Conor vs Floyd under K1 and Kickboxings potential.

near to no drama compared to other combat sports,sometimes there is people trying to sell fights but it is pretty much never over the "i am going to knock this guy out" lines

It must get pretty boring then.

It must get pretty boring then.

no.

the mentality of the people watching are different than the MMA public, who seems to be way more younger- less mature so they get easily more infuenced by this simple marketing strategy of the fight game

people want to see high quality fighters facing each other and making an amazing fights ,and not a school fight cringeworthy drama

of course the majority of the people of any combat sport like trash talk,but not every sport is in need of an WWE set up to get interested in a fight

at the end of the day a lot of kickboxing fans just want to see this

not even talking about muay thai(the real one),trashtalking is almost inexistent and there is always tons of badass fights and the elite of the sport facing each other all over the place

no.

the mentality of the people watching are different than the MMA public, who seems to be way more younger- less mature so they get easily more infuenced by this simple marketing strategy of the fight game

people want to see high quality fighters facing each other and making an amazing fights ,and not a school fight cringeworthy drama

of course the majority of the people of any combat sport like trash talk,but not every sport is in need of an WWE set up to get interested in a fight

at the end of the day a lot of kickboxing fans just want to see this

not even talking about muay thai(the real one),trashtalking is almost inexistent and there is always tons of badass fights and the elite of the sport facing each other all over the place

I hadn't seen this fight before. Jomthong looked good in the 1st round but in the second round you could tell he was either tired or hurt. Marat was simply bigger, stronger, younger and in a better shape. Did Jomthong retire after this fight?

I hadn't seen this fight before. Jomthong looked good in the 1st round but in the second round you could tell he was either tired or hurt. Marat was simply bigger, stronger, younger and in a better shape. Did Jomthong retire after this fight?
Jom was never the same after the Uchiyama brutal loss

also the death of his father and lack of interest-training and he still beating some top 10 of the division

at this point Marat was a pretty bad fight for him,way bigger,powerful as a bull,too much pressure against a guy who isnt taking things too serious to put him on his distance anymore

i wouldnt say retire,he still can outclass a lot of people and win some money

The narrative was he'd be retired once the tournament was done for him. How real that is idk. Kickboxing retirements are never to be trusted. Had some issues with his legs I think. Probably another Thai crossfit victim!!!11

This thread is a turd with wings. No way is Floyd ever going to train kickboxing. No way. No how. No where.

Its cuz nobody cares about kickboxing, why would conor go there? I like kickboxing don't get me wrong but it's not popular at all in america.

stupidiest thread in this section ever

So you come back to this thread after bumping into me in the ufc section and after going out of your way you misspell stupidest?

Lol everyone in this section thinks you're a retard

If Conor and Floyd goes for a second fight,it would be one and only boxing,Floyd wouldnt fight MMA because there is no money to offer him and his sport is boxing,his made his name by being undefeated in it

Floyd is the A side on negotiation and conor is like the C side,it is floyd who show the options and not the UFC or Conor.

There is no way to promote kickboxing on US to create something big like you think for these points:

1) There is no good level kickboxing in USA.

2)No good kickboxing Athletes in USA,No way to compete against the kickboxing good level worldwide.

3)People from any country(especially USA) gets interested in a sport when there are good national representants,otherwise it cant generate interest for the giant casual public and market viability.

4)The way Boxing and MMA are promoted in US and haves success with it is because the country is a big potence in both sports and also the "WWE" way to promote fights with a lot of trash talking and narcissistic exhibitionism are a thing in there,Kickboxing fighters are not used to this "system" and a lot of them are not even 100 % fluent in english.

5) They couldnt Generate a big country attention when you have highy ranked athletes from all Europe,Asia,Some parts of africa and pretty much no americans-British guys.

6) It isnt economically safe to some org invest tons of money in it,the risk of it getting below of the expectations are obviously 100%, so it is a big waste of money.

7)They would have to try to develop "personality" of a lot highly ranked athletes from different cultures and it wouldnt work as expected, Boxing and especially MMA is not just about a fighting sports in US,is a lot about the "drama" and "what is going to happen when these to who hate each other fight in the ring"-.

