Conor would have done the same thing to Lawler

Who has he submitted that's a middleweight? Or are you referring to something else? Whatever the case, submissions and takedowns are two vastly different things. A takedown does not necessarily mean it will translate into a submission. In order to get both, you must be skilled in both. And again, I'm still very doubtful Conor has enough necessary skill for Lawler to even worry about either submissions or takedowns from him.

We all know Conor's bread and butter is striking, and so is Lawler's. It's going to most likely be fight that will remain standing in which I favor the bigger, more power fighter that is Lawler.
Lawler's bread and butter is striking? I couldn't tell. Not after he got his head taken off.

World champion danis...that's who. Easy. Conor took holloway down with ease on 1 leg. With 2 I have no doubt he'd do it to lawler if given the chance.

Lawler's bread and butter is striking? I couldn't tell. Not after he got his head taken off.

Yes it is. You don't use knockout loses or even loses in general as a basis to gauge someone's abilities. It's not the smartest thing to do. Mike Tyson was a boxer and a fierce and very skilled one at that, yet he lost to Buster Douglas. Does that not make his bread and butter boxing?

World champion danis...that's who. Easy. Conor took holloway down with ease on 1 leg. With 2 I have no doubt he'd do it to lawler if given the chance.

Again, different weight class. We saw how big Nate was compared to Conor. We saw how Nate was able to not only hurt Conor standing, but capitalize on it on the ground.

And besides the fight with Max Holloway (Who has improved quite a bit, I might add) who else has Conor taken down?

I don't think Conor would stand much of a chance at 170 much less knock out many if any of the fighters in that division.......but I do think he was right when he said that Rafael had been knocked out before and would be again. After seeing Alvarez put Dos Anjos on queer st so easily I'm quite confident that Conor could've and most likely would've put Rafel's lights out in the first round with one well placed punch.

Watch the replay. It's not exactly the hardest shot. It's just very fast and unexpected.
You say couldn't Rock Nate like its a bad thing ? It's pretty common knowledge that Nate had a chin on him .
I don't agree or disagree with ts. I simply don't know. Conor certainly isn't as fast as Woodley is and I don't think he hits as hard but come on. That shot they dropped robbie wasn't a huge powerful shot.
It was probably harder than any shot Conor threw at Nate.

I'll just leave this here :

17iplk.gif

There isn't a fighter in MMA that wouldn't accept a fight against an opponent stepping up 2 weight classes on 10 days notice. Nate's no hero. Anderson on 3 days notice stepping up against DC. That was gutsy.
my baby boy...
nate is a LW and also stepped up one weight class
also check my post and try to link it to the OP
I´m sure that if you don´t understand it, your mom can read it with you and explain

Back