Conor vs RDA analysis

CashMoney1991

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Super stoked for this fight, it should be promoted heavier but ufc sucks at promoting. Not only is it a rare champ vs champ fight, but its an interesting stylistic matchup. I think RDA shits all over Conor based on what "2 week camp" Mendes did to him. RDA will use the blueprint that Chad provide and execute it for 5 rounds en route to a UD 50-45. RDA has the better wrestling and BJJ, I also think this fight goes similar to his Pettis fight. IF it does stay on the feet, I would give the edge to Conor because he's more precise and has better establishment of range. The interesting thing is how the straight left of Conor's plays out because RDA is a southpaw as well. Conor also has the better stand up technique and counters, ask Aldo about his counters. Another factor is that Conor wont have the brutal weight cut, so maybe he will have the cardio to make it throughout 5 rounds.

I have to agree in regards to the Chad Mendes fight, RDA does look to be the perfect guy to do that to Conor, & possibly not even get the 50-45, but break Conor, and/or finish him. Round two of Mendes VS Mcgregor was very interesting, Chad was clearly fatigued, he still managed to time a take down perfectly, and from there he was hitting Conor with some hard shots. Mcgregor looked extremely uncomfortable & frustrated IMO. That pressure will be magnified with RDA because he will have a full camp, and is a cardio machine. Let's hope RDA keeps his his clear & fights smart, because on the feet anything can happen, Conor's timing is on point. Conor was pressuring Chad in their fight as well, Mendes had his back against the cage most of the time, octagon control is something that RDA usually possesses lots of, so tha battle for the centre will be interesting as well.

93% of the Conor vs RDA analysis threads are started by white belts.

Are they just more attuned to the fight game than the rest of us?

Forgive me Conor the great but i think RDA wins this one.

The striking match will be interesting here. I re-watched the Pettis fight and found that his biggest mistke was that Pettis got into a habit of circling to his right which lead him to RDA's power left.

This lead to him eating two hard left power shots at the start of round one which effected his vision moving forward.

When he circled into Dos Anjos left he was eating hard shots which either hurt him or backed him up against the fence leaving Dos Anjos in a position to fire more shots to stand him up and ultimately scoop him off the fence for a TD.

Pettis did has success landing punches and kicks when he founds moments to advance and circle away from RDAs power.

When RDA fought Khabib - there was the obvious element of the td threat from Khabib but Khabib also did a good job of keeping the fight in the center and forcing RDA to the fence with quick bursts and circling away from power.

I think it will be key that Conor is mindful of where he is in the cage, advance at the right times and circle away from RDAs power.

From a TD perspective - I believe that RDA will be stronger and just as "explosive" as Chad but I don't think he will prove to have effectie chain wrestling. Conor was able to stuff some double legs from Chad. When he was taken down it tended to come from Chads second attempt or effectivly cutting the corner. This is to say I think Conor will prove to have pretty effective TDD against the first shot so long as his back isnt against the cage. I think we will see Conor had TD trouble when he meets an effective wrestler that will know how to get him down on the second/third attempts.

Sorry about my spelling - for some reason it is taking a really long time for me to type in this new web format.

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

93% of the Conor vs RDA analysis threads are started by white belts.

Are they just more attuned to the fight game than the rest of us?
In the delusional world of Sherdog, join dates and belt colors are the true, one and only, pure unadulterated, undeniable, irrefutable mark of excellence when it comes to MMA knowledge.

"There's no chance of there being any real knowledgable and rational hardcore fans out there that have been into MMA back when I was in diapers or even trained in some reputable gyms if they don't have a Shershit account. That would be ludicrous." - @PeterGriffin

Back