News Conor vs Poirier II but for charity, not in UFC?

FIGHTING TALK

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are some of you guys this daft to believe it's a thing? He was fighting Pacquiao in Saudi Arabia two days ago. They're just trying to leverage the UFC for more money, and it's boring.

jNzLw2d.png

UFC will get an injunction before this happens. Rest assured they can never fight without UFC getting involved.

I love how people still believe every word that Conor says and takes it for gospel.

Just because a fighter says its an exhibition doesnt mean they can just go ahead and fight wherever without Dana and the UFC saying so.

It does if they're both out of contract lol.

They are both pissed at Dana I assume... :)
Dana has really fucked up the handling of Conor. Just give him whatever he fucking wants to keep him active. Making him a alternate to Khabib and Tony, is such a bizarre gamble.

The biggest super star in MMA and you want to shelve him for 7 months to a year. Makes no sense.

This obsession with making Conor a champ hurts there own business.

UFC will get an injunction before this happens. Rest assured they can never fight without UFC getting involved.
They might be able to get around it if they sell it as an "exhibition", but cooler heads will prevail, and Dana will bend the knee and give the fans Dustin/Conor 2.

McGregor is trying to get out of his contract, and/or piss off Dana.

He is probably going on the assumption that UFC will not place a cease-and-desist on a charity event for fear of bad optics. We will see ...

Dana has really fucked up the handling of Conor. Just give him whatever he fucking wants to keep him active. Making him a alternate to Khabib and Tony, is such a bizarre gamble.

The biggest super star in MMA and you want to shelve him for 7 months to a year. Makes no sense.

This obsession with making Conor a champ hurts there own business.

Conor fucked up the handling of Conor more than anything else.

I dont think its the champ agenda theyre fixated with I think its more with no crowds, they know how much money Conor brings in live gates when he fights.

Conor fucked up the handling of Conor more than anything else.

I dont think its the champ agenda theyre fixated with I think its more with no crowds, they know how much money Conor brings in live gates when he fights.

That's short sighted. We don't know when this pandemic is going to end. In the mean time, you have your biggest star getting ring rust. There talking about getting crowds next year (Maybe)! That's nuts. I wouldn't expect ANY healthy willing fighter to sit out for a year, let alone the biggest star in the sport.

Now that I think about it, Conor has legit grounds to sue or get out of his contract, if they don't give him fights.

Back