Conor, when you're on your back like a Gazelle, looking up at Kabear, and Gasping for life...

Conor's grappling > Khabib's striking
Statically incorrect. Khabib outstrikes nearly everyone he fights and barely gets hit.

Conor's grappling is low level by all measures.

It's irrelevant in this fight though because Khabib is just going to take Conor down and smesh.

Statically incorrect. Khabib outstrikes nearly everyone he fights and barely gets hit.

Conor's grappling is low level by all measures.
Technically correct

Khabib has terrible striking

Yeah if Conor gets stuck underneath Khabib he is fucked. He won't be able to come back.

But will he get stuck under khabib?
I sure hope so

Khabib also could be getting slept

Yeah if Conor gets stuck underneath Khabib he is fucked. He won't be able to come back.

But will he get stuck under khabib?
I sure hope so

Khabib also could be getting slept
He was stuck under Mendes 4 times for 6 minutes throughout their 9.5 minute fight. A fw who was the only wrestler Conor faced.

Khabib takes him down like that and Conor is burger meat.

This level of obsession is not healthy TS. Please see a psychologist or something.

I'd be far more concerned about Khabib making weight successfully and avoiding being injured than Conor dropping out. If Khabib realizes he wont make weight and doesn't try and end ups significantly over the limit would Conor still take the fight, that would be my biggest concern. Would Tony get a shot then? Can you imagine the disparity in ppv draws if Conor drops out, even with Tony as a back up, the difference would likely be a million plus ppv buys. Tony's legit and I think most people want to see him fight Khabib but there's no history to suggests either of Khabib or Tony can headline a ppv by themselves with a million or more buys.
Yep agree. Pretty clear prescription that Khabib/Conor is the biggest and best possible fight in UFC history. I just have no faith in WME to do the thing that is the biggest and best for the sport, since they've shown over and over to not be fans of MMA on the personal level and all about short-term-marketing rather than sport building.

In other words about what you'd expect for billionaires whose background is entertainment marketing and who don't personally care about MMA by itself.

Yep agree. Pretty clear prescription that Khabib/Conor is the biggest and best possible fight in UFC history. I just have no faith in WME to do the thing that is the biggest and best for the sport, since they've shown over and over to not be fans of MMA on the personal level and all about short-term-marketing rather than sport building.

In other words about what you'd expect for billionaires whose background is entertainment marketing and who don't personally care about MMA by itself.
The thing is though... is that they need Conor to fight soon or this year will be yet another financial flop for the UFC.

If Conor loses he may be more likely to come back to redeem his image like he did with Nate as opposed to building his image further and taking money boxing matches.

I'd agree about WME certainly being not the MMA fan's the Fertitta brothers were but their bottom line is all about making money. This fight is as you said the biggest and best possible fight to make ergo it makes the most money. Why do you think Conor was allowed in the end to fight Floyd Mayweather, even the biggest Conor dick rider knew he was fucked. It was simply because they got a shit tonne of money for it. They wouldn't pull Conor because it would cost them a shit load of money in the short term. Long term sure they could try and make Conor do a world tour and really hype the shit out of the fight to sell it at a later date with more time but if Conor doesn't want to do media it's hardly going to matter when the fight takes place, plus Conor's got an out, he could retire from MMA and still make 30-50 million in a boxing match promoting it himself against some boxing name. As long as WME is looking purely in the short term we will get the fights that make the most money which might irk some but there's fuck all we can do about it. This is essentially why if Conor gets past Khabib you best believe a Conor GSP match-up will be on the cards.

I never thought the fight would be signed. It seems like such a risk. Almost like suicide. Like, yeah Conor has that early punchers chance but when that most likely does not happen there is no worse guy to be in there with.

Maybe WME is blood sacrificing their son for a nice payout.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

LegitimateCheerfulHyracotherium.gif

McGregor-elbows-bottom.gif

56d0bf6031aa1.gif

85757ghhg845.gif

1422377422ConorLegDrag.gif

4LnkzLNfKW1W3HMsQxjGWev6OdEUxRX8QPOx4Qz7jXQ.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Iad12ok.gif

Hill_1.gif

FlickeringMiserableIberianemeraldlizard.gif

giphy.gif
You do realize that all you showed here was that even under average fighters took Conor down, right?

Mendes would have ended the hype with a full camp.

Well, look how salty this Conor fan is getting. The truth striking a nerve?

Yes, Khabib uses feints to set up his shots.

those ain't Fucking feints, Conor will see those as epilepsy and seizures , notice how that moron has his back against the cage there lol dudes done for

Khabib Nurmagomedov himself said:
“He have very good left hand, but I'm going to cut off this angle..."

Conor can always land but that's all he has. Khabib knows it's coming and just has to cut that angle off...

Found Khabib.

Not so Mysterio anymore.

I love fights like this. Mainly because someone with as much publicity as Conor is going to drive the odds for Khabib to a point where you can make way better money than a less publicized fight where the odds would be more realistic. If Conor had the name recognition of any other fighter in the division, Khabib would be -350 at best.

You’ll see the same effect if Brock/Cormier actually happens.

Terrible analogy TS. Maybe a bear vs tiger or vs a lion.

Back