Media Conor standing among A level athletes

1st I am from Europe

2nd I agree Eastern Europeans n balkanians are tough. I give you that.

3rd nobody said a trained fighter couldn’t beat a regular joe of similar size. We were talking about Conor vs huge nhl player. Just cause Conor is trained fighter doesn’t mean he Bruce Lee’s 6’9, 250 nhl player with ease

So you played basketball at university level in a continent where hardly anyone actually plays basketball, and you’re shitting on my athletic achievements? <45>

Size will close a skill gap. It won’t eliminate a gaping chasm in ability. If you give the big guy some wrestling ability, some boxing training etc, then it starts to become more at least a bit competitive. Right now he’s just a big dude with no fighting experience going up against a word class fighter. Those situations result in the big guy going to sleep early.

Again, this question is never asked by someone who has spent time in a legit fight gym, because it’s been answered time and time again.

I’m going to have to take your story with a pinch of salt. It’s easy enough to look for a video of a bodybuilder vs a BJJ practitioner nowhere near Renzo’s level and see the outcome. It’s not a close run thing.

Do you know who also has heart and are generally much better conditioned towards fighting than NFL players? Fighters! <45>

So you admit Conor is a word class fighter but don’t want me to highlight that to you. Are there any other facts you would like me to avoid?

Conor would decimate the big guy. Hell, the big guy would probably even admit that himself.
Of course I admit it , it's just the problem how you're referencing it. Lol , do you know who lacks heart ( once hes in a vulnerable position on the ground ) ?

Yeah- him.

I dont want to burst your bubble but Conor McGregor isnt superhuman or some super hero. He bleeds red and puts on one pant leg at a time ( although some McGregor testicular vine jumpers swear that he levitates in the morning and glides into his jeans in one swift motion ).

Conor McGregor is a great/ elite stand up fighter in the cage at 155 pounds....and is a mmartist. I already know he can take a senior citizen in a bar ( via " the Gregor sucker punch special). I'd love to see the little guy pick a fight with a normal nice sized bouncer( who just knows how to handle himself , obviously ) and none of his " 40 goons" jumping in. I'd like to see

I started boxing while I was still playing rugby, football and judo actually. Real football is much more competitive that anything you’re used to in the USA - literally everybody plays it’s. And you’re correct to say I was never good enough to go professional. I developed fairly early and relied on strength, stamina and speed to make a reasonably good defensive midfielder, but the technical side of my game was always lacking.

I’m pretty sure I could’ve gone on to play rugby at a high level, but by that time I simply loved boxing much more. That’s the thing with fight sports - they ask so much more do you than throwing a ball around a pitch or court, but you realise quickly that you’re not ‘playing a game’ anymore, you’re doing something primal, and more importantly useful as a form of self defence.

I’m unsure what point you’re trying to make in all honesty, because your posts are incredibly difficult to make any sense of.

Fighters are the best fighters. The fact that they would lay out people from a background in ball sports doesn’t seem to sit well with you, but it’s a fact of life. It isn’t something to wet your panties over.

I’m just being realistic

you on the other hand seem bitter you couldn’t go to the highest level in ball sports

So to deal with it you pick up fighting as consolation prize, but act like it was your choice all along.

majority of mma fighters it’s the same thing

they weren’t good nuff in ball sports n picked up fighting instead.

Jon Jones couldn’t follow in his brothers footsteps n play professional football, he had to settle for fighting n now is the goat.

one of Nikola jokić bros wasn’t good nuff to play in nba n now wants to test his luck in mma as well

Fighting is not getting best athletes, but those that weren’t good nuff for other sports

So you played basketball at university level in a continent where hardly anyone actually plays basketball, and you’re shitting on my athletic achievements? <45>

Size will close a skill gap. It won’t eliminate a gaping chasm in ability. If you give the big guy some wrestling ability, some boxing training etc, then it starts to become more at least a bit competitive. Right now he’s just a big dude with no fighting experience going up against a word class fighter. Those situations result in the big guy going to sleep early.

