Conor should stick to LW instead challenging AS

think barboza beats him , FW is the div he suits best for . he needs that extra reach advantage

I think Anderson is the easiest possible fight for Conor right now, and the dumbest. What has AS done lately? His body probably doesn't even work anymore if he's been off PEDs for a significant amount of time. I hope it never happens but AS at say a catchweight of 175lbs would be a much easier fight than Barboza or Gathje IMO.
lol do you realize how much bigger AS would be than Conor in the cage? We’re talking about a larger MW vs an average size LW here.

I think Anderson is the easiest possible fight for Conor right now, and the dumbest. What has AS done lately? His body probably doesn't even work anymore if he's been off PEDs for a significant amount of time. I hope it never happens but AS at say a catchweight of 175lbs would be a much easier fight than Barboza or Gathje IMO.

LOL, he beat Brunson. He may not be the best MW, but he is still a top guy.

Conor has struggled against men of equal size or larger. I'll just leave this here...

e44d3f2770f223e843b308b25cc9482d

Middleweight <- Silva
Welterweight
Lightweight <- McGregor
Conor fights 145/155

Silva fights 185/205

So my bad 2-4 weight classes.

To be clear, its a 30lb difference. That's huge.

He didn't get out struck on the feet, he got outstruck overall because of the ground strikes
Conor’s strikes had nothing on them in the third and nothing significant landed.
However he was dropped, id say Khabib won everything.

Conor fights 145/155

Silva fights 185/205

So my bad 2-4 weight classes.

To be clear, its a 30lb difference. That's huge.
McGregor has the cage weight of a Lightweight (171 lbs).
Silva has the cage weight of a Middleweight (198 lbs).

That's a two weight class difference.

Conor winning a decision, by wearing AS down simply due to youth.

There is no alternate universe where a LW with an 8 minute gas tank wears down a sneaky guy like Anderson. GTFO ...with all due respect

McGregor has the cage weight of a Lightweight (171 lbs).
Silva has the cage weight of a Middleweight (198 lbs).

That's a two weight class difference.
Fact -- you don't know what they weigh in the cage.
Fact -- Conor fought the majority of his career at FW and Silva at MW. That's 3 weight classes or 45lbs.

But whatever, for the sake of ending the argument I'll agree. There is a 30lb difference and 2 weight classes separating them.

Are you saying that's not huge?
...that's rhetorical and subjective. No need to answer. Of course it's huge.

You sherbros argue some dumb shit. The point is still valid. Their weight isn't close. Get the fuck outta here with that dumb shit.

what i dont like that UFC are going with this risky moves ............
squeeze the last juice in him?

Calm down right now it's a fantasy. And Conor DID NOT go up to challenge Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva has been wanting this "challenge" since mid-2016. If he really wanted to test himself he should go spar with Conor.

I'm not sure why people are so confident that Conor beats Barboza tbh.

Oh he beats him. And fairly easily.

Fact -- you don't know what they weigh in the cage.
Fact -- Conor fought the majority of his career at FW and Silva at MW. That's 3 weight classes or 45lbs.
Fact - McGregor's nutritionist said that's what he weighed in the cage against Nurmagomedov.
Fact - 198 lbs is how much Silva weighed the last time he fought at Light Heavyweight (and the average weight for Middleweights is 200 lbs).

McGregor cut from 172 lbs against Mendes, which is what most Lightweights cut from, and the fact is McGregor hasn't competed at Featherweight in 3 years, he's a Lightweight, so stop pretending like he's a Featherweight for the sake of justifying your exaggerations.

Fact - Middleweight is two weight classes above Lightweight.

/discussion

lol do you realize how much bigger AS would be than Conor in the cage? We’re talking about a larger MW vs an average size LW here.

Anderson said he could easily cut to 178lbs and Conor has fought as high as 170 so it wouldn't be too crazy. Anderson would only have a length advantage. Depending on the shape he is in and weather or not he's completely off PEDs he might not even be stronger.

Will people just stop this horseshit 'lost his last two fights' or 'losing streak' bollocks? He won the LW title and held TWO belts before he lost to Khabib. We're talking MMA here--not a fucking multi-million dollar HEIST that he pulled off by engineering a glorified exhibition match with Mayweather.

AS would smash Conor at 180lb. Conor can't carry 180lb in a fight. He'd gas after he threw 5 punches.

Even if Conor beats Silva, who cares?

Btw imho even current Anderson Silva handily beats Conor.

Will people just stop this horseshit 'lost his last two fights' or 'losing streak' bollocks? He won the LW title and held TWO belts before he lost to Khabib. We're talking MMA here--not a fucking multi-million dollar HEIST that he pulled off by engineering a glorified exhibition match with Mayweather.

Conor is 2-2 on his last four fights (MMA), that's the simple truth.

Conor is 2-2 on his last four fights (MMA), that's the simple truth.

... which isn’t the same as losing your last two and facing the prospect of losing 3 in a row, is it? You can’t have a 1 fight losing streak, is the simple truth.

Back