Conor vs Poirier not signed.

Proper 12 does a ton of charity work. This wouldn’t be any different. Also, Conor is a lot of things, but when he says something he usually does it or tries to.

so he still retired right.

Dana claiming they've both signed or announcing unsigned fights as usual. What a cunt
Exactly.

What a cunt move. He gets the fans' hopes up for the fight, gets them excited... then announces that one of the fighters didn't agree and it's too bad, that he tried his best and there's nothing he can do.

Fucking hell, should be able to sue Dana for false advertising or something

Dustin doesnt realize he has no leverage. There are fights with Justin, Tony, even Max and Chandler. Frankly more people want the Conor/Justin fight than Dustin so he might negotiate himself out of the fight again.

He's right. Ariel said it on the dc and helwani show
You telling me TS is correct is not evidence. Why would someone start a thread claiming something without posting the source. GTFOH

If Conor fights Gatheje he's gonna stop him in round 2.

they should have money put aside specifically for this kind of situation.
it's no use saying it's a new ppv model (with espn paying an outright sum) so ppv doesn't really exist. espn are paying because of super shows like mcGregor brings, pay Poirier a mil or 2 ffs.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh I signed a contract with a pay clearly outlined but now the boss won't pay me more!!!! wahhhhhhhhhhh
This is why I don't understand how these situations happen. A fighter signs 70/70 or whatever but then "I wasn't offered enough/offered the same as the ____ fight". Like, wtf. I'm all for more fighter pay, but a contract is supposed to end mid-contract negotiations. The time for negotiating is after the last fight on the contract. Not the 3rd out of 6.

For fucks SAKE can they just pay their goddamn fighters.

Dont forget Diego Brandao hahaha whoaaaa what a top win!
McGregor also had to grab the cage three times against Brandao and zero points were deducted.

Didnt Masvidal do the EXACT same thing and sherdog celebrated him for it? Things lined up for him, but he did the same thing, crying over a contract he signed before hand.
Masvidal bragged about his new contract leading up to the Diaz fight, then after that fight complained that he wasn't getting paid enough for his next fight.

"A lot of people are going to be mad over the money I'm making." - Jorge Masvidal
gZqG2Z.gif

@snackgod - You do realize you can multi quote reply, right? You took up most of a page with all your responses <Lmaoo>. I do agree though that fighters shouldn't complain about contracts they signed, especially if they said they were happy with them (which is precisely what Poirier did when he signed his most recent contract).

This is why I don't understand how these situations happen. A fighter signs 70/70 or whatever but then "I wasn't offered enough/offered the same as the ____ fight". Like, wtf. I'm all for more fighter pay, but a contract is supposed to end mid-contract negotiations. The time for negotiating is after the last fight on the contract. Not the 3rd out of 6.
My guess is that pay isnt exactly specified in multi fight contracts, some guys build up big hype trains from a couple of wins (Masvidal) that can change their card placement and purse, a guy cant sign what is he going to be making the 5-6th fight into a contract.

McGregor also had to grab the cage three times against Brandao and zero points were deducted.

Masvidal bragged about his new contract leading up to the Diaz fight, then after that fight complained that he wasn't getting paid enough for his next fight.

"A lot of people are going to be mad over the money I'm making." - Jorge Masvidal

@snackgod - You do realize you can multi quote reply, right? You took up most of a page with all your responses <Lmaoo>. I do agree though that fighters shouldn't complain about contracts they signed, especially if they said they were happy with them (which is precisely what Poirier did when he signed his most recent contract).

dustin didnt cry about money when fighting dan hooker funny how since he is.

holy fuck can we stop with this fucking negotiations every fucking fight... like what the fuck r the contracts for then if you are just gona bitch and moan every fight for more money.....like 1 guy did it, now everyone is doing it expecting 200 million per fight just because they fight someone popular or ranked higher than them..... this is turning into a shit show really quick, im all for getting your money which the Dustin for sure has gotten, but god damn can you please just stick to a contract or dont sign one you dont like.....the time to hold out is during contract talks not after you sign one and then bitch and moan about it.
If fighters were paid enough this wouldn't happen. A guy that is a future hall of famer, still in his prime and probably the best in his division is getting paid 200k a fight... is that normal to you ?

Contracts don't mean shit for the ufc. They can release fighters whenever they want, also they renegotiate whenever they want like they did with Lombard. Why would fighters respect something the ufc doesn't ?

If this is true I can't blame Dustin. The UFC offering the same he refused months ago just show they're trying to force him into a corner.

Let Dustin get paid.

dustin didnt cry about money when fighting dan hooker funny how since he is.

Conor and Tony are a lot bigger fights than Dan Hooker that's why LMAO.

Same way Nate was getting 16/16 to fight before the Conor fight. Shockingly he wasn't paid the same for the Conor fight.

If you're fighting Conor, you know he's getting dough. Only fair to ask for a bump in pay.

It's likely true. Helwani doesn't report these things if they're not true. It's just that this could go either way. Poirier has said no in the past, but it's also a big rematch. But it won't be for the belt. Gaethje likely accepts. Just lost, wants to fight everyone, a win here gets him another shot.

Could be the default "We tried to make the fight, but Dustin didn't want it" answer. No, you tried slimeball tactics and they didn't work, so you lie.

Poirier fucked over t Ferg to get this opportunity, imagine if the result of this is t Ferg vs conor. Fucking awesome

Ferguson, Conor, Gaethje, Dustin and Chandler. 4 fighters needed, yet they have 5 to choose from.Conor already has a seat and the rest is musical chairs. The only question is who the dumb bastard will be that is still dancing when the music stops.
Tony Ferguson the type of guy to sit on the ground when the music stops

I’ll try to capture the story in sherdog style.

The UFC: Hey man, listen, we’re sending you the contract to fight in the biggest fight of 2021 against the most popular fighter in MMA. We’re sending it right now.

Poirier:
<DCWhoa><GinJuice>

Contract: You still get 100k to show and 100k to win, so sign here
<This7>

Poirier:
<{Joewithit}> <{cruzshake}>

Exactly.

What a cunt move. He gets the fans' hopes up for the fight, gets them excited... then announces that one of the fighters didn't agree and it's too bad, that he tried his best and there's nothing he can do.

Fucking hell, should be able to sue Dana for false advertising or something

Dana has been doing this for years. I remember when Benson Henderson stated that the UFC announced a fight between him and someone, and his only notification was having read it on social media (as they'd never even discussed it with him).

Back