Conor will never win again

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Any changes in desire and 'improvements' he makes now will be countered by father time. It's too little too late, he blew it.

Sporting greats such as Floyd, Lebron, Brady & Ronaldo all have more money and success than Conor but still train harder than their competitors.

To be a true great it must hurt to lose but Conor takes it in his stride. History will record him as just another "coulda been"

Handing in my Conor nuthugging card, he's finished.

With the amount of money he makes, father time wont slow him. It is indeed true that hes not that fast and mobile as he used to be, but im pretty sure getting knocked out by Poirer can spark the fire inside him again and he might grind harder than ever.

He might win again if they give him an easy fight. Like Nate Diaz, for example.

But any top 10 at LW beats him badly.

Only his true nut huggers believed he was a great. Everyone else who could get past his gimmick knew he wasn't that great. The lack of activity, desire and development have all hurt him over the last few years. I think I hear Conor's phone ringing, hurry it might be Vince.

He will but he has to realize he's not top 10 material anymore because of his long breaks. If he fights outside of top 10 he might stop taking Ls and work himself back up.

False.

Conor is a good fighter who lost to another good fighter. We’re not talking old man BJ here, he still beats the crap out of most of the division. He will be back
He *could* be back. His head/ego are his own worst enemy. I, too, am not sure he can train hard enough/incentivise himself enough to live the lifestyle of an elite fighter. He's too spoiled on money for that now. And it's a bummer he's not a decent public figure and role model, because in that case I'd wish him the best. Instead I truly think he represents some of the most problematic and toxic sides of our society, and takes advantage of that fact.

They put him up against someone like Nate Diaz or Tony next he definitely will

Conor should fight Nate next. It's a fight he can probably win, make $$$ and gain some confidence. Low risk and high reward. If CM fights a Top 5 guy like Khabib, Gaethje, Oliveira, Chandler or Poirier, he will most likely rack-up another embarrassing loss by KO/TKO or submission. McGregor is a one-round, one-trick pony. If he doesn't land that big left in R1, he will lose. I'm not sure he beats Hooker, Felder, Barboza, Lee, etc. given that all of them are skilled/physical/rugged and can probably get the fight to the later rounds where McGregor drowns in the deep water...McGregor led a protected sheltered life as the UFC's golden leprechaun. He did great things at 145 where he had a big size (weight-height-reach) advantage. McGregor is just another guy at 155 which is why he fought so infrequently and rarely against top fighters. McGregor is 1 - 2 in LW fights and he split with Nate Diaz including a submission loss at 170 catch weight. None of this is surprising if you were a knowledgeable MMA fan. Ronda and Conor were the epitome of the circus and hype era of the UFC. Good riddance. I prefer sport over circus.

Last edited:
476617.jpg

Conor may not fight again. When everything sets in, understands 155 pound division has come 180 and has caught up to him , realizes hes generationally set ( unless he does something really stupid) - he'll realize he not winning UFC title and someone of his ego will just not allow a top 10 ranking. The sad thing is if hes REALLY willing to put the work in to be a complete elite , he has the talent ......I just dont see him putting in those thankless hours, following direction and 86ing the yes men.
Dana/ wme will not be happy when Conor retires .....for real this time.

I think he could he has a lot of talent but needs to work on the leg kicks but would like to see him against maybe hooker? not sure it makes sense just a fun fight

He isn’t really a what could have been because we seen his peak at FW. An all time great, top 3 FW (3rd). At LW? Seen many better fighters. A decent power left with accuracy, limited grappling and poor cardio with small heart.

Last edited:
Back