Conor vs Poirier not signed.

My guess is that pay isnt exactly specified in multi fight contracts, some guys build up big hype trains from a couple of wins (Masvidal) that can change their card placement and purse, a guy cant sign what is he going to be making the 5-6th fight into a contract.
The UFC doesn't do single fight deals. I think some have tried before. Plus, that's how the deal would work. They sign 5 fights for 60/60k for example and then if they impress then the UFC could offer them more the next contract. I don't believe there's a reason why a fighter WOULDN'T know what each fight is gonna be paid ahead of time until we get to a place where fighters only do 1-3 fight deals. But the UFC doesn't want them to be able to go elsewhere until they decide to ditch them.

The UFC doesn't do single fight deals. I think some have tried before. Plus, that's how the deal would work. They sign 5 fights for 60/60k for example and then if they impress then the UFC could offer them more the next contract. I don't believe there's a reason why a fighter WOULDN'T know what each fight is gonna be paid ahead of time until we get to a place where fighters only do 1-3 fight deals. But the UFC doesn't want them to be able to go elsewhere until they decide to ditch them.
I know they dont do 1 fight deals, but its they pay what im talking about, at least on big names it cant be that simple, then why are those guys asking for more or not fighting? They already signed...my point is that base pay might be there, but not the upper end of what they could make, with new prelims guys might be, but main event type of fighters not sure, my guess is no one here knows, contracts dont get leaked that often.

I didn't like how Cowboy said he just got his regular pay for the Conor fight. When your opponent is a 10 million dollar a night fighter, you'd expect to get a piece of that pie.

At the start of the pandemic, Dana said that it would be really hard to give up a Conor gate. His gates are 18 million compared to the standard 2 million or less, so I'm very surprised that they're considering doing a Conor fight right in the middle of flu season where there surely won't be any crowd.

This is why Tony wanted to show some solidarity amongst fighters during the Poirier negotiations

I didn't like how Cowboy said he just got his regular pay for the Conor fight. When your opponent is a 10 million dollar a night fighter, you'd expect to get a piece of that pie.

At the start of the pandemic, Dana said that it would be really hard to give up a Conor gate. His gates are 18 million compared to the standard 2 million or less, so I'm very surprised that they're considering doing a Conor fight right in the middle of flu season where there surely won't be any crowd.
To me that basically says they think Conor is overpaid. If they can't get gate money off of him then he's a financial loss. At the same time, they have to offer him fights and his PPVs will always sell decently so some money is better than no money. Apparently he is so much of a money pit that they can't afford no live attendance.

Canor too lazy to make 155 and is acting like a bitch because Uncle Dana won't let him fight at 170. If I were him I'd call out Masvidal, but we all know he'd rather fight Diego in Dublin because it's a cracker!

Dana has been doing this for years. I remember when Benson Henderson stated that the UFC announced a fight between him and someone, and his only notification was having read it on social media (as they'd never even discussed it with him).
A lot of fighters find shit out on twitter

I remember Miesha Tate saying that she went through a depression, after finding out that the title shot that she earned and Dana promised her, against Ronda, was going to Holly.

She was so upset she said if she didn't get the title shot she was promised then she was going to retire.

Dana's response? Told the press "I guess she's retired now"

Brutal.

To me that basically says they think Conor is overpaid. If they can't get gate money off of him then he's a financial loss. At the same time, they have to offer him fights and his PPVs will always sell decently so some money is better than no money. Apparently he is so much of a money pit that they can't afford no live attendance.

Here's some math bro.
18 million for a standard Conor gate - 10 million for Conor's pay = 8 million in UFC profit in addition to whatever PPV money they made.

$0 gate - 10 million for Conor's pay = Minus 10 million dollars.

Whatever your point was in what you said, doesn't address this math. When he's getting a gate... then no he's not overpaid. When he's not... well... then they got a tremendous loss to compensate for before they even start making money.

Conor and Tony are a lot bigger fights than Dan Hooker that's why LMAO.

Same way Nate was getting 16/16 to fight before the Conor fight. Shockingly he wasn't paid the same for the Conor fight.

If you're fighting Conor, you know he's getting dough. Only fair to ask for a bump in pay.

if you think nate diva made 3 million to fight athony pettis of jorge your crazy.

the ufc reads dustin contract an that his purse money for his next fight. sure fighting conor get you ppv points and bonus but that not part of his fight purse.

Here's some math bro.
18 million for a standard Conor gate - 10 million for Conor's pay = 8 million in UFC profit in addition to whatever PPV money they made.

$0 gate - 10 million for Conor's pay = Minus 10 million dollars.

Whatever your point was in what you said, doesn't address this math. When he's getting a gate... then no he's not overpaid. When he's not... well... then they got a tremendous loss to compensate for before they even start making money.
That's partly what I'm saying. They're paying him so much that when it's not the full blown show he costs them more money than they are making. In my eyes that seems like he makes too much if he's not profitable except for certain circumstances

That's partly what I'm saying. They're paying him so much that when it's not the full blown show he costs them more money than they are making. In my eyes that seems like he makes too much if he's not profitable except for certain circumstances
The problem is that you're considering a pandemic that has shut down the world in an unprecidented way as "certain circumstances." Nothing like this has happened in the history of the UFC. This once in a life time thing is the exception. So if under this ONE SINGLE SITUATION... it's too expensive to pay Conor what he's making... that doen't make him over-payed during normal operation.

You have to understand that.

Well, the McGregor Anomaly is a different thing. You're right about they did put him under a 10 fight contract... but all you heard after that was McGregor negotiating the perameters of his next fight & Dana agreeing that they can come to an agreement.

So it's not quite as simple to say that EVERYONE signs a contract & that's what they get paid.

I'll give you that McGregor is an anomaly due to his star power. But there surely have been others. Brock for example has the kind of star power to make the UFC change perameters. GSP... Ronda all could've if they wanted to. I haven't heard if they did. Back in the day Tito was notorious for giving Dana a hard time on pay & Randy even took him to court.

I'm just saying that once you reach the top... your pulling power itself gives you the ability. Now whether or not Dustin has that pulling power is a related, but different conversation. The point I'm making is that things aren't as black & white as your making them out to be once you get to the top of the division.

UFC don't want Conor to fight without full attendance. They're playing games, pretending to offer fights etc. Probably offered Dustin $8k/$8k or some bullshit

According to Helwani there is no agreement for the Conor vs Dustin fight.
They want to pay Dustin the same amount as they offered him for the Ferguson fight he refused.
The UFC is using Gaethje to bring the price down.
They did the same thing with using Chandler to bring the price down for the Dustin and Ferguson fight.

I don't know about an agreement between Conor and the UFC.
LOL @ anyone surprised here. And fucking LOL @ all these Conrat fanboys counting their chickens before they're hatched YET AGAIN, based on some fucking social media post by that man. How naive are you for fuck's sake? Please send me your credit card info right away, I'll make y'all rich and won't run with your money! LMFAO

Dustin needs bet on himself here and just sign the fight already. If he wins the payoff for future fights will be worth it. But if or when he loses, to the back of the line he goes. The line of guys like justin, tony and chandler. Conor is dustins short cut to stay at the top of the rankings when khabib finishes his last fight. Even if dustin beats conor it shouldnt grant him khabibs finale, we seen that fight already.
And for gaethje he's damaged goods for now. They should use chandler or ferg as the replacement since they didnt just get destroyed and are always training so should be in fairly decent shape.

Last edited:
Back