Media Conor standing among A level athletes

And there we are, back to square one on you’re immensely flawed logic.

“Chara beats Conor because of size and strength”

(shows video of guy Conor’s size manhandling bigger/stronger athlete than Chara)

“Chara would beat this guy too because of......its still real to me dammit!”

<{Heymansnicker}>

GSP is bigger than Conor and is a far superior grappler. Laraque would have tossed Conor out of the cage if they were wrestling.

Chara beats Conor because of size, strength, endurance, athleticism and fighting experience. Chara is not merely some big lug. He is an incredibly fit, high-level athlete who humiliates other top level athletes in his sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prove it.

Show me some evidence of Chara competing in Greco roman wrestling growing up.
How does Zdeno Chara spend his offseasons? By wrestling other men. Where some players kick back and relax on the lake, Chara dials up his father’s wrestlers (his father is the longtime coach of the Slovakian national wrestling team) for some classic Greco-Roman grappling. Unfortunately, though, he’s running out of friends to wrestle: “Not as much as I used to — all the other guys are retired.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston...eps-track-of-every-exercise-he-ever-does/amp/

How does Zdeno Chara spend his offseasons? By wrestling other men. Where some players kick back and relax on the lake, Chara dials up his father’s wrestlers (his father is the longtime coach of the Slovakian national wrestling team) for some classic Greco-Roman grappling. Unfortunately, though, he’s running out of friends to wrestle: “Not as much as I used to — all the other guys are retired.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston...eps-track-of-every-exercise-he-ever-does/amp/

<45><45>

Do you know what ‘compete’ even means?

Last edited:
GSP is bigger than Conor and is a far superior grappler. Laraque would have tossed Conor out of the cage if they were wrestling.

Chara beats Conor because of size, strength, endurance, athleticism and fighting experience. Chara is not merely some big lug. He is an incredibly fit, high-level athlete who humiliates other top level athletes in his sport.

Wrong again. Technically 2010 GSP was a welterweight, just like 2020 Conor.

Laroque got taken down in 20 seconds and was exhausted in 2 minutes. He showed no offensive wrestling whatsoever. In short, he looked awful. None of this should come as a surprise to anyone who understands even the very basics of grappling. Why the fuck would he be any good at it? Despite Conor not being anywhere near as good a grappler as GSP he would’ve manhandled Laroque, simply by way of being a much better grappler than a guy who has never grappler, unsurprisingly.

Nevermind, I can see you mentioned ‘fighting experience’ as a reason Chara beats a 2 weight UFC champion. <45><45><45><45><45><45>

You’ve outed yourself as someone whose never trained for all of Sherdog to see.

Wrong again. Technically 2010 GSP was a welterweight, just like 2020 Conor.

Laroque got taken down in 20 seconds and was exhausted in 2 minutes. He showed no offensive wrestling whatsoever. In short, he looked awful. None of this should come as a surprise to anyone who understands even the very basics of grappling. Why the fuck would he be any good at it? Despite Conor not being anywhere near as good a grappler as GSP he would’ve manhandled Laroque, simply by way of being a much better grappler than a guy who has never grappler, unsurprisingly.

Nevermind, I can see you mentioned ‘fighting experience’ as a reason Chara beats a 2 weight UFC champion. <45><45><45><45><45><45>

You’ve outed yourself as someone whose never trained for all of Sherdog to see.

You are just trolling now. GSP and Conor have never been the same welterweight. GSP was cutting weight to make 170 and would die making 155 and 145. It is bizarre to even compare GSP and Conor considering GSP is on an entirely different level in terms of skill, intelligence and behaviour. A prime GSP would put Conor on his back in the first 30 seconds of the fight and finish him late in the first or early in the second.

You are just trolling now. GSP and Conor have never been the same welterweight. GSP was cutting weight to make 170 and would die making 155 and 145. It is bizarre to even compare GSP and Conor considering GSP is on an entirely different level in terms of skill, intelligence and behaviour. A prime GSP would put Conor on his back in the first 30 seconds of the fight and finish him late in the first or early in the second.

As much as I enjoy all of your hypothetical’s, you’ve yet to provide one piece of evidence of a untrained guy beating a professional mixed martial artist in a combat sports setting.

Ive been kind to you and allowed you to include midgets vs giants or women vs men, and yet you’ve still utterly failed. On the other hand, I’ve provided plentiful evidence of trained fighters getting the better of bigger, stronger guys than an ice skater ffs <45><45><45>

Post again when you have something that worthwhile.

Shaq is enormous. He makes Chara look like a manlet:

GVWmJ9tTOxtRATKuHMW9twqMkckW4vORWVaRuXjm8Nc.jpg

cut.jpg

I've trained in BJJ and watched a freakishly athletic 290 pound white belt with under a year of training give black belts trouble. Size also matters.
It for sure matters, but world class MMA fighters can handle almost any untrained people... even the way you made your point sounds like more of an argument for me. He had under a year of training (implying he trained for over 6 months I would think) gave a most likely pretty mid to low level black belt "trouble" which doesn't mean much honestly, you can give people "trouble" while still being multiple years away from actually surpassing them.

I'm not saying Conor would murk dude 10/10 times, but I can't really imagine what an untrained person could do to him or any other elite level UFC fighter

Back