Conor sounds so tense and jittery during Ariel's interview

i mean...its actually a pretty big deal. this should be a gimmi fight for him....but he also knows that if he fucks this one up and loses ...there really is no way he will ever regain the status he once had..
no pressure..
meanwhile..cowboy is just fighting for the lulz at this point

Nope. Wrong again. Guessing aint your strong side man.

Calm down. I know you love this one opportunity where you getting hit in the head more than other people gives you some kind of higher ground.

I can sympathise with Conor's attitude.
It's the attitude of a man who has fucked up too much and is trying to change mindset to be happier.
Will it make him a better fighter? Probably not.
But he needed this to feel better.

Guy has obviously done psychotherapy, some spirituality, etc.
Been there.
Yes he got medical attention. This is the theraphy that sorted him out once and for all. Just what the doctor ordered.
It was Doctor Khabib who gave him his dose of medicine.
conor tap.gif

Sounding like he was gonna gas. Conor maintained himself, Cardio Conor is born.

You know what? I'm actually liking this version of Conor still want to see him get his ass kicked but I'm not hating as hard as before, his fanz I still can't stand you nut grabbing sucking huggers...

You know what? I'm actually liking this version of Conor still want to see him get his ass kicked but I'm not hating as hard as before, his fanz I still can't stand you nut grabbing sucking huggers...

Let's wait until Saturday night. Assuming he wins (which he should) let's see the post fight speech, etc.

Maybe...MAYBE he's growing up and has realized that chugging gallons of booze and snorting buckets of the devil's dandruff is not gonna help his career much. Nor is being a general societal malady by getting in trouble every couple months.

If he isn't a complete asshat after he beats Cerrone (assuming he does) then perhaps he's growing up. Perhaps...

Let's wait until Saturday night. Assuming he wins (which he should) let's see the post fight speech, etc.

Maybe...MAYBE he's growing up and has realized that chugging gallons of booze and snorting buckets of the devil's dandruff is not gonna help his career much. Nor is being a general societal malady by getting in trouble every couple months.

If he isn't a complete asshat after he beats Cerrone (assuming he does) then perhaps he's growing up. Perhaps...

<mma4> Like my daddy always said "Time will tell"...

No timestamp? Fucking gay
I agree, if we are speaking in relative terms.

Conor has always come off as completely intuitive and free. That was part of his wildness, that he was all "action" with little reflection (he thought about things, but not in the second-guessing or framing response type of way).

He is clearly no longer like that. He is clearly framing himself in a certain way for presentation. He is not acting intuitively (or out of impulse). He is carefully managing himself, and his surroundings (particularly his public persona, i.e. the way he is coming off publicly).

This is definitely a material factor because I think we can all attest to the fact that part of Conor's intrigue came from this intuitive, wild, and almost fatalistic approach to the fight game. At the same time, I think we can all agree that those exact factors resulted in distractions outside of the cage and an increasing lack of discipline in the lead up to his fights.

The question is, will his new sense of heightened intentionality result in a more disciplined fighting machine that is able to benefit from all his gifts, while reining in his more destructive tenancies, OR has he effectively neutered the beast and inhibited his higher powers?

I don't think we will have an answer until after the Cerrone fight. Ceronne is the PERFECT match up, because he consistently outclasses pretenders to the throne, and just as consistently takes a knee whenever faced with true royal pedigree!

This is simply untrue. BJJ has taught me to become much, much more objective. About everything. One of the crucial lessons you learn from BJJ, at least if you're paying attention, is how fruitless it is to be in a rush to make a mistake. There are a plethora of ways to go down the wrong path in a grappling match, and few options that will lead to success.

And I haven't experienced it to the same degree but striking gives a similar effect.
literally this. I stopped doing BJJ because I myself am made of glass like Pettis. But I remember basically attempting to play checkers with these chess masters. It was like every time I learned and tried to do 3-4 moves ahead of someone they already had 9 steps ahead of me and by the time I'm trying to match their 9th step, they've already calculated 20 steps ahead. I was garbage and bruised like a peach but it was a fun experience.

Last edited:
He does indeed. Idk why Ariel was saying he was so zen and calm

Maybe compared to usual?

he is fake as fuck, humble on camera to clean his image

he is the maniac and douchebag that we saw on khabibs press conference, a shit neighborhood irish chav with money

can only be happy because its an easy fight and easy cash

The quicker the Irish chav exists the sport the better, his fans aka ass lickers want nothing more than him to win a belt and hold the division hostage for multiple years. Absolute cancer of a man and has parasitic fans.

Back