Conor will destroy Khabib in the rematch.

That fight made it even more obvious Conor has nothing for Khabib. If Conor threw that sloppy, telegraphed, slow, lunging straight left against Khabib that he led with against Cowboy he would be put on his ass

this was actually very surprising to me. I said the same thing initially. The shoulder strikes were surprising, no doubt, but I really wonder if that was actually part of the “game plan”. Also, surprisingly, his follow on lefts and GNP didn’t seem to have nearly as much of an affect as I would have though. I think the shoulder strikes that broke Cowboys nose and blew up his left eye had more of an impact on the fight stopping then that kick and follow on strikes.

Trolls are so boring these days, especially when half of the site is trolls.

Khabib didnt win just because Conor was having an off night, he also had a great game plan, circled away from Conor's left, wasnt staying a stationary target to get hit by Conor, didn't engage in Conor's bait like fake glove touch, he knew exactly what he was doing, even in the 3rd round when he knew conor was no threat.

Lol, don't feed the troll but Conor did the most cheating against Khabib in ufc history. If not he would've gotten easily finished in the second.

It is hilarious seeing Conor fans desperately cling to this tiny thread of hope. Boy these forums are gonna be a mess.

He was fit, he was calm, and he destroyed a legit 170 pounder like he was nothing. Khabib cannot dismiss Conor now without looking like a COWARD. I went to 3 large sports bars before I could get into one. That's how big this fight was. Khabib is not a draw, Conor is. Go hide Chicken Kabob. You got lucky the first fight like Serra vs. GSP. You will be destroyed in the rematch.
dork

this was actually very surprising to me. I said the same thing initially. The shoulder strikes were surprising, no doubt, but I really wonder if that was actually part of the “game plan”. Also, surprisingly, his follow on lefts and GNP didn’t seem to have nearly as much of an affect as I would have though. I think the shoulder strikes that broke Cowboys nose and blew up his left eye had more of an impact on the fight stopping then that kick and follow on strikes.
watch it again in slomo.

cowboy closes the distance to tie conor up and counters with a flying knee causing Cowboy to react which conor uses as a leverage point to parry then goes on the offensive with the shoulders within the clinch and backs Cowbow up.

What we just witnessed was a complete and utter evolution of Conor Mcgregor.

Conors weakness used to be the clinch to tire him out and drain him.

Is it still?
Probably as the fight goes on but he made major adjustments to be able to fight his fight within an all new range. In a way that is almost an evolution of the sport.

Conor just invented functional MMA wing chun.

watch it again in slomo.

cowboy closes the distance to tie conor up and counters with a flying knee causing Cowboy to react which conor uses as a leverage point to parry then goes on the offensive with the shoulders within the clinch and backs Cowbow up.

What we just witnessed was a complete and utter evolution of Conor Mcgregor.

Conors weakness used to be the clinch to tire him out and drain him.

Is it still?
Probably as the fight goes on but he made major adjustments to be able to fight his fight within an all new range. In a way that is almost an evolution of the sport.

Conor just invented functional MMA wing chun.

I can agree to an extent. I think that Conors initial left was him just going for the early KO. Which Cowboy easily avoided. I just found that a little strange, seeing as Conor has excellent pressure without winging a highly telegraphed bomb like that. The flying knee was more of a momentum thing, I feel. Cowboy slipping and closing the distance was perfect, however Conors ability to adjust and use the shoulder strikes were incredibly smart and shocking to Cowboy, especially when the second one shattered his nose. I can only imagine the shock value in that. Shoulder strikes have been utilized many times before, so I won’t say that’s it’s any sort of evolution. I was impressed though and now I am very interested in seeing a Masvidal fight. I figured Conor would finish Cowboy inside 2 rounds, but I am hard pressed to say he would have similar success against Mas. I think the match up between the two would be even more entertaining then the Nate fight and I am sure the build up would be insane. Crossing my fingers.

Calling me a liar you piece of shit? Fuck you. I went to two bars in my buddies town and couldn't get in. One holds close to 700 people. The fire department was there and told them NO MORE. Went to the second bar and no parking with no place to even stand. Drove 10 miles to another town and were stuck in a corner with 300-400 people in the place. The biggest UFC fight I have ever seen and I've seen almost all of them.

giphy.gif

That fight made it even more obvious Conor has nothing for Khabib. If Conor threw that sloppy, telegraphed, slow, lunging straight left against Khabib that he led with against Cowboy he would be put on his ass
it shouldn't require me to tell you Conor wouldn't throw such a shot against a jock strap sniffer style

Last edited:
Khabib will end Conor even faster in a rematch at 155...khabib embarrassed Conor outstruck him even.....conor at 170 khabib at 170 khabib puts conor 6 feet under ground with the GnP.....

Cowboy hasn't been a legit 155 or 170 for 2 years now.

He was fit, he was calm, and he destroyed a legit 170 pounder like he was nothing. Khabib cannot dismiss Conor now without looking like a COWARD. I went to 3 large sports bars before I could get into one. That's how big this fight was. Khabib is not a draw, Conor is. Go hide Chicken Kabob. You got lucky the first fight like Serra vs. GSP. You will be destroyed in the rematch.

Beating Cerrone is not a great win. The guy has been stopped within at least 2 rounds in his last two fights and is at the tail end of his career. And stop with the excuses its embarrassing. Kabib defeated and finished Conor over many rounds which is in no way lucky and Conor at most one round of a 4 rounds in their fight. Conor will actually need to earn a rematch and if/when he does he will be made to quit again like he has been in the past.

I can agree to an extent. I think that Conors initial left was him just going for the early KO. Which Cowboy easily avoided. I just found that a little strange, seeing as Conor has excellent pressure without winging a highly telegraphed bomb like that. The flying knee was more of a momentum thing, I feel. Cowboy slipping and closing the distance was perfect, however Conors ability to adjust and use the shoulder strikes were incredibly smart and shocking to Cowboy, especially when the second one shattered his nose. I can only imagine the shock value in that. Shoulder strikes have been utilized many times before, so I won’t say that’s it’s any sort of evolution. I was impressed though and now I am very interested in seeing a Masvidal fight. I figured Conor would finish Cowboy inside 2 rounds, but I am hard pressed to say he would have similar success against Mas. I think the match up between the two would be even more entertaining then the Nate fight and I am sure the build up would be insane. Crossing my fingers.
It's not the shoulder strikes that are an evolution. It's the way it is put together.

I agree that it was a momentum thing but it was also a way to simultaneously parry, strike (like wing chun) and take the dominant position in the clinch all at once. That's new.

Once his feet landed and he used the momentum to pull Cowbow off guard he created an opening that he used short strikes in, (like in wing chun) but he used a move straight out of Randy Coutures playbook, the shoulder.

He did it in all new way though as he never spent time fighting for an underhook for control in the clinch.

MMA evolved out of Randy Coutures wall n stall style where the clinch had become a static grinding fighting style.

Conor brought it back to that point but took elements from the other dirty boxer in MMA's style in those early days ,Jens Pulver, which used Dirty Boxing as a part of a more fluid movement based attacking style.

Then Conor added karate elements with that pendulem type of momentum with the flying knee.

The left was telegraphed because Conor was prioritizing positional control and control over dictating the action in the fight.

If Conor continues to develop this style for 2 or 3 more fights I can see him having an even 50/50 chance against Khabib.

You're right: Connor got caught by a punch and could not recover: that's why he ended up submitted... oh, wait...

Back