Conor vs. Khabib vs. Tony: The most intriguing trio of all time?

Jones, Gus DC
GSP, Hughes Penn
Fedor, Nog Crocop
Chuck, Tito Randy

The closest I can remember is Penn vs. Hughes vs. GSP, who may have been the most skilled trio atop a division, but they aren't nearly as intriguing as the odd balance of Conor, Khabib, and Tony.

Personality wise:
Conor is brash, charismatic, and brutal on the mic.
Khabib is devout, humble, reserved, but still charismatic in his own way.
Tony is an enigma. Wears sunglasses inside. Lashes out with bizarre outbursts during press conferences. Unpredictable, cringy, yet you can't look away.

Fighting style:
Conor is a master of the stand up like maybe we've never seen in MMA. Sharp, accurate, and powerful.
Khabib is a bear of a grappler. We've never seen anyone make other grapplers look so horrible.
Tony is again, unpredictable in his fighting style. He always seems to find a way to win. Against strikers, he upsets their timing. Against grapplers, he gets taken down, but works off his back aggressively, preventing any damage.

In a perfect world, we would see Conor vs. Khabib, Tony vs. Khabib, and Tony vs. Conor, and we might. Regardless, this is the most fascinating trio at the top of a division that I've ever seen.

100%. BJ had a negative record though at WW, and Hughes was overrated and never that good. You can pick 3 WWs now who are better. And don't listen to idiots saying Pride fighters were better than anything. It's not true!

Tony, Khabib and Conor is definitely the best trio there has ever been in my opinion, but it certainly can only be disputed by a few others. Cruz, Garbrandt, Dillashaw. Benavidez, Cejudo, Johnson. Aldo, McGregor, Mendes. Aldo, Ortega, Holloway.

Khabib and Tony is a tossup
Conor beats no one
Well, I prefer your scenario as a fan. But I was certain Conor would lose to Aldo. Then when he won, I chalked it up to a lucky punch. Then I'm like, no way he beats my boy Eddie, no way. Then he won, and I'm like "Ok, maybe....maybe he's got a strong punch. I dunno, that coulda' been lucky too". Then when he fights Nate, going in I'm thinking "well Nate doesn't get knocked out, his chin's too strong, and his cardio is sick, and he's light-years ahead of Conor on the ground. I don't see a way for Conor to win". And in this case I was right. But what stood out to me was Conor did put Nate on his ass a couple times with good shots to the dome. They were flash KO's, and Nate's recovery was/is amazing. But most guys can't do that. The ONLY other guy in the division who has a chin like Nate is Tony. -Why, I think Tony beats Conor.

Then on the flip, I look at Khabib, a world beater on the ground and a wrestling tenacity unmatched by anyone really....Just ask Cain, or Cormier, his training partners. Absolute beast. But, then I watch that MJ vs Khabib fight, and you can see early-on MJ was touchin' Beeb tf up(before getting his ass-kicked), and I had to think to myself "if that were Conor, Beeb would be asleep right now". Or the AI fight, where he was confident enough in his stand-up to give the fans a show. Not by any stretch saying he's got Rhonda-hands. But damned if I didn't see a LOT of openings that I think a guy like Conor would exploit.

Holloway, Aldo, Edgar was another one. Now we have Holloway, Aldo, Ortega.

Also; Jones, DC, Rumble.

There is one that was close too. DC, rumble and jonny bones.

Fucken penis enlargement dependency. Jon has had some tough luck.

In an alternate world, we'd have Gus, Jones, DC, and Rumble duking it out atop LHW. What a shame.

Uh what about GSP?

GSP was particularly impressive because he wasn't a decorated grappler before entering MMA. He didn't completely dominate wrestlers on the ground. He got some nice takedowns against good wrestlers, but he mostly used his takedowns to score points at the end of rounds while using his jab to control things during rounds. Khabib completely mauls decorated wrestlers.

GSP was particularly impressive because he wasn't a decorated grappler before entering MMA. He didn't completely dominate wrestlers on the ground. He got some nice takedowns against good wrestlers, but he mostly used his takedowns to score points at the end of rounds while using his jab to control things during rounds. Khabib completely mauls decorated wrestlers.

I LOVE Khabib but which decorated wrestlers has be mauled? Certainly none that are on the level of Koscheck or even Jon Fitch.

Jon has had some tough luck.

Congrats! You win the biggest IDIOT on the internet award!

Was it tough luck when he hit and ran the pregnant woman?

Was it tough luck when he hid under the cage at his training facility rather then be drug tested?

Was it tough luck that he had his manager fill out the FIGHTER required paperwork about banned substances and he never even looked at it?

Congrats! You win the biggest IDIOT on the internet award!

Was it tough luck when he hit and ran the pregnant woman?

Was it tough luck when he hid under the cage at his training facility rather then be drug tested?

Was it tough luck that he had his manager fill out the FIGHTER required paperwork about banned substances and he never even looked at it?

You got mad, look at you Lol at you.

The closest I can remember is Penn vs. Hughes vs. GSP, who may have been the most skilled trio atop a division, but they aren't nearly as intriguing as the odd balance of Conor, Khabib, and Tony.

Personality wise:
Conor is brash, charismatic, and brutal on the mic.
Khabib is devout, humble, reserved, but still charismatic in his own way.
Tony is an enigma. Wears sunglasses inside. Lashes out with bizarre outbursts during press conferences. Unpredictable, cringy, yet you can't look away.

Fighting style:
Conor is a master of the stand up like maybe we've never seen in MMA. Sharp, accurate, and powerful.
Khabib is a bear of a grappler. We've never seen anyone make other grapplers look so horrible.
Tony is again, unpredictable in his fighting style. He always seems to find a way to win. Against strikers, he upsets their timing. Against grapplers, he gets taken down, but works off his back aggressively, preventing any damage.

In a perfect world, we would see Conor vs. Khabib, Tony vs. Khabib, and Tony vs. Conor, and we might. Regardless, this is the most fascinating trio at the top of a division that I've ever seen.

Cody, TJ & Cruz.

Back