Conor would beat GSP in his prime in my opinion, here is why

Haha, I knew this thread would be solid - Sherdog's most loved vs the most hated. 34 views and 33 responses. Dis gun be good!

meh, as you can see, nobody takes TS seriously and they are mainly commenting on the weakness of his trolling, not even considering his statement
<{outtahere}>

GSP has no wrestling credentials what so ever, he was able to get away with this in a era with relatively little talent, but now without years of training, he woudent hold a candle in wrestling to Usman, Woodley, and Colby (the 3 best WW of all time).

Conor defended takedowns well in the third round against khabib, who is highly accomplished in sambo, and nullified his ground game in the first.

Chad roided to the gills was far more explosive and powerful than GSP with better wrestling credentials, yet was finished in the second by Conor, who was depleted by a weight cut.

GSP's standup is basically just striking against people who can't strike and are one dimensional. Aldo would break him down and clown him in striking, Conor took out aldo with one beautiful punch.

He was successful because he was not completely one dimensional, but against conor, who is well versed in multiple martial arts, GSP is going to sleep with a family meal (unless GSP taps before he can take the full meal).
image.jpg

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

GSP simply can not compete in this new generation of elite fighters.
He literally just won a belt in a bigger division than he ever fought....

GSP laps Conor in everything

Terrible troll. Where does Kevin Lee fit into this?

Lmao

“gsp has no wresslin credentials whatsoever” .... a few words later mentions and praises Khabib who doesnt have any wresslin credentials whatsoever as well. Derp.

His power doesn't carry over when he's fighting his size.
fixed

you mention woodley being a new age wrestler, better than gsp...shields beat woodely...yet couldn't beat gsp...hmmmmm. wrestling is wrestling..no such thing as new age...ncaa winner is the same now, as it was 20 years ago. gsp out wrestled koscheck, who in his prime, would out wrestle any of these guys. he'd beat woodley, usman. i'm talking koscheck before he fell in love with his striking...
You forgot Woodley being only one year younger than GSP. I love how some called him the next generation WW.

GSP has no wrestling credentials what so ever, he was able to get away with this in a era with relatively little talent, but now without years of training, he woudent hold a candle in wrestling to Usman, Woodley, and Colby (the 3 best WW of all time).

Conor defended takedowns well in the third round against khabib, who is highly accomplished in sambo, and nullified his ground game in the first.

Chad roided to the gills was far more explosive and powerful than GSP with better wrestling credentials, yet was finished in the second by Conor, who was depleted by a weight cut.

GSP's standup is basically just striking against people who can't strike and are one dimensional. Aldo would break him down and clown him in striking, Conor took out aldo with one beautiful punch.

He was successful because he was not completely one dimensional, but against conor, who is well versed in multiple martial arts, GSP is going to sleep with a family meal (unless GSP taps before he can take the full meal).
image.jpg

200.webp

I can't think of one of GSP's past opponents that I would not favor to beat up Conor if they fought when GSP beat them.

For starters, Conor needs to prove he can consistently beat lw fighters before lips start flapping about him beating ww fighters. His power will not be a factor against bigger guys and his cardio issues will get him hurt. Conor should have stayed a big powerful fish in a featherweight pond.

I think Dan hardy would be the only guy to not just choose to ragdoll Conor and decide to purely strike. I think Hardy would have finished Conor in short order. Just too big and hits too hard with decent cardio. The rest all little bro him and rub socks in his face. There are weight classes for a reason ts.

Here is a question. If you took GSP out of the Bisping fight and put Conor in there against the count, how do you think that would go?

2 possible theories here:

A) Trolling
B) Dropped as an infant

GSP is 5'10 185lbs
Chad is 5'4 160lbs

They are almost different species.

Here is a question. If you took GSP out of the Bisping fight and put Conor in there against the count, how do you think that would go?

Interesting. In Nov 2017 that was an old Mike with some rust but Mcgregor had lots of rust and was rich as hell after the Mayweather fight as well. If I had to bet It would have been for Bisping to the fuck out of Mcgregor. Again, that was a rich, lazy Mcgregor with 100 mill on the bank. Currently Mcgregor would ktfo Mike of course. But any decent, good version of Mike would destroy Mcgregor. The size and conditioning difference are too much.

All that said, Mcgregor could blast him with a left and its all over.

Last edited:
Interesting. In Nov 2017 that was an old Mike with some rust but Mcgregor had lots of rust and was rich as hell after the Mayweather fight as well. If I had to bet It would have been for Bisping to the fuck out of Mcgregor. Again, that was a rich, lazy Mcgregor with 100 mill on the bank. Currently Mcgregor would ktfo Mike of course. But any decent, good version of Mike would destroy Mcgregor. The size and conditioning difference are too much.

All that said, Mcgregor could blast him with a left and its all over.

For the sake of arguing that anything is possible, Conor could catch him with a punch that could conceivably knock him out.
I would argue that Bisping has eaten punches from dudes that hit way harder than Conor can. People need to remember, Conor used to knock 145 pound dudes out. I think people overestimate Conors power a fair bit when they imagine him fighting larger guys. When the power is no longer the big factor, what else is there?

Back