Conor walking around at 185

If he was already cutting water weight to make 155, then absolutely. I'm not sure why people are having a hard time with this.

Because it is Sherdog.
The land of "I call bullshit" without any proof.
Could Conor have told him 185 when he is 182 - sure, but my point was he is still huge for a 145lb champ ;)

TS is confusing walk around weight with fight weight. When Florian and Diego Sanchez started their UFC careers they fought on TUF and fought at 185. Years later they both fought at 145 (Diego did this recently and lost to Lamas). That's a 40 pound difference in FIGHT weight. Rumble has fought as low as 170 and as high as Heavyweight, where he's currently fighting at Light Heavyweight (205).

McGregor started his career at Featherweight and took many Lightweight fights, in fact, he's had more 155 bouts than 145 bouts. He's never missed weight cutting to 145. Dustin Poirier, a former Featherweight, is as big if not bigger than Conor, and Dustin is now a Lightweight fighter. Then you have guys like Tibau that are pure muscle at 155 that walk around damn near 200 pounds.

McGregor himself said that he walks around at about 170 and has reportedly been as high as 174. He wouldn't be bulking up this close to a 170 pound bout he'd be dieting down to make the weight. He wasn't 185 pounds at the Diaz press conference, he looked about 175 tops @ 5'9.

TS is confusing walk around weight with fight weight.

No, I am saying that Meltzer was told that on Friday, Conor was 185lbs.
I did not say he is fighting next week at 185.
I made a joke that the current 145 champ is 40lbs heavier - I never said he was fighting at 185.
Sherdog gone full mental after that Silva/Bisping fight

No. That is absolutely wrong.
Anabolic steroids are essentially synthetic testosterone. When people say steroids they are mostly talking about anabolic and not corticosteroids which helps recovery. But why take corticosteroids when HGH's purpose for being created is to speed recovery and promote cell growth and regeneration?

Does ANYONE other than me wanna see Conor vs NBK? I'd LOVE that fight!!!

I can see it, but I don't believe it. He was walking around at 172 when he was fighting Mendes.

There's zero chance he's 185. He cut down from about 170 just two months ago against Aldo. So he gained 15 pounds of lean mass in two months? LOL, you'd be lucky to gain that in a year but he somehow did it in two months...

No, I am saying that Meltzer was told that on Friday, Conor was 185lbs.
I did not say he is fighting next week at 185.
I made a joke that the current 145 champ is 40lbs heavier - I never said he was fighting at 185.
Sherdog gone full mental after that Silva/Bisping fight

I had no vested interest in Silva vs Bisping so I couldn't give a rat's ass tbh. But what Meltzer allegedly heard doesn't even make sense. Another example, former Welterweight (170) champ Hendricks walking around at 210/215. This isn't uncommon in MMA, especially not in the UFC.

Conor's walk around weight is around 170, low to mid 170s. From his own mouth at a relatively recent Q&A. The only time he's looked bigger than this was when he was out with his ACL tear rehabbing where he ballooned up to 180 or more but he wasn't in shape.

I had no vested interest in Silva vs Bisping so I couldn't give a rat's ass tbh. But what Meltzer allegedly heard doesn't even make sense. Another example, former Welterweight (170) champ Hendricks walking around at 210/215. This isn't uncommon in MMA, especially not in the UFC.

Conor's walk around weight is around 170, low to mid 170s. From his own mouth at a relatively recent Q&A. The only time he's looked bigger than this was when he was out with his ACL tear rehabbing where he ballooned up to 180 or more but he wasn't in shape.

He is not walking around the same weight now that he did for the Aldo fight
He is noticeably bigger

Funny how conor was so intent on fighting 145's all this time when he's clearly too big , what a bully

200w.gif

So you just took a random guess at Conor's weight and disregarded what someone in Conor's camp said.

We don't know if it was a guy in his camp, but someone that Dave thinks would know, but yes a guy that saw him on TV & guessed would know better.
For the Aldo fight, he was supposedly 174, so another 10 pounds is not unrealistic IMOO.

You wanna know what Conor looks like at 145 weigh in? Sheer death. It's no secret he cuts a crazy unhealthy amount of weight. He's not fighting at 145 again. And to make 155 it's gonna be super hard. 170 seems like a good fit for Conor. Can make the 10 or 15 lbs cut easy.

He is not walking around the same weight now that he did for the Aldo fight
He is noticeably bigger

He's always been muscular and he's on the shorter side so he looks thicker than he would be if he were taller and leaned out. He didn't just gain 10-15 pounds of muscle after his last fight, as another poster mentioned. He was huge during the Aldo camp too.

I guess I am the only one who could understand him not defending that 145lb belt to fight for the 155lb belt but now he is fighting at 170 and not for a title so basically he has vacated that 145lb belt in my opinion. Yes I know Anderson Silva has done similar things but after he had defended his title many times. I don't know the whole story but what I can see this in crazy putting a division on hold to go fight non-title fights. If he walks out holding up his 145lb belt he has not defended yet to fight at 170 in a non-title fight that will be shit show material. I am fully aware this fight is to save the card and he has no chance of making 145 now but The UFC and Conor should have thought about all this madness before attempting this multi-division champion crap.

Funny how conor was so intent on fighting 145's all this time when he's clearly too big , what a bully

He wasn't if he made 145 and he did every time.
I doubt he goes back.
If he wins a belt at 155 or 170 he will have 2 and them relinquish one I bet!

Back