Again, this question is never asked by someone who has spent time in a legit fight gym, because it’s been answered time and time again.

i grew up in North American (btw basketball is huge in Southern Europe)

Now the guy in question is not some nobody who occasionally goes to the gym.

it’s a pro hockey player with wrestling n boxing background who’s job on the ice is pretty much beating ppl up.

don’t see how posting video of a stiff bodybuilder getting subd or some lanky drunk homeless guy getting ko is relevant here?

Of course I admit it , it's just the problem how you're referencing it. Lol , do you know who lacks heart ( once hes in a vulnerable position on the ground ) ?

Yeah- him.

I dont want to burst your bubble but Conor McGregor isnt superhuman or some super hero. He bleeds red and puts on one pant leg at a time ( although some McGregor testicular vine jumpers swear that he levitates in the morning and glides into his jeans in one swift motion ).

Conor McGregor is a great/ elite stand up fighter in the cage at 155 pounds....and is a mmartist. I already know he can take a senior citizen in a bar ( via " the Gregor sucker punch special). I'd love to see the little guy pick a fight with a normal nice sized bouncer( who just knows how to handle himself , obviously ) and none of his " 40 goons" jumping in. I'd like to see

Mate, I’m the last person to be a Conor fanboy here, the guy is an utter cock and I enjoy seeing him beaten as much as anybody.

It isn’t going to happen from a non-fighter though. Not unless you’re looking at a legit strongman or something along those lines.

Also, on one hand you’re saying NFL players have ‘heart’ and on the other saying McGregor lacks ‘heart’ on the ground (presumably for tapping to Khabib).....the entire NFL roster would be tapped on the ground by Khabib! I mean you could literally line up dozens of them over the course of a single night.

I’ve seen first hand amateur boxers level bouncer with a single shot. The guy below punched the doorman once and it resulted in him being knocked unconscious, having have metal plates inserted into his face, and eating through a straw. Conor would absolutely level a bouncer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ncer-releases-video-tell-his-story-446442?amp

i grew up in North American

That explains everything. Seriously, it’s only yanks that come out with this retarded nonsense.

And lol at him having an background in wrestling’ <45>

Prove it. Tell me a bit about his background in combat sports. I’ll wait.

Why do you guys always feel the need to embarrass yourself like that in threads like these? I don't get it. When will you learn to understand that you are only telling everyone that you have no martial arts/combat sport background? Ask Chara himself and he will tell you he would have no chance against an elite LW in MMA.
That's probably true, but luckily for Chara Conor is only a 1-1 LW.

lmfao Conor looks so little next to those hockey players.

Mate, I’m the last person to be a Conor fanboy here, the guy is an utter cock and I enjoy seeing him beaten as much as anybody.

It isn’t going to happen from a non-fighter though. Not unless you’re looking at a legit strongman or something along those lines.

Also, on one hand you’re saying NFL players have ‘heart’ and on the other saying McGregor lacks ‘heart’ on the ground (presumably for tapping to Khabib).....the entire NFL roster would be tapped on the ground by Khabib! I mean you could literally line up dozens of them over the course of a single night.

I’ve seen first hand amateur boxers level bouncer with a single shot. The guy below punched the doorman once and it resulted in him being knocked unconscious, having have metal plates inserted into his face, and eating through a straw. Conor would absolutely level a bouncer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/boxing/video-i-dont-regret-it-local-professional-boxer-who-served-21-months-knocking-out-bouncer-releases-video-tell-his-story-446442?amp
Dude , bro ( I'm american)- I dont have a problem with the tapping. It's part of the game and some of the goats of this sport have tapped ...... .. but not in .00007 second COMBINED in 2 losses. That's my " heart " issue with Conor.

" win or learn" is one of the first things you see in K's gym....... unless you're Conor McGregor. You're a " yes" man or the door is shown.

That explains everything. Seriously, it’s only yanks that come out with this retarded nonsense.

And lol at him having an background in wrestling’ <45>

Prove it. Tell me a bit about his background in combat sports. I’ll wait.

I lived in both places, you didn’t...

also he didn’t need a background in fighting. He was good nuff to be a pro hockey players. (His father was a Greco Roman coach n he did some boxing)

60% of sherdog thinks conor would be able to ko that guy that made him look like a toddler.

