Conor vs. RDA makes so much sense

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was hyped and promoted many years ago.

Both guys are former top 5 but now top 10 LWs.

both are former champs.

Conor needs a step down in competition.

RDA deserves attention. Last time his foot was a balloon.

In my Opinion Conor gets his ass kicked by Chandler and doesn’t deserve Charles, Dustin, or Gaethe.

RDA is a great main event over Chandler Gaethe Comain.

It does. Doubt Conor wants that though. RDA can grapple his ass off, can fight southpaw and can fight for 5 rounds.

Conor could win if he believes it himself but alot of smoke and mirrors with that guy.

McGregor is one loss away from irrelevance. So if he's going to risk it... It's going to be a money fight. Not a fight for die hard fans to get a quality match. He'll want a big name at the top of the card. I get it, he's a huge draw. But one more bad performance like that last one and he's going to be on a downward spiral. And if it's to a relative unknown... bye bye McGregor.

Makes no sense to the UFC though.
Only reason it was made in the first place is because RDA was world champ.
This. People need to understand that money-fight fighters matchmaking is different than regular contenders. Once they figure that out they will understand the moves that Conor and the UFC makes. This match-up would make sense for a regular contender coming off a loss, but not for Conor. Dustin trilogy is the only fight that makes sense.

It makes sense. But it also makes sense for Jorge Masvidal to fight Leon Edwards.

It makes no sense for those fighters' brands and the UFC making money to put those fights on per se. What does McGregor have to gain with that fight? He's already still up there for contention at LW realistically, RDA really isn't currently. It makes no sense for McGregor himself.

Tony Ferguson, Justin Gaethje, Michael Chandler, Dustin Porier again = makes a ton more sense

This. People need to understand that money-fight fighters matchmaking is different than regular contenders. Once they figure that out they will understand the moves that Conor and the UFC makes. This match-up would make sense for a regular contender coming off a loss, but not for Conor. Dustin trilogy fight is the only one that makes sense.
I think they can sell any number of Conor rematches, Dustin, Nate, Khabib.
Outside of that, fights versus Nick Diaz and possibly Tony at a stretch.
But Chandler, Oliveira, Gaethje, RDA are nowhere to be seen on UFC’s radar.

conor will rematch guys he beat before and lose miserably, then retire as a drunk mess.

It was hyped and promoted many years ago.

Both guys are former top 5 but now top 10 LWs.

both are former champs.

Conor needs a step down in competition.

RDA deserves attention. Last time his foot was a balloon.

In my Opinion Conor gets his ass kicked by Chandler and doesn’t deserve Charles, Dustin, or Gaethe.

RDA is a great main event over Chandler Gaethe Comain.

Makes no sense unless your goal is to see him fail on top of failing again. Conor needs to get his head back into the game after last fight.

I always thought he should have stayed at 145, but a couple times he did look like the cut was too hard...but do you remember his cardio at 145? ...it was non stop...his cardio issue is the extra weight and muscle. Conor probably does not like looking small. Ego .

Poirier/Conor 3 is better

Make RDA/Gaethje so RDA can send overated Justin to irrelevance

I’d bet the Dustin trilogy is next for Conor. It’s what he wants. He usually gets what he wants being he’s the biggest money maker the implant has.

Nate 3 retirement if he loses, if he wins Dustin 3 retirement if he loses, if he wins Manny Pac retirement if he loses...
If he wins Khabib return after many years out the sport retirement if he loses, if he wins fight 65 year old GSP for the Bad Mother Fucka Belt.

Easy booking

200.gif

This. People need to understand that money-fight fighters matchmaking is different than regular contenders. Once they figure that out they will understand the moves that Conor and the UFC makes. This match-up would make sense for a regular contender coming off a loss, but not for Conor. Dustin trilogy is the only fight that makes sense.

i can’t say I saw anything that shows Poirier won’t flatten him again. Maybe even worse this time.

makes sense to me, but maybe it will happen after Dustin beats him if he wants to continue fighting. if not rda, they will cherry pick him someone, maybe pull someone out of retirement that he can beat.

Conor vs. Tony

conor vs. Justin

that makes sense, not RDA

It does. Doubt Conor wants that though. RDA can grapple his ass off, can fight southpaw and can fight for 5 rounds.

Conor could win if he believes it himself but alot of smoke and mirrors with that guy.

I got RDA by late submission

Back