Conor: Third "Trilogy" fight with Diaz will "100%, Most Certainly" happen.

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
28:33.

Will he ever move down? Will he have to be forced?

I think they should fight once a month

I see it as a way to put pressure on Nate. If he loses he has the chance to earn few millions more on a rubber match.
Wink, wink...

Doesn't make sense to lose a 3rd time to the same guy. He should defend his title. Against Hendo.

"It wasn't fair, I was too light coming into this fight, he had a full training camp, I over trained that I didn't even do media appearances...I was at a big disadvantage!"

Last edited:
I see it as a way to put pressure on Nate. If he loses he has the chance to earn few millions more on a rubber match.
Wink, wink...
That legitimately worries me. I feel like Nate has made it clear he cares primarily about money. So why wouldn't you throw this fight?

I doubt it will if Nate beats him again.

But if McG wins this one, I could see a trilogy being huge.

I have it as the opposite. If Nate beats him again they'll keep fighting until Conor wins

Unless someone drugs Diaz's "wottle of botter" there won't be a 3rd fight. I doubt the UFC wants their cash cow to lose to the same guy three times.

Nah, you don't get a third try after going 0-2.

It's just the way it is. And as soon as people see that the Conor phenomenon was more hype than substance, people will stop caring, and the UFC can focus it's attention on hyping title fights.

28:33.

Will he ever move down? Will he have to be forced?

I doubt he will be "forced" to move down and defend his belt. It's pretty clear at this point that he can do whatever he wants. But they CAN strip him of the title. And they'll eventually be forced to do that. He can only prance around with a title he will never defend and hold up one of the premier divisions for so long.

If I were running the UFC I would be a complete totalitarian dictator. A rendition of Aldolf Hitler. That motherfucker WOULD NOT be fighting Nate Diaz right now. After getting tapped he would absolutely have to defend his title or be put on freeze until he decided to sign the contract. He loves money so much, he'd eventually bow down and kiss the ring.

after diaz gets ko'd stiff he can get his trilogy a few years down the road.

ufc bless

Third fight is not going to happen if he does not win. 2-0 he can't have a third fight then it be stupid. Conor will retire if hes loses to Diaz or he fight at 145 or 155.

So with this rationale, we can all agree if Conor "wins" it's because Nate let him so he can get another big paycheck for the rubbermatch winky wink ;)

If Conor loses again, there will be no trilogy.

3rd fight ends in draw, immediate rematch announced. Nate and Conor only fight each other until retirement.

Conor won't live past the second fight

jose-aldo-ufc-189-brazil-tour-middle-finger1.jpg

Nate would be fool not to throw this fight.

The third would make as much money as the first 2 combined, plus he can win at will, so the trilogy is his either way.

Back