Conor vs Khabib reminds me of Couture/Chuck in a way

BigNick100

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In the fact that it's two of the most popular fighters fighting at the time. Chuck and Conor have that rock star popular vibe to them. Both fights are about Chuck/Conor wanting to land that big bomb while the other (Couture/Khabib) wants to take it to the ground.

Chuck's eye gouge won him the second fight against Randy.

Chuck was lowkey one of the worst eye pokers in MMA history; his ferocious combo in the first fight against Tito came seconds after he shoved his fingers into Tito's eye.

I hope Tito knocks him stiff in their tetralogy.

2 grapplers vs 2 cocaine enthusiasts.

<Goldie11>

In the fact that it's two of the most popular fighters fighting at the time. Chuck and Conor have that rock star popular vibe to them. Both fights are about Chuck/Conor wanting to land that big bomb while the other (Couture/Khabib) wants to take it to the ground.
I like the thought, but must point out some obvious differences.
Chuck/ Conor
- Chuck had NCAA level wrestling going into fighting!
- Conor has better technical boxing and footwork along with muck better kicks than Chuck.

Khabib/ Randy (Great comparison)
- Khabib young
- Randy ageless?

Chuck's facial hair > Conor's, but Conor's tats are way better, and that's what really matters when it comes to performing in the Octagon.

It's Cain VS JDS.

And it will likely go exactly as any of those 3 fights.

Pretty weak comparison IMO. Insert other generic striker vs grappler example

Chuck's eye gouge won him the second fight against Randy.

Chuck was lowkey one of the worst eye pokers in MMA history; his ferocious combo in the first fight against Tito came seconds after he shoved his fingers into Tito's eye.

I hope Tito knocks him stiff in their tetralogy.

The eye gouge was vicious. And definitely fight changing

makes sense I think. So, maybe in the first fight of the trilogy, we will see Khabib outstrike Chuck (err I mean Conor), ending with some takedowns and GNP. And then Khabib will get starched in the next two fights. One fight will be controversial due to an eyepoke before the KO.

This is the first Conor/Khabib parallel thread that I've agreed with.

Back