he brutally KO'd Eddie with 1 punch - Emmett Vs Johnson style - and maybe hurt and discouraged Khabib, I would think the fight was closer to 50/50, that he would have the power to either hurt and TKO Tony, or at least discourage him enough to stifle his pressure.

As it stands, I don't think "da left hand" is anything to worry about at all at 155. I think Tony will take it no problem, also bear in mind that Tony will be pressuring him constantly, damaging him constantly, smothering his offence, and hurting him. It's not like it's going to be easy for him to just pick Tony off, as he's being smothered and battered with a variety of weird strikes and elbows that are hard to predict. By the 2nd round he'd be done, gassed out and have the fight beaten out of him. Tony would get an easy submission in 3.

Honestly picking Conor over Tony, the same Conor who is 1-1 at 155 and hasn't won a fight since 2016 and the same Tony who is on a brutal 12 fight win streak at 155, is sheer madness. As mad as picking Nate over Usman.

Deep breaths buddy

<Huh2><Huh2>

noone at 155 can take Conors shots.

just because zombie Nate Diaz at ww could survive Conors punches doesn't mean anyone at lw could.

All this hate on Conor is pathetic. No-one ever thought he would agree to fight Khabib due to the grappling disadvantage, but he manned up and did it.

Conor defended Khabib's ground attack better than black belt bjj Barboza.

Conor is goat. he will be back and will prove it.

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure that I just watched Khabib take those shots and then tap him out.

Khabib didn't eat any clean shots from Conor. Mayve one, but it didn't have much on it comparatively. Conors arms looked heavy after the first grappling exchange in round one.

Conor vs Tony....completely different fight.

noone at 155 can take Conors shots.

just because zombie Nate Diaz at ww could survive Conors punches doesn't mean anyone at lw could.

All this hate on Conor is pathetic. No-one ever thought he would agree to fight Khabib due to the grappling disadvantage, but he manned up and did it.

Conor defended Khabib's ground attack better than black belt bjj Barboza.

Conor is goat. he will be back and will prove it.

First, we are not hatin' as much as you kiss the ground Conor pees on.
He so-called man'd up for money it's all biz, (I think he said while fighting lol). Who does that?
Now he is very accomplished at defensive BJJ?

Goat?? You are worse off than I thought bro. You can be GOAT never defending and getting TKO'ed by Floyd who was obviously sand bagging? His last win was November 2016. Think about that. I almost feel bad for ya.

Dang, why am I spoiling your joy over Conor. Enjoy him, worship away, peace & love brotha.

Back