Conor vs Siver Possible Fallout?

rock2x22

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who honestly will still be a fan or even close to this level of apparent worship if Siver pulls off the upset, whether he lays and prays or Flash sub/KOs Conor?

Guys entertaining Nd has style in the cage so I'm sold on him regardless

I wonder if the GOAT label will be used as much. People who do it just to troll wouldn't have a problem, but the fans will be butthurt.

Mark my words no possible way siver wins.

His take downs are nothing special and his stand up is wild and wreckless.

Connor should stop him in the 1st .

Dana paid a good amount to Siver. Mark my words conor won't lose that's for sure.

It's very highly improbable that Siver wins. He doesn't have good enough takedowns and aside from him catching Conor with a big shot, he's getting beaten up and finished. BTW, there's no such thing as a "flash sub" but there is a flash knockout.

To answer your question, I'd still be a huge fan regardless. I know what he's capable of and would still support him just as much as I do now.

Dana paid a good amount to Siver. Mark my words conor won't lose that's for sure.

So you are insinuating that the fight is fixed?

I actually saw a lot of posts saying the Dustin and Brandao fights were fixed and the mods didn't do shit, seems it's ok to question the legitimacy of a fight as long as it doesn't involve a mods favourite fighter.

What would people think if the match got called off because McGregor got injured??? That has better odds of happening than Siver actually winning.

The fight is most likely fixed like the Dustin Poirier fight.

There won't be any upset. Siver is old. His career is behind him. It is better to take the dive and cash in.

The fight is most likely fixed like the Dustin Poirier fight.

There won't be any upset. Siver is old. His career is behind him. It is better to take the dive and cash in.

You must be trolling.

I'm a big fan of Conor, but i've never used the GOAT word coz it should be earned.

He is one off the few current fighters that have the type of potential to get into that discussion eventually, only problem is he'll need to beat someone who is already in the discussion.

He has a risky fighting style that is very exciting to watch so he will most certainly get caught at some point, but i'll still be a big fan either way coz i'd much prefer to watch a guy that really tries to win a fight, not just outscore his opponent.

Just sober about the reality of today's UFC.

I wouldn't be surprised if Siver dives indeed within 2 min. Just for the hype.

What other fights in the UFC have been fixed in the last few years? Just McGregor fights? Was Poirier the first?

I'm interterested to hear the background to this.

I think Siver has a decent chance of beating the odds and to shock the world. Obviously, McGregor is a huge favorite and has shown some impressive performances lately but Siver's fight versus Cub Swanson, who is my opinion better than Conor, was very competitive till the 3rd round. When Swanson was spinning a back-kick, Siver catched it and took Swanson down for nearly the rest of the round. I'd really like to see a similiar scenario in this fight as McGregor's a guy who loves these spinning techniques, too. That's being said, it's Siver's only chance to win this fight. Mcgregor is the better stand-up fighter, although his defense is in need of little improvement, while Siver's stand-up looks sloppier than McGregor's. Whereby Siver has some serious power and McGregor has been hit in every of his UFC-fights, so Siver has, despite McGregor's good chin, a puncher's chance.

Siver's key to victory is his ground game which is drastically underrated. This guy has improved unbelievably radical over the years. I'd say, despite what the UFC is trying to communicate, that Siver is more a better grappler than he is a stand-up fighter. I highly doubt that McGregor would be able to sweep him like he did against Brandao.
So, McGregor's a 3-1 favorite for me and it's absolutely ludicrous that he is a 7-1 favorite over Siver. Dillashaw beating Barao for example was a much huger upset for me, than Siver beating McGregor would be.

That's being said, I think that McGregor wins via TKO in round 3 but never count Siver out!

Last edited:
Siver should just roid out like Bonner did and hope for the best.

I actually saw a lot of posts saying the Dustin and Brandao fights were fixed and the mods didn't do shit, seems it's ok to question the legitimacy of a fight as long as it doesn't involve a mods favourite fighter.

I find that pretty disrespectful to dustin... Dude was so cut after that loss it wasn't funny! You can't fake that shit or he would be making movies.

I find that pretty disrespectful to dustin... Dude was so cut after that loss it wasn't funny! You can't fake that shit or he would be making movies.

It's disrespectful to conor too. If you don't like him that's cool but throwing the 'it's a fix' line is just pathetic.

Because a rational, honest, educated person could watch McGregor's last 2 fights and conclude that they were fixed. Sherdog might want to protect fighters from defamatory accusations, but what you're talking about is just plain censorship. Besides, if it was fixed, Sherdog doesn't want to appear complicit. Best to play it safe and stay neutral.

What other fights in the UFC have been fixed in the last few years? Just McGregor fights? Was Poirier the first?

I'm interterested to hear the background to this.

Could be a first. Who knows. The reality of Pride surfaced only years after it ended and the winners often didn't even know about it.

My opinion is based on:
- The UFC making more and more greedy decisions prioritizing their pockets at the expense of the legitimacy of the sport
- What I saw during the Dustin fight. And I rewatched it quite a bit. I'm 90% sure DP took a dive.
- the overall attitude of the UFC towards Mac Gregor.
- it happened in the past with other organization. It would be very naive to think the UFC is immune especially when a lot of money is at stake.

I might be wrong...maybe..

Could be a first. Who knows. The reality of Pride surfaced only years after it ended and the winners often didn't even know about it.

My opinion is based on:
- The UFC making more and more greedy decisions prioritizing their pockets at the expense of the legitimacy of the sport
- What I saw during the Dustin fight. And I rewatched it quite a bit. I'm 90% sure DP took a dive.
- the overall attitude of the UFC towards Mac Gregor.
- it happened in the past with other organization. It would be very naive to think the UFC is immune especially when a lot of money is at stake.

I might be wrong...maybe..

Match fixing would leave them liable for very serious criminal charges, would cost them billions and would probably be the end of the UFC.

This happened in Italy a few years back and it completely brought Italian football to its knees, and the UFC is a grain of sand compared to Italian football, they would never be able to recover, especially if all the guys that ran it are in jail. These guys are also big players in the gambling industry remember, so it would probably be the end of all of their business interests.

And the only example you have is Conor McGregor because the shot didn't land cleanly enough? The Fertittas are going to gamble everything they have in life and everything generations of their family have worked to build up just for McGregor winning which gains them...what exactly?

Back