News Conor vs Poirier II but for charity, not in UFC?

That's short sighted. We don't know when this pandemic is going to end. In the mean time, you have your biggest star getting ring rust. There talking about getting crowds next year (Maybe)! That's nuts. I wouldn't expect ANY healthy willing fighter to sit out for a year, let alone the biggest star in the sport.

Now that I think about it, Conor has legit grounds to sue or get out of his contract, if they don't give him fights.

he's ducking all top contenders anyway, they probbaly covered themselves contractually and offered him tony and justin this year but he turned it down,

McGregor is trying to get out of his contract, and/or piss off Dana.

He is probably going on the assumption that UFC will not place a cease-and-desist on a charity event for fear of bad optics. We will see ...
Is Conor under any contract with UFC?
I don’t know for sure but I thought he was essentially on a fight by fight deal, unlike all the other fighters that sign, what is it, 3 or 5 fight contracts?

he's ducking all top contenders anyway, they probbaly covered themselves contractually and offered him tony and justin this year but he turned it down,
Justin refused to fight him after he got the title. Tony avaibility was up in the air as he was booked and then lost to Justin. You really expect a healthy Conor to wait from January to May?

So your cash cow want's to take "easy" fights? From a business pov, who cares. Let him fight and make the company money. I don't see why they could not have booked Diego.

Dana has really fucked up the handling of Conor. Just give him whatever he fucking wants to keep him active. Making him a alternate to Khabib and Tony, is such a bizarre gamble.

The biggest super star in MMA and you want to shelve him for 7 months to a year. Makes no sense.

This obsession with making Conor a champ hurts there own business.
He fucked up the handling of Conor from the start by giving him too much leeway and turning him into a diva. I think the sport has moved on from Conor now but he's still grasping on for attention. Is this going to continue forever? Will Conor be 40 years old and retired for a decade and still be talking shit on twitter? He needs to get off social media for his own sake and ours.

Is Conor under any contract with UFC?
I don’t know for sure but I thought he was essentially on a fight by fight deal, unlike all the other fighters that sign, what is it, 3 or 5 fight contracts?
He has a multi-fight contract. In 2018 it was reported to be 6-fight.

He tended to renegotiate his contract every fight - which is something UFC didn't have to do but they did it due to his success. So every single fight they would say "here's the new contract (more money) and we extend it by another _ fights"

UFC have to offer each fighter a certain number of fights per year (usually 3 or 4). If UFC fail to do this, it is a breach of contract. I believe Conor thinks he can get out of his contract now because they have not offered him anything due to covid.

Any form of combat exhibition can most likely be stopped by the UFC, Grappling? No problem, even if grappling can lead to a long layoff injury, UFC guys go into Grappling events all the time.

These guys are just talking out of their ass. They are employees, they know they can’t fight elsewhere and are just posturing to social media, which in itself is a sad pathetic play

Are some of you guys this daft to believe it's a thing? He was fighting Pacquiao in Saudi Arabia two days ago. They're just trying to leverage the UFC for more money, and it's boring.
I don't even think that's it. I think he just wants attention and to have his name in positive headlines after the last sexual assault accusation.

That's short sighted. We don't know when this pandemic is going to end. In the mean time, you have your biggest star getting ring rust. There talking about getting crowds next year (Maybe)! That's nuts. I wouldn't expect ANY healthy willing fighter to sit out for a year, let alone the biggest star in the sport.

Now that I think about it, Conor has legit grounds to sue or get out of his contract, if they don't give him fights.

Literally every big name UFC fighter makes the walk only once a year anymore, that has been the trend lately. Khabib, Stipe, Floyd fights every 2 or 3 years. Nobody wants to fight cause Dana doesn't want to pay.

jNzLw2d.png
<36>

I don't even think that's it. I think he just wants attention and to have his name in positive headlines after the last sexual assault accusation.
I’ve noticed this as well.
After Conor usually fucks up in the news he tends to get loud on Twitter about a fight or beef with some fighter. Most likely to draw headlines away from his out of competition problems.

Won’t happen.

Neither will the Pac fight.

His next fight will probably be Diaz, mid next year.

Justin refused to fight him after he got the title. Tony avaibility was up in the air as he was booked and then lost to Justin. You really expect a healthy Conor to wait from January to May?

So your cash cow want's to take "easy" fights? From a business pov, who cares. Let him fight and make the company money. I don't see why they could not have booked Diego.

bullshit, both poirier and gaethje called him out when he was iddle and healthy and he didn't say a word, and now pretends he wanted to fight him? it happens justin was calling him a bitch at the same time he pretends he wanted to fight him.
now he wants to fight fighters on losing streaks, cause he's ducking contenders
khabib stole his soul and his confidence, that's what it is

not gonna happen, conrat is desperate to take attention of his rape cases etc

Back