Conor vs. Cerrone - how do you see it going?

I’d definitely like to think this fight happen. I think they’d put on an entertaining show, and I’d love to see Cowboy get a big payday after his crazy, bad ass career.

In a lot of ways, it makes sense. Both Conor and the UFC need to get him a win in his next fight to keep him as a relevant contender. Cowboy is a big name, but should be a more winnable fight than a Khabib rematch or Tony Ferguson. Still, even at this age, Cerrone is a tough opponent too, he’s shown that many a time, and a loss to him would be a really disaster (especially because a loss to cowboy usually involves a highlight finish).

Do you think this flight will actually happen?

Last edited:
I hope if they do fight that Cowboy's game plan is to wrestle and submit. He's got a huge advantage on the mat but I could see him standing with Conor and getting caught early. I'll take Cowboy

it is the 5138423154th thread about Conor vs Donald match.

Ho it's a good fight to happen Conor got fanz, Cowboy got his @Hardkore riders Conor needz a win Cowboy to show again don't bet against real vets....

I predict Conor will talk massive trash and insult Cowboy every day for weeks leading up to the fight.

It should happen. It's an amazing fight that can't be boring. Off that win Cowboy has a shot to get it. Conor went on record saying he will fight him. UFC should move fast to get it done IMO. For the Spring. March or April. Winner gets next title shot.

And Conor wins by TKO or KO in round 1 or 2.

Problem is, Cowboy is a slow starter....he WILL get hit similar to wat Hernandez did....

I’m leaning towards cowboys chin standing up then cowboy being able to dominate

I think this fight go either way. Cerrone has had the most trouble with southpaw opponents who had really good boxing, so Connor definitely has the potential to knock him out, or seriously outpoint him on the feet.

On the other hand, Connor's weaknesses seem to be takedown and submission defense, which plays into Cowboy's strengths. So it's also quite plausible that cowboy can take down and submit Connor.

That's what makes this such a great fight. Both guys would have really decent chance to win.

I always think cowboy is going to lose and he usually proves me wrong. Kinda the opposite with rampage

As long as Conor stops drinking and actually trains hard he will blow thru Cowboy.

Smart fight to make happen.

It will be all stand up giving McGregor the best chance to win without being subbed again.

50/50 at this point.

McGregor or Cowboy can tko each other and it basically depends who lands first.

Because you ignored the context of those fights in a vain attempt to use MMA math.
When did I use MMA math?

I said Cerrone's striking defense and chin weren't great - and those were highlighted in his fights against strikers like Pettis, Masvidal, Till, and Diaz. That was my point. I'm not saying 'because he lost to Diaz, and Conor won against Diaz, Conor would win against Cerrone!'. That's MMA math.

'He wasn't mentally sound' sounds like a desperate excuse. Maybe, just maybe, he just lost to a superior striker...? You think if Cerrone couldn't handle Diaz's trash talk, that Conor wouldn't be able to also have a mental edge against Cowboy? Lol, come on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back