Conor vs little men

tomjones

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Im a fan of Conor but his fights look kind of silly. He towers over most of his opponents and he looks like hes two weights classes above them. Also in the weight ins, Conor looks near death just trying to make the weight.
This is hardly stuff of legends...

Im a fan of Conor but his fights look kind of silly. He towers over most of his opponents and he looks like hes two weights classes above them. Also in the weight ins, Conor looks near death just trying to make the weight.

Bingo. People must look at boxers and see them moving up and weight and thinking oh that's what I have to do too. But most boxing weight classes are either not far apart or the guy moved up weigjtclasses natrually as he got older. Guys now a days just drain their bodies to fight outmatched opponents and then think yhat adds to their legacy somehow. It takes away from it.

So McGregor wins by reach too?

Will Chope - 6'4
Pablo Garza - 6'1
Max Holloway - 5'11
Hatsu Hioki - 5'11
Charles Oliveira - 5'11
Clay Collard - 5'11
Andre Fili - 5'10
Darren Elkins - 5'10
Jeremy Stephens - 5'9
Dustin Poirier - 5'9
Conor McGregor - 5'9

Just off the top of my head, damn all of those cheaters, it's too easy for them!

Will Chope - 6'4
Pablo Garza - 6'1
Max Holloway - 5'11
Hatsu Hioki - 5'11
Charles Oliveira - 5'11
Clay Collard - 5'11
Andre Fili - 5'10
Jeremy Stephens - 5'9
Dustin Poirier - 5'9
Conor McGregor - 5'9

Just off the top of my head, damn all of those cheaters, it's too easy for them!

Stop bringing logic and reason to a Conor hate thread.

Will Chope - 6'4
Pablo Garza - 6'1
Max Holloway - 5'11
Hatsu Hioki - 5'11
Charles Oliveira - 5'11
Clay Collard - 5'11
Andre Fili - 5'10
Darren Elkins - 5'10
Jeremy Stephens - 5'9
Dustin Poirier - 5'9
Conor McGregor - 5'9

Your intelligence & facts have no place in this thread.

that's about average. KZ is 5'9''. the reigning champ for nearly a decade, Aldo, is only 5'7''. He beat Siver, not because of his height or reach.

Just wait until he fights someone his own size like Dustin Poirier then he's in for a beating...

Well, he's not really a legend yet ...

But I do hear him planning on doing things in the lightweight division at some stage.

And also Aldo is big for featherweight as well. Not as tall as Conor but definitely thicker.

So what are you saying?

his size in weight i agree he is very big for the division but as for being too tall nah..he is only 5'9

What's interesting is that he brought this up himself in the post fight presser.

Isn't McGregor only 5'9? He's not some giant, Siver despite being an ex-lightweight he's still short for featherweight. So is Aldo. The thing with McCgregor is that he fights tall with a wide base so it gives the illusion that he's towering over his opponents that are crouched a bit with a narrower base.

He beat Siver, not because of his height or reach.

How can you seriously say that? Connor was able to strike Siver while staying out of Siver's reach. That played a huge role in how the fight went.

Siver's strikes were 2 feet away from landing when he was countering Connors jab.

I don't understand why people think fighters are doing the wrong thing or somehow cheating by cutting weight. The overwhelming majority do, there isn't a single rule against it, and they signed a contract to make a certain weight. So they make the weight, like a professional. Where's the fucking problem?

People who have a go at Conor or even Jones for being "too big" are just clutching at straws. If you're getting beat on by somebody bigger than you, maybe you're too small for them.

Isn't McGregor only 5'9? He's not some giant, Siver despite being an ex-lightweight he's still short for featherweight. So is Aldo. The thing with McCgregor is that he fights tall with a wide base so it gives the illusion that he's towering over his opponents that are crouched a bit with a narrower base.

a wide base makes one shorter

dustin-poirier-conor-mcgregor.png

People that say height and reach are not a factor are ratards.

People that say height and reach are the only factor are ratards.

Here come the Conor / Jones comparisons.

And why not? After every Jones victory it's the same thing "He's scared to go HW" blah, blah, blah. Conor is a big LW that kills himself to make FW accept Jon's never at issue to make weight where Conor looks like he requires a I.V. drip after the weigh-in so fair comparison.

Last edited:
Back