Conor wasn't same after Mayweather

Stop comparing khabib to alverz, khabib is way better than alverz why do Conor fans keep making this mistake?

I am not comparing Khabib to Alvarez. I am just saying that Conor won't ever reach his prime again. Diaz is going to be clear favorite in 3rd fight.

Conor hasn't fought mma In a couple years.

The aversion to having a tune up fight or two before fighting killers after a lay off needs to stop.

This shit doesn't happen often for good reason.

2 week holiday to Ibiza?

I thought he was partying for six months.

Not sure how alcohol and concussion and are related to each other, could be something to that I guess.

Well he probably was, but it all began on that trip where he got completely out of shape. There was pictures how his stomach got extremely big on Ibiza.

I am not comparing Khabib to Alvarez. I am just saying that Conor won't ever reach his prime again. Diaz is going to be clear favorite in 3rd fight.

Conor looked like Conor. Dude is very dangerous, but he has glaring flaws that camps know how to exploit now.

Any elite level LW who can make it out of the first round is probably going to beat him.

Now you're just trolling. Diaz hasn't fought since he lost vs McGregor, and now all of a sudden he's gonna be "clear favorite" cuz McGregor lost a boxing match and a fight vs quite possibly the best ever at 155?

Conor is a great fighter, but he has holes in his game he just never had the right opponent to take advantage of them.

Conor was never that good. This is the same crap we see over and over again but this time the hype machine and the UFC kept it going for way too long. Conor At 145 was special but he lost his edge and became a circus act.

Or it could be that Khabib is a different, and better, fighter than Alvarez, and Conor is pretty much the same? Seems like a more obvious reason to me.

And Conor was still the first fighter to win a round vs Khabib.
Would he still have won that round if Herb deducted points for all the times he cheated?

Stop comparing khabib to alverz, khabib is way better than alverz why do Conor fans keep making this mistake?

It's not a mistake, it's their EXCUSE.

Don't forget...Nate Diaz is "three times bigger" than Conor. Nate is "2 divisions" higher than Conor as well.

I'll have to admit the truth. Conor is just a shadow of his former version. Hands are slow, movement is predictable and timing isn't there. Conor was on whole another level against Alvarez but money took over legacy. He made big mistake by taking a fight against GOAT boxer while talking ridiculous amount of shit about him. And what happen? He got smashed in terrible fashion, eating huge amount of strikes in last two rounds. And what he did right after? Went for two week holiday on Ibiza while his brains should be recovering from the fight.

I was blind enough to place 500 € on him against Khabib, without seeing the bigger picture and it was big mistake. He has been partying way too much and it is very unlikely that he would ever reach his prime again.
LOL at your bet!

Plus he took his striking to a whole new level in training for Floyd. He widened the gap in striking between himself and everyone else in MMA
{<Mcgoat}

People's hatred of Conor is simply way too deep to accept what's staring them in the face- Conor lost his hunger to train and fight somewhere during the Mayweather circus, and possibly even before that. When he was on the rise he was hungry, devoted every waking hour to training and improving, studied his opponents endlessly, and was obsessed with being the best. His peak was against Aldo, where he just slaughtered him mentally and physically. At this point he was atop the mountain, but still hungry for more. He took a shock loss against Nate, but was still obsessed to recover from it. He put a beating on Alvarez. But the moment he got that and the Floyd thing started, it was all about money over legacy, and his training and conditioning has continued to suffer.

We'll never know if Conor at his peak has a chance against Khabib, because the hungry, obsessed fighter is long gone now, replaced by someone far too comfortable with their easy life. He may well just not have what it takes to beat Khabib, because he is a terrible matchup for him- but the Conor we saw face Khabib was a shell of the one that decapitated Aldo. He looked heavy on his feet, his punches were slow from the first bell and he definitely didn't look like a guy who'd been training hard enough. Success can make fools of the best of fighters, which is why the greats like GSP and Silva will go down in history- they maintained their focus to take on all their challengers.

