Conor Still Wants $100,000,000 for Mayweather Fight

How much money should Conor get paid to fight Money?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS — Just when you thought the Floyd Mayweather talk died, it rose up Friday night.

At a gym day to promote UFC 202, Conor McGregor was asked about that potential boxing match with Mayweather that was bandied about a couple of months ago before the rematch with Nate Diaz was booked. McGregor said he'd be willing to box Mayweather, the undefeated legendary boxer — provided Mayweather and company pony up $100 million.

"Yeah, of course," McGregor said. "Right now I have Floyd running around the Showtime offices gathering my money. That's what he's doing. He's running around the Showtime offices, begging for those executives to come up with $100 million cash for me to fight me. So as soon as he gets my money, we can fight."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...oyd-mayweather-is-running-around-the-showtime

Mayweather-laughing.jpg

For some reason I don't think it has as much pop as it used too. Said 100k, not bad for McGregor considering he'd be in the presence of a real don.

Making demands he knows nobody will ever meet for an inevitable asswhooping he'd take by Mayweather. This is basically his way of saying he doesn't want his ass whooped.

I need a blow job from Christy Turlington.

Making demands he knows nobody will ever meet for an inevitable asswhooping he'd take by Mayweather. This is basically his way of saying he doesn't want his ass whooped.

Came in here to post something like this. He put the high price tag as a means to in-directly avoid this fight.

Basically saying he'll gladly lose for 100,000,000.

Nobody deserves 100 million, I don't care who you are. For anybody to be paid that much money just to fight is seriously ridiculous and fucking disgusting towards all the other fighters out there, in my opinion.

Some of you may disagree and it wouldn't surprise me if some do, but 100 million is too much to pay any fighter out there, no matter how popular they are. I'd be disgusted if I ever saw any fighter or athlete in general paid that much one fight or game depending on what sport we're talking about.

I've always been and always will be a huge Conor fan, win/lose, he's one of my favourite fighters ever, and I want see him make millions - but 100 million for one fight is too much, it's a disgusting amount of money to be paid for one damn fight.

Maybe he's only asking for that much because he knows Floyd will embarrass him very easily, though. May as well ask for as much money as possible since your opponent is going to make you look hilariously bad in front of the world, probably crush his reputation 'cause fans are dumb, too, so in a way I can't blame him for making such a demand.

This must mean Floyds getting 1 billion.

Nobody deserves 100 million, I don't care who you are. For anybody to be paid that much money just to fight is seriously ridiculous and fucking disgusting towards all the other fighters out there, in my opinion.

Some of you may disagree and it wouldn't surprise me if some do, but 100 million is too much to pay any fighter out there, no matter how popular they are. I'd be disgusted if I ever saw any fighter or athlete in general paid that much one fight or game depending on what sport we're talking about.

I've always been and always will be a huge Conor fan, win/lose, he's one of my favourite fighters ever, and I want see him make millions - but 100 million for one fight is too much, it's a disgusting amount of money to be paid for one damn fight.

Maybe he's only asking for that much because he knows Floyd will embarrass him very easily, though. May as well ask for as much money as possible since your opponent is going to make you look hilariously bad in front of the world, probably crush his reputation 'cause fans are dumb, too, so in a way I can't blame him for making such a demand.
Floyd and Pacquiao made like $600 million in revenue..... where should the money go, to the Clinton Foundation?

Last edited:
If Conor won this fight by KO, the moment Floyd's head clattered off the canvas a blackhole would be created and would swallow all logic and truth in the galaxy. The sperm volcano erupting from Ireland could be seen from space just before everthing goes black.

Floyd and Pacquiao made like $600 million in revenue..... where should the money go to the Clinton Foundation?
Conor is not Manny Pacquiao. Under no circumstances is anybody going to buy a $100 PPV for a horrible mismatch.

Conor is not Manny Pacquiao. Under no circumstances is anybody going to buy a $100 PPV for a horrible mismatch.
Agreed, I was referring to the nobody statement. Unless you calling Conor a nobody. Why can't Conor get a % of the revenue? If that comes out over $100 mill, so be it.

I like the way Dave looks at Conor like "Aw he's so cute when he tries to be a big boy." Conor looks like my three year old daughter telling me who the boss is right before I carry her to time out.

I lack the knowledge that would be required to put up a realistic number and I don't think Conor is serious, but in my uneducated opinion at least 50 million just to show. He has a name, and he would basically be going into a handicapped 'fight' that he has very, very, very, very, very little chance of winning. May as well ask for big money - most of his weapons would be confiscated from him. It's not a fair fight.

Came in here to post something like this. He put the high price tag as a means to in-directly avoid this fight.

Basically saying he'll gladly lose for 100,000,000.

Or he knows it can't happen anyway because, unlike half of this forum, he understands what a contract is and that he isn't a professional boxer.

Back