Conor should just fight Gaethje

I'd be surprised if he fights Masvidal, seems like he's more likely to fight Frankie Edgar
He was supposed to fight Masvidal but Mas fucked himself over.

Him bringing a bottle of his brand new drink and showing it to everyone before he got in the cage with Conor was the dumbest move of all time.

Such a shame, he would've probably won that fight and would've gotten the chance to promote his mezcal anyways.

I think its more about comparing their pace. Conor is pretty selective in his output. Gaedjthe fights every fight like its the end of his life. In the Poirier and Alvarez fights he threw 120 strikes. Against Johnson as well.

If you look at McGregor, his output is vastly lower (except the second Nate fight) . He only had 53 strikes against Holloway over 3 rounds and 61 in the first Diaz fight.

Fair enough, but if Conor is moving well and landing accurately at will (definitely possible), it could throw Gaethje's gameplan completely off. We won't know unless they fight. Almost everyone Gaethje has fought has been willing to brawl with him (or had no choice).

If Conor wants a rematch with Khabib, he really should go through Gaejthe first.

Gaethje is not a elite-level striker.

I think his speed power and timing with leg kicks is elite. Hes always dangerous and has the ability I just think he takes to many shots. his defense is no where near elite.

Khabib is now a star, so rematch would be huge. The groundwork is already there, especially with the post fight brawl. They probably already have promos ready to roll out. Gaethje is a risk to that imo. Don’t get me wrong, I pick Conor to butcher his sloppy standup, but why take the risk? If Conor loses his credibility falls hard.

Fair enough, but if Conor is moving well and landing accurately at will (definitely possible), it could throw Gaethje's gameplan completely off. We won't know unless they fight. Almost everyone Gaethje has fought has been willing to brawl with him (or had no choice).

I agree. And Conor is the far more accurate striker (which means needing less volume). That said, getting sucked into a firefight with Gaedthe is a bad idea for anyone.

I think conor gets payed so much that the ufc only wants him in the biggest fight $$$ wise possible

Im sure hed fight poirier or gaethje

Gaethje is not an elite level striker, he's a good match up for Conor, I don't know why Conor is ducking him.
ImpressiveDearGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

5rRThV8.gif

but he wont cause conor doesnt want that smoke. justin striking is better than conors facts.

Gaethje is not an elite level striker, he's a good match up for Conor, I don't know why Conor is ducking him.

5rRThV8.gif
Because he has the personality of a rock and he brings nothing to the table when it comes to promotion

How you guys are so naive to basic business is beyond me

Conor and the UFC arent putting themselves in any promotion that doesnt make business sense and its ruled all their decisions and fight selection from day 1

This is no different.

To the hardcore fan, Gaethje makes sense, but you have to see it from their eyes.

I'm not sure you've made a single intelligent post on this site before dude

you need to look at all the conor fan boys they say a lot of dumb stuff.

you must not of seen all those guys that justin put to sleep. justin doesnt need to ko conor he can just submit him or wreslte him.

you need to look at all the conor fan boys they say a lot of dumb stuff.

you must not of seen all those guys that justin put to sleep. justin doesnt need to ko conor he can just submit him or wreslte him.
Please stop analyzing mma

You suck at it

Not trying to be mean but all your posts breaking anything down are so unbelievably bad

I think masvidal would be a bigger fight. I think if he beats masvidal he'll gets title shot at any weight class he wants.

Please stop analyzing mma

You suck at it

Not trying to be mean but all your posts breaking anything down are so unbelievably bad

did you notice who conor didnt fight on jan 18th proves conor wants no part of justin or jorge. notice how conor not called out jorge or justin at all.

notice how conor talking about floyd and pacman lately again. he wants the biggest pay days knowing his star power about to end.

5rRThV8.gif

He's not ducking him, he's going to fight Masvidal at 170 which is stylistically a harder fight for Conor than JG is.

did you notice who conor didnt fight on jan 18th proves conor wants no part of justin or jorge. notice how conor not called out jorge or justin at all.

notice how conor talking about floyd and pacman lately again. he wants the biggest pay days knowing his star power about to end.
Yeah just like he doesnt ever fight again

Doesnt fight Khabib

Doesnt fight mayweather

Nate gets 30-27'd by pettis and all the other stupid shit you've said lol

All in the name of hate

You're too blind to see clearly

Yeah just like he doesnt ever fight again

Doesnt fight Khabib

Doesnt fight mayweather

Nate gets 30-27'd by pettis and all the other stupid shit you've said lol

All in the name of hate

You're too blind to see clearly

i clearly see conor didnt want to get smoked jan 18th. to be fair he didntfight floyd it was a fixed event

Conor's cardio may be suspect, but Gaethje has only made it to the 4th round once and he was finished in that fight. If anything, the championship round favor Conor.
Well Conor has had 2 fights that went into a 4th round, and he was finished in one of them. so there's not much information on either of them in championship rounds. I simply meant Gaethje's forward pressure. Even when he's tired, he never stops coming forward.

Well Conor has had 2 fights that went into a 4th round, and he was finished in one of them. so there's not much information on either of them in championship rounds. I simply meant Gaethje's forward pressure. Even when he's tired, he never stops coming forward.

I agree there's not much data, but Conor has won a 5-round decision. That's why I'd give him the edge.

Conor is not ducking him. He lost to two guys that Conor obliterated.

Also, fights vs Khabib, Masvidal, and Diaz are much more appealing monetarily for him and also to the vast majority of fans.
maybe now. Jorge would be great. but he could have fought Gaethje when he was callin him out. Early last year i think. I don't get why some will say Gaethje and Poirier would be easy..he's got a great chance, but why not fight them and get his Shot. IDK Poirier would be a lot different fight and Gaethje could Ko Conor.

Back