8) Can you imagine this:

"I am going to tear his head off"
View attachment 294627

"I own Kickboxing"

IMG_4272.jpg

"We’re not just here to take part , we’re here to take over."

CymdF-YXUAIEJQ9.jpg

"I will kill this guy tomorrow"

Mladen-Brestovac-1.png

"I'll fight them all. Men, women, children, retared people it doesn't matter, if you hit me we're gonna fight"

allazov.jpg

"you are bum "

thumb_13377_fighter_main_pic_default.png
Those need to be made into memes. Omg

I was thinking about this the other day after the speculation going around about a rematch between floyd and conor which under boxing makes no sense. I dont see how they will make good money off a boxing rematch. Under boxing its unfair for conor and under mma its unfair for floyd yet no one brings up kickboxing. That's something that makes sense since they're both somewhat meeting in the middle.

Floyd could bring in a couple southpaws like Sittichai and Wei Rui as sparring partners. You could even throw them both on the under card sittichai vs Max Holloway and Wei Rui vs Cody Garbrandt. Now you have the attention of the Chinese and the Thai's.

But there seems to be a common theme in the US. Its either mma or boxing and no middle ground yet the majority of complaints MMA gets is the ground game and the majority of complaints boxing gets is it being limited. That makes a sport like kickboxing seem perfect so it confuses me why it doesn't get promoted more in the states.

I always come across people in real life and even on this subforum asking why kickboxing isn't popular? That goes to show the sport has huge potential but needs the right push. The Chinese, Japanese and European market kickboxing already has added on to an American market could do some damage.

Look at all these countries and good fighters who can fight at the same weight:

Thailand: Sittichai Sitsongpeenong
Italy: Giorgio Petrosyan
France: Dylan Salvador
Germany: Enriko Kehl
Russia: Khayal Dzhaniev
Holland: Robin Van Roosmalen
China: Qiu Jianliang
Japan: Yasuhiro Kido
Belarus: Chingiz Allazov
Morocco: Mohamed Mezouari
Belgium: Marat Grigorian
Spain: Nayanesh Ayman
UK: Jordan Watson

National pride sells and a promotion like the UFC (for example) could have most of these guys fight in a 70kg kb tournament in a cage with mma gloves. Maybe you could even throw in Ireland represented by Conor McGregor since he's known for his "great striking", bring in an American UFC fighter with good striking and even Jose Aldo could represent Brazil. That shit would make tons of money but instead I'm hearing how UFC want to start promoting boxing as if they forgot about the middle ground.

Because Floyd is the A side. You get on Floyd's level. He doesn't descend to yours...

PicsArt_08-27-02.03.53.jpg

Realise your "idea" was terrible. Learn from your mistake. Move on from your error a better person.

You are very very welcome.

It's not a bad idea exactly, floyd can promote a fight and conor can promote a fight too, if floyd went into kickboxing, he would mostly throw punches but if he took it seriously he could probably develop good kicking power in a 6 month-1 year span, conor knows how to promote a fight like wwe, and conor is the one who got fucking dumbass wwe fans to watch mma. Its just that conor would do it if their was some real money in it (which i don't see why he couldn't promote the fight to make real money) but floyd probably does not want to do it, simply because he is 40 years old, and has not kicked a bag in his life, he doesn't want to start learning how to kick, but if conor and floyd met in a kickboxing ring it would make kickboxing more popular but it would most likely be in glory kickboxing.

It's not a bad idea exactly, floyd can promote a fight and conor can promote a fight too, if floyd went into kickboxing, he would mostly throw punches but if he took it seriously he could probably develop good kicking power in a 6 month-1 year span, conor knows how to promote a fight like wwe, and conor is the one who got fucking dumbass wwe fans to watch mma. Its just that conor would do it if their was some real money in it (which i don't see why he couldn't promote the fight to make real money) but floyd probably does not want to do it, simply because he is 40 years old, and has not kicked a bag in his life, he doesn't want to start learning how to kick, but if conor and floyd met in a kickboxing ring it would make kickboxing more popular but it would most likely be in glory kickboxing.

Par

a

Graphs

Back