Conor would beat GSP in his prime in my opinion, here is why

Posting in Legendary Thread.

GSP has no wrestling credentials what so ever, he was able to get away with this in a era with relatively little talent, but now without years of training, he woudent hold a candle in wrestling to Usman, Woodley, and Colby (the 3 best WW of all time).

Conor defended takedowns well in the third round against khabib, who is highly accomplished in sambo, and nullified his ground game in the first.

Chad roided to the gills was far more explosive and powerful than GSP with better wrestling credentials, yet was finished in the second by Conor, who was depleted by a weight cut.

GSP's standup is basically just striking against people who can't strike and are one dimensional. Aldo would break him down and clown him in striking, Conor took out aldo with one beautiful punch.

He was successful because he was not completely one dimensional, but against conor, who is well versed in multiple martial arts, GSP is going to sleep with a family meal (unless GSP taps before he can take the full meal).
image.jpg

<{you!}>
This is beyond bad trolling... It's an embarrassment to internet trolls.

Really sloppy work.

0YyHN21.png

Solid points

<mma4>

I don't know how my brain processed things this way but at first glance I thought your user title said "Dustin will beat Khabib by jumping trampoline"

<Fedor23>

To quote a scene from the movie "Tropic Thunder"...

"Everyone knows not to go full retard and you went full retard."

Right? There are standards
Yep...
The TS conveniently forgot to mention that GSP fought in the pre-USADA UFC and he also went up against dudes like Fitch, Hendricks, Hughes, Condit, Koscheck, Alves and a few others.

Colby is one of the 3 best WW of all time?

Ohhhh kay now I understand your post--you just don't know anything about MMA.

But seriously, your argument is flawed right from the get-go.

GSP had no wrestling background, true, but he was a natural and picked it up quickly to the point that he was asked to join the Canadian Olympic wrestling team. Pretty sure an Olympic wrestling coach is a better judge of wrestling skills that you.

GSP manhandled elite wrestlers, including Fitch, Kos, Hughes.

I guess what I'm saying is that you are pretty close to 100% wrong.

I think you might be confused, I did not mention your mom anywhere in this thread.

you mention woodley being a new age wrestler, better than gsp...shields beat woodely...yet couldn't beat gsp...hmmmmm. wrestling is wrestling..no such thing as new age...ncaa winner is the same now, as it was 20 years ago. gsp out wrestled koscheck, who in his prime, would out wrestle any of these guys. he'd beat woodley, usman. i'm talking koscheck before he fell in love with his striking...

Haha, I knew this thread would be solid - Sherdog's most loved vs the most hated. 34 views and 33 responses. Dis gun be good!

your trolling is on par with conrad's wrestling & grappling

it sucks

GSP has no wrestling credentials what so ever, he was able to get away with this in a era with relatively little talent, but now without years of training, he woudent hold a candle in wrestling to Usman, Woodley, and Colby (the 3 best WW of all time).

Conor defended takedowns well in the third round against khabib, who is highly accomplished in sambo, and nullified his ground game in the first.

Chad roided to the gills was far more explosive and powerful than GSP with better wrestling credentials, yet was finished in the second by Conor, who was depleted by a weight cut.

GSP's standup is basically just striking against people who can't strike and are one dimensional. Aldo would break him down and clown him in striking, Conor took out aldo with one beautiful punch.

He was successful because he was not completely one dimensional, but against conor, who is well versed in multiple martial arts, GSP is going to sleep with a family meal (unless GSP taps before he can take the full meal).
image.jpg
Did you watch Khabib fight? If yes, wtf is this thread.

Back