Conor Upset White Claimed Masvidal Too Big for Him

Is Masvidal too big for Conor?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana White has been pretty clear he’s against a matchup between Conor McGregor and Jorge Masvidal.

The UFC boss feels “Gamebred” is simply too big for the Irishman. However, those very comments could be what makes the fight happen. Speaking at the UFC 240 post-fight press conference last night (Sat. July 27, 2019), White revealed the backlash he got from McGregor regarding his comments:

“Yeah, Masvidal is too big for him, man. I think Masvidal is too big; Conor disagrees. Conor was not happy that I said Masvidal was too big for him,” White said.

White was then asked exactly what McGregor texted him in regards to the UFC boss saying Masvidal is too big for him:

“That pisses me off that you say he’s too big for me."

I’m telling you guys--I’ve said it a million times--and I’ll say it again, this guy will fight anybody,” White said. “And I don’t care if he’s pissed off about it or not, I think Masvidal is too big for Conor. So, if we ever get to that point, I’m sure it’s something that Conor and I will fight about.”

-LowKickMMA

Why, he wouldn't have taken the fight anyway.

Dana protecting his prized asset. Is normal..

Yes. He is. They are almost the same height, weight and reach. That is too big for Conor who thrives when these numbers are in his favour.

Yeah, Masvidal, that world beater who was defeated by Al Iaquinta.

It's worse when a woman points out someones bigger than you tbh!

chael was right

he said that dana intentionally said this because he knew it would get under conor's skin

Conor's beaten much larger guys than Mas, even before he was in the UFC. Mas would be a tough opponent, no doubt, but size would not be the biggest issue.

If Conor shows up motivated, healthy sober and in shape, he can compete with about anyone in the LW-WWish range. Could be a big 'if' tho, as he has a lot of money and a lot on his plate judging by the outside cage shenanigans he's involved in.

Dana White has been pretty clear he’s against a matchup between Conor McGregor and Jorge Masvidal.

The UFC boss feels “Gamebred” is simply too big for the Irishman. However, those very comments could be what makes the fight happen. Speaking at the UFC 240 post-fight press conference last night (Sat. July 27, 2019), White revealed the backlash he got from McGregor regarding his comments:

“Yeah, Masvidal is too big for him, man. I think Masvidal is too big; Conor disagrees. Conor was not happy that I said Masvidal was too big for him,” White said.

White was then asked exactly what McGregor texted him in regards to the UFC boss saying Masvidal is too big for him:

“That pisses me off that you say he’s too big for me."

I’m telling you guys--I’ve said it a million times--and I’ll say it again, this guy will fight anybody,” White said. “And I don’t care if he’s pissed off about it or not, I think Masvidal is too big for Conor. So, if we ever get to that point, I’m sure it’s something that Conor and I will fight about.”

-LowKickMMA
IMO this is Dana reverse-psychology goading Conor to fight Masvidal....

Last edited:
And he wears a bigger cup too Conor...

Too big, too good, too active, too hungry, too much of a fighter where conor is now a Twitter influencer.

Cmon mane, u know dana said that to get conor back to fighting, he knew conor would get mad and try and prove hes not by accepting a fight with masvidal.

That's a good way to trigger McG's inferiority complex, but seriously Jorge is a bit taller but MCG would have the reach advantage. However Jorge is a much better boxer and he took Till who's a goddamn MW and took his punches and KO him out cold. Not to mention how he adapted to him.

At best, that's a TKO for Jorge or UD if the fight is at LW, but until an official announcement.

Back