Conor vs Floyd under K1 and Kickboxings potential.

any NYE show should add these two 4 man Tournaments:

Catchweight 4 man tournament:

Yi long vs Mohan Dragon

Yuichiro nagashima vs Shane Oblovsky

HW 8 man tournament

Maurice Jackson vs Bob Sapp

Catalin Morosanu vs Steven Banks

Asihati vs Alexandru Lungu

Yong soo Park vs Demoreo Dannis

i would watch.

I mean I don't get the purpose of this thread, kickboxing orgs can't even get top fighters to fight each other at the moment. What chance are they gonna have of pulling off any fight of that magnitude?
A big promotion offering better money could.

This thread is dumb.

For w.e reason americans draw on

- Good guy vs bad guy

- Drama

- Attraction

- Well spoken in english

WWE type shet.

Most high level muay thai fighters and kickboxers aren't any of those.

Or when they're faced with a dumb white belt thread. C'mon man, you've been here too long to be making threads like this...
No amount of time is gonna stop me from putting out random ideas. Even if they are unrealistic. Its like fantasy football.

Nah at this point Sapp crumbles after one shot. McGregor wins via first side kick thrown to the body.

What about Hong Man Choi? Maybe Giant Silva can come out of retirement.

Look what you've done @Julius_Caesar I hope you're happy.
Not sure what having all the top 70kg fighters face each other in a tournament has to do with Bob Sapp vs McGregor or Hong Man Choi. You guys brought this on yourselves.

This thread is dumb.

For w.e reason americans draw on

- Good guy vs bad guy
What good vs bad guy?

- Well spoken in english
Thanks

Most high level muay thai fighters and kickboxers aren't any of those.
Firstly there's a difference between muaythai and kickboxing so dont put them in the same sentence and secondly you're wrong. Many of those fighters on that list are high level. 5 of which are on most peoples p4p kickboxing list. Do you actually follow kickboxing or are you assuming just because this thread is weird I know nothing about the sport?

What good vs bad guy?

Thanks

Firstly there's a difference between muaythai and kickboxing so dont put them in the same sentence and secondly you're wrong. Many of those fighters on that list are high level. 5 of which are on most peoples p4p kickboxing list. Do you actually follow kickboxing or are you assuming just because this thread is weird I know nothing about the sport?

Do you even read?? Most high level kickboxers and muay thai fighters dont speak english, dont care about persona, selling a fight ect. Thats why its hard to promote them in states you moron.

Why would you even put conor, mayweather and kickboxing in the same sentence??

Mayweather wouldnt even take that fight. Hes a boxer, different sport.

Dude this thread is stupid

Do you even read?? Most high level kickboxers and muay thai fighters dont speak english, dont care about persona, selling a fight ect. Thats why its hard to promote them in states you moron. Dude this thread is stupid
Oh my bad. Thought you were saying those fighters were no good. Language and persona aren't always needed to sell a fight if the fighters are good. Pacquiao, Anderson Silva, GGG, Canelo and Fedor to name a few examples. Not every fighter needs to act a clown like Conor McGregor. Many fighters can sell a fight based off what they do inside the ring/cage not outside. And no need for name calling. Its not that serious and makes you seem weak.

Oh my bad. Thought you were saying those fighters were no good. Language and persona aren't always needed to sell a fight if the fighters are good. Pacquiao, Anderson Silva, GGG, Canelo and Fedor to name a few examples. Not every fighter needs to act a clown like Conor McGregor. Many fighters can sell a fight based off what they do inside the ring/cage not outside. And no need for name calling. Its not that serious and makes you seem weak.

stop being stupid please, the only time most americans tune into their fights is when they are paired up with another persona.

Not sure what having all the top 70kg fighters face each other in a tournament has to do with Bob Sapp vs McGregor or Hong Man Choi. You guys brought this on yourselves.
Cut the crap. You created a fantasy thread about McGregor vs Mayweather in Kickboxing. You started the absurdity.

Last edited:
the only time most americans tune into their fights is when they are paired up with another persona.
Canelo vs GGG?
All of the Pacquiao vs Marquez fights?
Oscar vs Felix Trinidad?
Pacquiao vs Cotto?
Pacquiao vs Oscar?
Pacquiao vs Margarito?

Cut the crap. You created a fantasy thread about McGregor vs Mayweather in Kickboxing. You started the absurdity.
Come on snub what did we say about those big words on this subforum. Not fair to some of the other guys.

for real though, stop making threads.
Canelo vs GGG?
Oscar vs Felix Trinidad?
Pacquiao vs Cotto?
Pacquiao vs Oscar?
Pacquiao vs Margarito?

Boxing is long established.

This thread is so stupid it hurts.

Yeah but we have this beautiful thing called social media and with the right push can bring attention to almost anything.

push what? Of course million would tune in for a kickboxing fight between floyd and mcgregor. but in no way in hell are they fighting under that ruleset and in no way it would help other kickboxing organisations.

Look at all these countries and good fighters who can fight at the same weight:

Thailand: Sittichai Sitsongpeenong
Italy: Giorgio Petrosyan
France: Dylan Salvador
Germany: Enriko Kehl
Russia: Khayal Dzhaniev
Holland: Robin Van Roosmalen
China: Qiu Jianliang
Japan: Yasuhiro Kido
Belarus: Chingiz Allazov
Morocco: Mohamed Mezouari
Belgium: Marat Grigorian
Spain: Nayanesh Ayman
UK: Jordan Watson

National pride sells and a promotion like the UFC (for example) could have most of these guys fight in a 70kg kb tournament in a cage with mma gloves.

let's look at this thing, which you can't even call an idea. why and how is going to promote that thing. that's just fantasy and not even a slighty realistic one.

UFC starting to think to promote boxing because it sells millions and is on eye level with mma. Rico vs. Jamal will sell like 10k PPV maximum.

Maybe you could even throw in Ireland represented by Conor McGregor since he's known for his "great striking", bring in an American UFC fighter with good striking and even Jose Aldo could represent Brazil. That shit would make tons of money but instead I'm hearing how UFC want to start promoting boxing as if they forgot about the middle ground.

Kickboxing is a dying sport in the US, why would the UFC put some of there greatest stars into that. you're so disillusioned about the sport, it's not even funny.

Last edited:
Kickboxing is a dying sport in the US, why would the UFC put some of there greatest stars into that. you're so disillusioned about the sport, it's not even funny.
A dying sport? Doesn't a sport have to be big in the first place for it to be considered a dying sport. I thought kb was one of those sports that's never been big in the US but has potential. Of course I know how unrealistic some of these ideas are but they were just examples. I still think KB could be big in the US if promoted well.

Canelo vs GGG?
Oscar vs Felix Trinidad?
Pacquiao vs Cotto?
Pacquiao vs Oscar?
Pacquiao vs Margarito?
Boxing is a 100 year old sport that's been established in this country which also has a HUGE Latino following so the language barrier isn't really there.

This isn't even comparable to Sittichai trying to go over with the American public. You are a certified idiot.

Back