Conor Vs Nate (What Happens)

Diaz the loose cannon has a meltdown five minutes into the first press conference. Those with no interest in the UFC see videos of some incoherent mad man ranting about he's going to murder McGregor, they suddenly get interested and mark the fight down in their schedule.

Diaz walks into the octagon shaking with rage and full of emotion. McGregor (unfortunately) picks him off inside the first minute.

Yeah, no, none of the diaz bro's are scared of a fight, they grew up fighting.

His mentality of not giving a fuck?

It's easy to not give a fuck when someone is batting meaningless insults like "you're trash" at you. It is not, however, easy to ignore it when someone is intelligent about it. McGregor does not just use meaningless insults, he finds way into someones head - whether that be by telling them over and over that they are worthless as they cheated with drugs (Siver) or by telling them that they won't show up again (Aldo) or by telling them that he (McGregor) is fighting for their country, as they betrayed said country (RDA).

Men with far more composure and patience than Diaz have lost it with McGregor's games.

While what you are saying its true,it won't work on Diaz. Not in a way that he wants to. Conor wants to get fighters so angry they are out of their element. Nate is always fired up and raging,don't you see that?
It won't be any different that the other times,no matter what Conor says,it won't get in Nate's head. I think it's not even so much that he doesn't care,he just doesn't listen.He knows his shit and he comes to fight like every other time ready to go to war.

Too quick? I dunno. We haven't seen him vs UFC caliber LWs. And Diaz hands can be pretty quick too. But who knows he could prove to be quicker.

Definitely not too powerful either, Diaz faced harder hitters. The accuracy with punches is Conors best feature,and Diaz is pretty accurate once he gets rolling too.
If Conor can land hard enough on Diaz early he can win bigtime. Diaz has bad head movement most of the time.Conor hasnt shown great head movement either though and even if he does we've seen diaz pick apart fighters as they are moving thier heads with his pinpoint jabs. Diaz definitely has the better jab.that with his reach makes this a really interesting fight.
solid points. im super tired right now and ill try to rebut them tomorrow.

I kind of see Conor kicking Nate into another dimension but Nate could have some success with his volume boxing. Diaz submitting him would be great but i think this looks more like Condit/Diaz with more pressure from Conor

Interesting to see if Conor will be able to land a lot of those straight kicks to the stomach. I don't think Nate has any desire to defend them and will eat all of them. But if he could take Conor down his jiu-jitsu could be something.

Nate's only hope is that Conor falls down and he can get a sub. The only other thing nate has going for him is that he never really overcommits on his strikes, which seems to be something that Conor feeds off

He never overcommits and has a reach advantage which he is great at using.

I don't see Conor being able to counter much in this fight, he needs to pressure Nate with angles.

Diaz the loose cannon has a meltdown five minutes into the first press conference. Those with no interest in the UFC see videos of some incoherent mad man ranting about he's going to murder McGregor, they suddenly get interested and mark the fight down in their schedule.

Diaz walks into the octagon shaking with rage and full of emotion. McGregor (unfortunately) picks him off inside the first minute.

Diaz is very similar to McGregor in that he doesn't care about what his opponent says about him, he just cares about what he's going to say to his opponent. The opponent is nothing to him, he doesn't even exist.

Diaz has never been phased by trash talk. He thrives off of it, that's why he always starts shit with his opponents before the fight. He really doesn't give a fuck what is said about him, as long as he gets to say whatever he wants about you.

jabs are only going to work with fighters that stay back, out of range. And diaz can use the jab to pick the guy off. Conor is very aggressive. Always throwing. So the jab will not be as usefull
Diaz is also always aggressive and always throwing. And Diaz does catch guys going in and while they are striking, just as Conor does. On paper,that kinda favors the guy with the size and reach advantage with the better jab.

Diaz is very similar to McGregor in that he doesn't care about what his opponent says about him, he just cares about what he's going to say to his opponent. The opponent is nothing to him, he doesn't even exist.

Diaz has never been phased by trash talk. He thrives off of it, that's why he always starts shit with his opponents before the fight. He really doesn't give a fuck what is said about him, as long as he gets to say whatever he wants about you.

That's what I was meaning. I don't think Diaz will get to say what he wants to say, McGregor had Mendes, who is far more composed than Diaz, slurring and stuttering in press conferences. I can see Diaz angrily shouting incoherent rants, while McGregor has the room laughing at him.

That's what I was meaning. I don't think Diaz will get to say what he wants to say, McGregor had Mendes, who is far more composed than Diaz, slurring and stuttering in press conferences. I can see Diaz angrily shouting incoherent rants, while McGregor has the room laughing at him.

Mendes is one of the worst fighters I've seen on the mic though, Nate can talk shit and is always entertaining and funny as fuck (whether he's trying to be or not).

He's a a real street cat and he tells it how he sees it.

tumblr_n901agOR791ry1rm7o3_400.gif
To this day I recall that sub and Nate's calling it prior to the tap and still chuckle to myself. Such beautiful arrogance...

I think Nate will get cracked on the chin, turtle up, and lose via a TKO through a barrage of punches. It will be a lame stoppage since Diaz can take the punishment. But due to all the unanswered punches, the ref will step in. Complaints and a general disappointment will come after, especially from fans that knew Diaz could have withstood the assault.

Back