ChillyGiddyFlycatcher-small.gif

This type of question always confirms one thing to me - only a small percentage of Sherdoggers have ever trained in a legit fight gym.

It’s not just that Conor could beat a big untrained dude, it’s that literally thousands of decent level fighters could. For a guy like McGregor it wouldn’t even be a thing.

Nobody is saying Conor cannot beat hockey players in a fight. We are saying Conor would not beat 6'9" 250 pound Zdeno Chara. Chara is a freak of nature.

boston_chara_300.jpg

i grew up in North American (btw basketball is huge in Southern Europe)

Now the guy in question is not some nobody who occasionally goes to the gym.

it’s a pro hockey player with wrestling n boxing background who’s job on the ice is pretty much beating ppl up.

don’t see how posting video of a stiff bodybuilder getting subd or some lanky drunk homeless guy getting ko is relevant here?

It’s relevant because they’re getting beaten up by people significantly smaller than them, who happens to have a fraction of the fighting ability of someone like McGregor.

You really think if they spent some time skating they would not only bridge the gap between them and the guys beating them in the video, but bridge the gap between them and an elite killer like McGregor.

Dude , bro ( I'm american)- I dont have a problem with the tapping. It's part of the game and some of the goats of this sport have tapped ...... .. but not in .00007 second COMBINED in 2 losses. That's my " heart " issue with Conor.

" win or learn" is one of the first things you see in K's gym....... unless you're Conor McGregor. You're a " yes" man or the door is shown.

Im not sure what you’re implying.

Simply by way of getting into the cage Conor has shown more fighting heart than anyone that hasn’t, never mind the fact that he’s reached the pinnacle of the sport.

Nobody is saying Conor cannot beat hockey players in a fight. We are saying Conor would not beat 6'9" 250 pound Zdeno Chara. Chara is a freak of nature.

boston_chara_300.jpg

Thanks for the underwear pic.

He is not a “freak of nature” by any means. Guys like hafthor bjornsson are what I would term a freak of nature. Char is a tall dude who’s good at hockey.

As far as fighting goes? He’s never fought. That’s the reality. The notion that he could beat up an elite fighter because he’s tall and plays ice hockey is ridiculous, and I’ve no doubt he would tell you the same thing.

I lived in both places, you didn’t...

also he didn’t need a background in fighting. He was good nuff to be a pro hockey players. (His father was a Greco Roman coach n he did some boxing)

So basically, you’ve utterly failed to deliver ANY evidence of him having ANY combat sports experience?

And lol at his father being a wrestler <45>

It’s like kindergarten in here at times honestly. My father was a surgeon, it doesn’t qualify me to give out medical advice.

It’s relevant because they’re getting beaten up by people significantly smaller than them, who happens to have a fraction of the fighting ability of someone like McGregor.

You really think if they spent some time skating they would not only bridge the gap between them and the guys beating them in the video, but bridge the gap between them and an elite killer like McGregor.

Chara doesn't have a fraction of the fighting ability like the other big meatheads shown getting beaten up in this thread. Chara is an incredibly conditioned athlete who trains in boxing, wrestling and has fought countless times over his long hockey career. He has toughened his knuckles up on helmets and the faces of big, tough men.

Here is Chara breaking the nose of 6'6" 240 pound David Koci:

e972f6ad8f91347271844097c8e02fed.jpg

again we’re talking about 6’9, 250 (pure muscle) chara here. The guy known for his scrapping.

Conor on the other hand is know to ko manlets n no heart cowboy.

when he faced someone of average size his power didn’t translate n he’s not known for his cardio either.

as soon as chara gets hold of him it’s over.

Thanks for the underwear pic.

He is not a “freak of nature” by any means. Guys like hafthor bjornsson are what I would term a freak of nature. Char is a tall dude who’s good at hockey.

As far as fighting goes? He’s never fought. That’s the reality. The notion that he could beat up an elite fighter because he’s tall and plays ice hockey is ridiculous, and I’ve no doubt he would tell you the same thing.

Chara's never fought? Breaking guys faces and punching off helmets is not fighting? This is not a fight to you?

Back