Conor was right | Rogan is a scripted bore

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Seismic, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Seismic

Seismic Purple Belt

Offers nothing compelling. Same old lines and cliches. What exactly does he offer? Experience? He's commentating on a sport he's never competed in.

Imagine anyone taking the excellent Tony Romo & Pauli Mallignagi seriously as commentators if Romo never played in the NFL and Paulie never got in the ring.

Having an amateur "expert" shrieking over and over again that professionals are "hurt" when they've been hit with a glancing shot is embarrassing and makes the sport look small time.

JunkieJoe, HR, TeddyT and 16 others like this.
  2. Croo67

Croo67 Purple Belt

A Conor McGregor role-player complaining about someone using the same old lines and cliches.

Haha.

3. Right Hook nut shot

Right Hook nut shot Orange Belt

People hate Paulie but he's a great analyst, and keeps it real

4. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Rogan is a staple of the UFC and I for one am sickened by you OP.

Histalian, TooSexy, blurple and 21 others like this.
  5. OverPressure

OverPressure As seen on the Shoji Tabuchi show

Yah, Conor is totally spontaneous and doesn't script what he says at all.
    <BronTroll1>

6. MescalineDreams

MescalineDreams Gold Belt

Decades of martial arts experience, elite TKD competition experience, BJJ black belt under the Machado's along with a profound degree of observation and analysis can account for a lot.

Rogan's job at the moment Is to create synergy, not to be the voice of authority. He's definitely highly knowledgeable with a good mind for the game and can add his two cents, particularly when It comes to jiu jitu or striking. DC's job Is to be the voice of experience.

I'd say they're still Improving as a team but often times they have great synergy and fit well together.

Rogan Is a passionate fan of martial arts and a big part of what he brings to the table Is entertainment.

He's not perfect and In the modern era, they're all given talking points In the interest of upholding the narrative that the UFC wants to portray. Things aren't like the used to be where Rogan can just say whatever he wants. Think that's what a lot of people don't understand as well.

All that said, I would say he's pretty universally recognized as the GOAT of mma commenting for a multitude of reasons. Something DC, or anyone else who's shared the booth with him would tell you.

Threads like these border on blind hatred. People who don't like Rogan for whatever petty reason and are just grasping at straws to shit on him from their basement.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Histalian, NGute87, blurple and 15 others like this.
  7. MescalineDreams

Paulie's a guy you gotta take with a grain of salt. He's a pretty good shit talker. Great vocal game as well.

he's the kind of guy that If you had a sit down with him, he'd be completely different than the image he can portray on social media or In front of the camera.

All that shit is what makes him entertaining and fun to listen to whether you love or hate him.

He's an amazing analyst for sure. One of the best.

pretty sure he's on the adderall hard tho, he goes off. lol

8. TheLinguist

TheLinguist Brown Belt

Yeah, that’s Conor down to a T, only offers his neck and says the same boring shit ONLY NOW ITS EXCLUSIVELY ON TWITTER

9. Shogun Alexey

Shogun Alexey White Belt

He's got insight on most of the fighters, trainers, camps, different sports comprising mma, dieting, etc. He might be flawed, he is not perfect, but he's the best we've got. Having 2-3 commentators, all with different experiences (MMA or not), can provide a very broad spectrum of a fight. This "job" is very subjective anyway, it is for hyping fights, get the crowd involved, explains what is going on to the fans (who in their majority are not athletes themselves), etc.
    Try to watch smaller events and analyze the commentators, you will find something else to complain about there too.
    Without Rogan, all the fans that have been watching the sport for more than 10 years will be let down. Why is Buffer announcing fights?! Why is Dana still a promoter?! They are not fighters, but they are the best at what they do.

10. pizzle

pizzle Black Belt

I don't know, but I have always thought Rogan was overrated.

He's not that intelligent either, or funny in my opinion. His guests carry him on his podcasts, and he asks redundant, typical answers and has little knowledge on anything fascinating. His specialty is bro science, and his cohorts of Schaub, Callen and Bravo don't do him any justice either. It's the Mt. Douchemore of MMA imo, and for a 50 year old to still act like smoking pot is cool, well, that's outdated now.

Got rid of Goldberg, time to get rid of Rogan. Bring someone new in, and let Joe focus on his boring podcasts and all the Onnit supplements he can shove up his ass in a short amount of time. The guy is useless.

11. lsa

lsa Maître d' at The Pussy Lounge

I always found Megan to be prettier than Conor

Is this what we are doing?'
    Trying to fit Conor into anything

12. Tap machine

Tap machine Dustin will beat Khabib by jumping guillotine

it's nice to hear anything from that bald guy even if it's bullshit

13. Sausage_Carius

Sausage_Carius White Belt

I don't like Rogan or DC. They both obviously turned on Joanna in the Andrade fight and it's been an ever increasing slide down hill whenever they commentate her fighting. At least it was true up to the Tecia fight. I haven't listened to the Valentina fight because it's just too depressing to watch and I was there live. I did hear that they tried to talk JJ up in the later rounds but they wouldn't have to do that if they hadn't spent a year and a half bad mouthing her or just undermining her.

14. VenomCarnage

VenomCarnage R.I.P. FRANKIENYC

Don't you think your AV has aged badly? Surprised you even have the audacity to have that up to be honest.

[​IMG]

15. mmacrisis

mmacrisis Purple Belt

Way to show your complete lack of knowledge. Rogan did compete in Kickboxing/TKD at a younger age. He also is a black belt in JJ, probably being 10x as skilled in the ground game when compared to Conor. I know that isn't fair because Conor's ground game is almost non-existent. Conor's only skill is with his mouth and that is something everyone has grown tired of.

16. FleximusPrime

FleximusPrime I'm a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus

I can't but like Rogan but you can't deny that he's a UFC shill and changes his mind on the "greatness" of said fighters only to do a complete U turn on so many occasions it's beyond ridiculous.
    There's no coming back from this cringe.

17. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Pauli Malignaggi is everything I hated about Jersey Shore. Listen to me, I hate Pauli so much that if I saw him walking across the street Pulp Fiction style, I would have to think twice about whether or not to run him down.

[​IMG]

18. Kyojiro

Kyojiro Orange Belt

All this Joe Rogan hate lately.

19. sonhow

sonhow Red Belt

Rogan is still pretty much the best they got. I guess Felder and Stann were okay.

BrianC18t likes this.
  20. MescalineDreams

<DrakeLaugh>

MusterX likes this.