Conor vs Khabib will decide which form of martial arts is superior at the highest level

liteitup

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Arguably the best pricision power striker in the UFC vs the Arguably the best wrestler/grappler in the UFC.Closest thing I can remember to a fight like this was Silva vs Wiedman or Silva vs Chael,those fights went both ways. I think Conor vs Khabib will better decide it.

If MMA told us one thing then that it is about the fighter. Not the Martial Art.

That's why they all have to train everything.

Conor is not a pure striker. And Khabib not a pure grappler.

But both are trained in all areas in a way that enables them to use their best asset effectively.

It's striking, always will be..

No it won’t. You can’t generalise from a single fight to an entire sports-worth of fights

Khabib could make a mistake and instantly get knocked out but that won't mean striking is superior. Similarly, Conor may make a mistake and instantly get taken down and pounded into oblivion which again wouldn't mean wrestling is superior to striking. It's just how the fight went. To analyze something like this, you need a large data set of strikers vs wrestlers and then see who comes out on top most of the time. And that still can't be accurate but give you a better idea.

No it won’t. We already know.

In no particular order:
1. American folkstyle wrestling with a dash of either Greco/Roman, Judo, or Sambo (for work from the clinch).

2. BJJ

3. Muay Thai or Dutch Kickboxing.

After that, it’s a matter of the athletes involved—not just anyone could make Wonderboy’s or Prime Machida’s style work, for example. You have to have the right kind of rhythm, speed, timing, etc. to do what they do (did) well.

Conor is that kind of athlete as well. Most of what he does so well depends on his speed, precision, and timing. If he wins, it will say more about him than it will say about striking.

In fact, pro wrestling is strong.

Arguably the best pricision power striker in the UFC vs the Arguably the best wrestler/grappler in the UFC.Closest thing I can remember to a fight like this was Silva vs Wiedman or Silva vs Chael,those fights went both ways. I think Conor vs Khabib will better decide it.

Don't forget Silva vs. Hendo and the Greco Roman wrestling.

There is no one fight that can just up and decide which form of martial arts is superior to another. What if Khabib clip-KOs Conor as he's setting up the takedown? Don't know what the hell to think now, do you?

When Connor loses it will teach everybody about humility

One fight will definitely not decide it. Anything can happen at a given night. Maybe if they fought like 10 times. Not to mention that either fighter isn't entirely one dimensional. Mma has evolved since its very beginnings :)

When Connor loses it will teach everybody about humility

But, khabib isn't humble at all. His last three fights consisted of him beating up his opponents and telling them why he deserves the title.

McGregorSnotMayweatherPunch.png

go to boxing forum and ask them how precise is McGregor.

Seriously, he hasn't achieved much at 155. He's just a midget crusher

Can you pop round my shop for a day, salts got expensive lately but you seem to have it in spades..

What do you think Mr.President.??
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Man youre an embarrasing poster.

Hasnt achieved much at 155.....jesus.

Don't forget Silva vs. Hendo and the Greco Roman wrestling.

There is no one fight that can just up and decide which form of martial arts is superior to another. What if Khabib clip-KOs Conor as he's setting up the takedown? Don't know what the hell to think now, do you?
Khabib KO Conor is like Conor Submitting Khabib they are both to crafty in there respected disciplines for me to see either happening.

But, khabib isn't humble at all. His last three fights consisted of him beating up his opponents and telling them why he deserves the title.
Compared to Conor he is. Many people mistake confidence for arrogance. People who are Conor fans wouldn’t understand it though.

Back