Conor should just fight Gaethje

NorrisB

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Gaethje is not an elite level striker, he's a good match up for Conor, I don't know why Conor is ducking him.
ImpressiveDearGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

5rRThV8.gif

Gaethje is not a great striker just has a great chin to set-up his strikes.

I don't think he is ducking Justin, I think he just wants the belt back as quickly as possible. If Justin had the belt, I'm sure he would be after him

Conor doesn’t take fights he knows he’ll lose. Gay-chee finishes Conor with ease.

Conor is not ducking him. He lost to two guys that Conor obliterated.

Also, fights vs Khabib, Masvidal, and Diaz are much more appealing monetarily for him and also to the vast majority of fans.

I've always felt Gaethje would be a fun match for McGregor. But the amount of people who think he'll blow out McGregor are smoking crack. He's a wild man and can catch just about anyone. But people who tend to eat shots to give them back don't tend to do well against McGregor.

Masvidal is the bigger fight and a winnable one for Conor. He would make more money and get more credit for beating Masvidal.

It's a tough fight. It's nearly impossible to get Gaethje out of there early, so once it hits the 3rd or 4th it would get interesting with Gaethje's nonstop forward pressure. shrug.

Masvidal is the bigger fight and a winnable one for Conor. He would make more money and get more credit for beating Masvidal.

I'd be surprised if he fights Masvidal, seems like he's more likely to fight Frankie Edgar

Because win, lose or draw, there’s a strong chance Gaethje takes years off your life expectancy when you sign to fight him.

Could Conor crack him and stop him? Sure, that’s plausible.. but like the UFC’s very own Shylock, Gaethje is likely to grab a pound of flesh before he goes down.

Why? If we're going that route and not fighting khabib, why wouldn't he fight Jorge instead? Way higher profile and profitable

I don't think he is ducking Justin, I think he just wants the belt back as quickly as possible. If Justin had the belt, I'm sure he would be after him
Getting another title shot he needs to beat one of the top contenders in the division and Gaethje is an obvious choice considering he already beat Poirier.

He has a lot of risk with little reward fighting justin. His name doesn't draw views and it doesn't move him that close to the title. Conor would probably win but it's not worth it. I don't blame him. He has to build his own red panty nights.

Back