Media Conor trained for khabib harder than he ever did for anyone!

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
If you think you can get a good estimate of how hard someone is training for a fight by looking at some Instagram posts, you have no business discussing anything related to fighting sports online or elsewhere.

And sorry, that is the very nice way of putting it.
It's hard to admit that we don't know whether a fighter is ever "the best version of themselves" but we don't.

People win and they lose. Khabib will one day lose.

Still a fan of both guys but by Odins eye there are salty fucktards from both camps

Conor used to BE Conor. Now he plays a role we call Conor, but he ain’t, well, Conor.
This is what happens when the man becomes The Brand. i must say, The Brand is winning at money. Or, is the Money beating him?

He didn't do that bad. If the rematch happened; it would be somewhat closer. I am one of the biggest Mcgregor bashers but he prepped as much as he could have for that fight in terms of basic gameplan. I don't think Mcgregor is as tough as guys like Edson or Al who had grapplers in their game to punish them in preparation for this fight.

Nah, that was the worst version of "prime Conor" we have seen, besides the Mendes - fight. 2 year layoff, had just got 100m in his last fight, all the partying, etc.
Ah yes, didn't have to scroll too far for the excuses to begin.

73592F41-0AD9-42EC-91D4-9B5C449B7B44.jpeg Conor is an idiot for trying any offensive grappling against khabib. I knew he was screwed when khabib shot the first time and he stepped in to try and grapple instead of sprawl back and stay away. In high level wrestling it almost never the first move that will get the takedown. You have to string moves together and eventually get your opponent into a bad position. When Al started turning away and kicking out of the single leg, rather than trying to offensively wrestle with khabib, it worked. Conor still would probably lose bc he is so far behind in grappling but atleast he would have had a chance. He spent all this time working on BJJ, it worked against him imo.

Last edited:
I don’t think so. Conor came into that fight off a two year layoff. He was tense and scared, it showed during he walkout. He looked like he was trying to make people believe he was confident instead of exuding confidence like his previous self
khabib beat the brakes off barboza after a year out and back surgery.

Conor was almost as flat footed as he was when he fought Mendes while injured. Big Khabib fan but Conor didnt fight like he should fight or usually fights. Khabib probably still mauls him but the chance of Conor sparking him in the first exchange isn't as diminished.

Khabib vs McGregor 2 would intrigue me and excite me. So what fuckin sue me
conor was taken down 15 seconds into round one. you didnt see conor fresh vs khabib u saw him standing after gassing out from the grappling. LOL.

That is not what Conors coach said, John Kavanagh, who has always been a pretty standup honest guy judging by his books and the fact that he rarely runs his mouth in the media.. His coach said that they struggled to push and get Conor to do some of the drills that he usually pushed harder at, a little lack of motivation.

Just sharing what he said, maybe he is biased, maybe he isn't.. you can believe what you want ofcourse.
u want his coach to tell you khabib beat the best version of conor ? LOL.

If you think you can get a good estimate of how hard someone is training for a fight by looking at some Instagram posts, you have no business discussing anything related to fighting sports online or elsewhere.

And sorry, that is the very nice way of putting it.
bro give me a break what is the estimate? his word? his coaches word? they both said it was a spartan training camp before the fight and it was full excuses afterwards.
youre a member since 2002. you try to act smart but you come off too dumb. you dont think it through.

You’re basing this on a few Instagram photos and media clips?
what should i base it on? his word? he was supposedly ready then he wasnt. yeah ill trust videos and pics more than the word of lying rats.

Conor used to BE Conor. Now he plays a role we call Conor, but he ain’t, well, Conor.
This is what happens when the man becomes The Brand. i must say, The Brand is winning at money. Or, is the Money beating him?
false. prime conor got smashed by wrestler chad mendes on 3 days notice. conor is still the same fighter hes simply facing bad match ups. he lost to floyd and to khabib. he would lose to both guys everyday of the week.

spoiled brat wannabe adyghe. go play somewhere else before your feelings gets touched.
tenor (12).gif
Edit: Btw i have royal blood and i belong to Dahunko family as a hatukai so you cant question me you retardo.

Conor is an idiot for trying any offensive grappling against khabib. I knew he was fucked when khabib shot the first time and he stepped in to try and grapple instead of sprawl back and stay away. In high level wrestling it almost never the first move that will get the takedown. You have to string moves together and eventually get your opponent into a bad position. When Al started turning away and kicking out of the single leg, rather than trying to offensively wrestle with khabib, it worked. Conor still would probably lose bc he is so far behind in grappling but atleast he would have had a chance. He spent all this time working on BJJ, it worked against him imo.
all khabib wants is to tie a leg and it opens the door for everything. conor tried to knee him. but khabib was shooting always with head on the outside right of mcgregor to avoid left uppercuts and knees. basically he was shooting in a calculated manner to avoid any strikes from conor left leg or hand. everything was calculated.

So the two times he's looked bad in MMA are the two times he's fought offensive wrestlers. Wonder if that's a coincidence.

Yes, it is a coincidence that the opponent were wrestlers. He looked like a death in the Mendes fight, physically ill, like he had not recovered from his weight cut.

He trained hard as hell but he wasnt the Double champ McG from 2015-2016. He stayed away from the game for too long, got rich as hell, became a family man with kids to take care of and didnt seem that hungry anymore. Would a “motivated”, young Conor beaten Khabib? NO. The wresslin and conditioning gap is too much, the result would have been the same but at least he would have made it a little more competitive. The big thing with fighting Khabib is the takedown threat. Conor will always look flat footed and stiff cause he is always wondering when will he get put on his back. Thats why a guy with rudimentary striking like Khabib went toe to toe with a fine striker like Conor and got the better of it.

Last edited:
Back