Floyd destroyed him physically and mentally.

Conor literally believed that stupid book “the secret”. Nate and Floyd beat the self belief out that boy lol.
It wasn't Floyd, homie. It was the sparring in the gym. He did something like 50 full fights in the gym in the lead up to May. His face actually looks different, like it was smashed, puffy, or possibly bloated from the drinking and drugging.

MMA fighters take WAY less damage than boxers to the head, and that rattles the brain, makes you slower and changes you for life forever.

As far as "The Secret" and the idea of thoughts somehow manifesting in to reality, it was proven to be true with Dr Emoto's water experiment. Just because Conor lost a fight does not prove anything, if anything it proves the law of attraction is working. Reading a book is not going to make you a master of it, and the law of attraction is working 24/7. The fact Conor became a champ champ, his only goal stated, kinda proves it's true - and it's not as simple as just saying and believing something, you also have to have to water those 'seeds' with goo intention and positive vibes. After all, he is just human, and drinking and drugging will mess with brain, energy and thoughts big time. Khabib also was putting the law of attraction in to use, but he was dedicating all his thoughts to smashing Conor while Conor was focused on fashion, his whiskey, his kids, etc - there's a reason why Khabib leaves his family to train away from them: it takes away from his focus.

People's hatred of Conor is simply way too deep to accept what's staring them in the face- Conor lost his hunger to train and fight somewhere during the Mayweather circus, and possibly even before that. When he was on the rise he was hungry, devoted every waking hour to training and improving, studied his opponents endlessly, and was obsessed with being the best. His peak was against Aldo, where he just slaughtered him mentally and physically. At this point he was atop the mountain, but still hungry for more. He took a shock loss against Nate, but was still obsessed to recover from it. He put a beating on Alvarez. But the moment he got that and the Floyd thing started, it was all about money over legacy, and his training and conditioning has continued to suffer.

We'll never know if Conor at his peak has a chance against Khabib, because the hungry, obsessed fighter is long gone now, replaced by someone far too comfortable with their easy life. He may well just not have what it takes to beat Khabib, because he is a terrible matchup for him- but the Conor we saw face Khabib was a shell of the one that decapitated Aldo. He looked heavy on his feet, his punches were slow from the first bell and he definitely didn't look like a guy who'd been training hard enough. Success can make fools of the best of fighters, which is why the greats like GSP and Silva will go down in history- they maintained their focus to take on all their challengers.
You also can't retire from elite sports and return at a the elite level immediately. A break is one thing, but he was gone for two years, even admitted he fell out of love with game. He was always obsessed his whole life with martial arts but that left.

A great equivalent is going on now even in horse racing, with a horse called Battle Of Midway. He won the biggest sprint race last year, was the fastest miler on the planet, exceeded all expectations and then was retired to breed. It then turned out that he was actually sub fertile and then returned to training after taking a year off, getting fat, breeding with mares and living the 'Stud Life'. Since he got back, he has not won a race and is getting murked on by mid tier horses, horses that he would lap before. You just can't take a prime athlete away and expect them to come back to the same levels - same shit even applies to Jordan, who was never the same after going to basketball, and it took him a long time to get back to near his former self....same goes with Cassius Clay-Muhammed Ali, who was never the same after his hiatus.

Now you're just trolling. Diaz hasn't fought since he lost vs McGregor, and now all of a sudden he's gonna be "clear favorite" cuz McGregor lost a boxing match and a fight vs quite possibly the best ever at 155?

Diaz maybe hasn't fought, but it doesn't mean he hasn't been training constantly and pictures say that he is on shape of his life.

McGregor has two terrible losses in row. Got smashed really bad in both fights, even got knocked down by wrestler with the overhand right. Doing large amount of alcohol between fights.

Diaz has submission win and McGregor barely won 3-2 major decision. I think it makes sense to favor Diaz in 3rd fight.

Back