Conor should just fight Gaethje

Getting another title shot he needs to beat one of the top contenders in the division and Gaethje is an obvious choice considering he already beat Poirier.
Yeah but that is a different conversation. I don't like it but the fact is the UFC probably is going to give him the winner of Tony/Khabib, and he's not "ducking" by taking it.

I like a fight between Conor and Gaethje. But having Conor win his last fight and failing to call out Jorge and then having Dana in the post-fight presser say Conor/Khabib is the biggest fight they could put on pretty much killed my hopes of either McGregor/Gaethje or McGregor/Masvidal of happening.

I think that's the current #1 option ....and they [ conor]want to fight without cutting weight. I refuse to use the word welterweight until he actually fights one.

100% agree.

Conor needs an elite win at 155 to justify a fight against Khabib (if that's what he wants). In that case, he should just fight Gaethje. If he wins that fight, then he can lobby to fight the winner of Tony/Khabib, and will have a very strong case.

Why? If we're going that route and not fighting khabib, why wouldn't he fight Jorge instead? Way higher profile and profitable
I guess because Gaethje is ranked and at 155lbs rn. Jorge though is a much tougher fight for him imo. If he fights one he's ducking the other (and probably a few other guys as well).

GUYS!!!! GUYS!!! Omfg!!! TS just solved the problem!!!! Why didn’t the UFC or ANYONE ELSE think of this idea???? Holt shit this guy must be a Mensa genius or something.

Yeah but that is a different conversation. I don't like it but the fact is the UFC probably is going to give him the winner of Tony/Khabib, and he's not "ducking" by taking it.

Conor said he wants another tune up fight, Gaethje is a level below Tony Ferguson and Khabib it would be a good fight for him and Khabib if he beats Ferguson would lose any argument that Conor isn't the top contender. The way it stands now, Khabib will just say Conor has won a fight at 155 over 3 years which is true.

Conor said he wants another tune up fight, Gaethje is a level below Tony Ferguson and Khabib it would be a good fight for him and Khabib if he beats Ferguson would lose any argument that Conor isn't the top contender. The way it stands now, Khabib will just say Conor has won a fight at 155 over 3 years which is true.
You’re still going into a completely different conversation. You’re talking about whether he deserves the title shot or not, and I never said he did. I simply responded to your op saying he’s not ducking

It appears there is a better chance of Conor Cowboy 2, than of Conor accepting a fight with Justin.

The Goof and Conor would rather not do that.

afa20089fc7f336a53b868f2bcf8e2a9.jpg
<Dany07>{<Mcgoat}

Conor would rock Justin early and wouldn't give him time to recover. Done in one.

Yeah that was my question before the Cowboy fight. If you take the UFC rankings for what they are (total BS) Justin was #3 and Conor was #4. Why then, if you were intent on giving Conor a title fight almost immediately, would you not have 3 vs 4 for Khabib or Tony? Then it would appear somewhat legit even to the haters. Makes too much sense I guess. So they take Gaethje out of the picture by having Conor leapfrog him by beating a journeyman in another division. That's why this isn't a real sport.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back