Media Conor standing among A level athletes

We’re on page 19 now and I’m still waiting on some sort of evidence from anyone of an untrained, non-fighter getting the better of a professional fighter of any standing, let alone Conor McGregor.

You can include giants beating up midgets, men beating up women, I don’t care really. Just give we some sort of evidence of someone untrained getting the better of a professional in a combat sports setting.

giphy.gif

Lol get fucking real. Guys middleweight and above could beat Charas ass, but Conor couldn't even hurt the guy. He'd get demolished. Chara isn't some dude that is uncoordinated and can't fight, dude trained wrestling and boxing, and his dad was an Olympic Wrestler

@Khaiser

Here is GSP and Georges Laraque (6'4" 240 pounds) wrestling. Laraque has zero wrestling background.

“Retired NHL enforcer beats up guy that’s never fought” shocker

<45><45>

@Khaiser

Here is GSP and Georges Laraque (6'4" 240 pounds) wrestling. Laraque has zero wrestling background.

Which is probably why GSP takes him down multiple times inside a couple of minutes leaving the other guy exhausted.

Did you actually even watch this one?

{<huh}

Asks for video of larger, untrained guy getting the better of trained fighter.

Receives video of smaller, trained fighter manhandling larger, untrained guy.

#shertard

Which is probably why GSP takes him down multiple times inside a couple of minutes leaving the other guy exhausted.

Did you actually even watch this one?

{<huh}

Laraque looked pretty good for having zero background in wrestling and GSP was breathing rather hard himself.

0W1qnIHKJIlpK_2rC8rVDEI_FDyzfdgQyKgc8GGZ50o.jpg

“Retired NHL enforcer beats up guy that’s never fought” shocker

<45><45>

I thought you said hockey fights don't count as fighting experience and yet a retired hockey enforcer wins his debut MMA fight in 21 seconds against an opponent who only trained in MMA.

Laraque looked pretty good for having zero background in wrestling and GSP was breathing rather hard himself.

0W1qnIHKJIlpK_2rC8rVDEI_FDyzfdgQyKgc8GGZ50o.jpg

<45><45><45><45>

You thought he looked good?

He was on his back inside 30 seconds and exhausted inside 2 minutes.

I thought you said hockey fights don't count as fighting experience and yet a retired hockey enforcer wins his debut MMA fight in 21 seconds against an opponent who only trained in MMA.

You posted a video of two guys who have never fought MMA fighting.

Im not even sure what you wanted me to infer from it in all honesty.

If you bring a football player, basketball player, and hockey player together, you can be sure that each is the best in the room at their sport. Chara could skate circles around LeBron and Brady and make them look like children on the ice. LeBron could humiliate Chara and Brady on a basketball court. Brady could make the others look like uncoordinated bums if they had to play QB against him.

But throw an MMA fighter into the mix, and it isn't clear who the best fighter is, unless said fighter is a heavyweight or light heavyweight. Jones/Cormier/Stipe would beat the tar out of the three guys I mentioned before, sure. But would Conor? I dunno. I think LeBron and Chara would be favorites to fuck Conor's shit up just based on size/strength alone, and Brady would be at least a 50/50 against him.

<45><45><45><45>

You thought he looked good?

He was on his back inside 30 seconds and exhausted inside 2 minutes.

A guy who never trained in wrestling looked pretty good against a guy who at the time was considered to have one of the best takedowns in MMA. Imagine how much better Laraque would have looked with 6 months to a year of training just wrestling?

Meanwhile, back in reality....

A guy much stronger than Chara, Lebron or any other so called “A-level athlete” not in strongman, gets manhandled by a wrestler who weights less than half of what he does.

A guy who never trained in wrestling looked pretty good against a guy who at the time was considered to have one of the best takedowns in MMA. Imagine how much better Laraque would have looked with 6 months to a year of training just wrestling?

If you’re definition of ‘looking pretty good’ is getting taken down in 30 seconds and basing exhausted after 2 minutes then we’re on completely different wavelengths unfortunately.

I find there to be a bit of a dichotomy created when it comes to "Fighter vs Non Fighter." Or "UFC Fighter vs athlete trained in something else."

I don't know how many times I've laughed at these scenarios.

Yeah, the MMA guy is going to have advantages. It's what he does for a fucking living. MMA fighters are still human though. Just because you're in the UFC doesn't mean you're going to take out everyone like Bruce Lee in a Chinese warehouse. This is what comes to mind when reading some of this stuff. A similar thing happened in the prime Tyson vs Liddell thread. Plenty of people just thought since Chuck was in the UFC that meant he could just give Mike a quick head kick and go about his day.

I also think when it comes to being a fighter but having extreme physical disadvantages against a guy that isnt is having a deadly submission game. Being a smaller man but one hell of a striker isn't going to work as much in your favor as to being smaller but some sort of black belt in bjj. The Bruce Lee kicking the shit out of multiple guys isn't reality. If the big dude gets a hold of you, you want to cut off his oxygen or bend something. This is a more likely outcome then ending him with a spinning back kick.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back in reality....

A guy much stronger than Chara, Lebron or any other so called “A-level athlete” not in strongman, gets manhandled by a wrestler who weights less than half of what he does.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

The guy was on Finnish Gladiators and good at the Powerball game. Chara and Laraque would have no problem ragdolling that dude.

You could form some sort of register from this thread containing all the sherdoggers who have literally themselves as having never trained at a legit fight gym in their lives <45>

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

The guy was on Finnish Gladiators and good at the Powerball game. Chara and Laraque would have no problem ragdolling that dude.

And there we are, back to square one on you’re immensely flawed logic.

“Chara beats Conor because of size and strength”

(shows video of guy Conor’s size manhandling bigger/stronger athlete than Chara)

“Chara would beat this guy too because of......its still real to me dammit!”

<{Heymansnicker}>

Back