Media Conor seems to be going for a 'panic' takedown but got caught with the KO punch instead (video)

please soob me good man doostin, please dun't knoock me oot

Calf kick into straight right, that is when it was over. Dustin saw that Conor's leg is done and just went for the kill.
dKrLmA0.gif
Conor post fight acting like Dustin Porier invented Calf Kicks because he never experienced them before. Smh. That tells you all you need to know about Conor. He needs to retire, he has no more fire.

It definitely looks like he could have been dropping down for the takedown. Would have been a smart move, although Dustin would be a handful for him to grapple with.

Great fight !!! So happy for Dustin

Conor post fight acting like Dustin Porier invented Calf Kicks because he never experienced them before. Smh. That tells you all you need to know about Conor. He needs to retire, he has no more fire.

Tells you everything about his camp and his own arrogance. Imagine prepping for Poirier and not realizing Calf kicks exist, it's not like there's no footage of Dustin fighting

I remember Denis Siver giving him 2 calf kicks that made him fell down on a knee. He must have forgot that. That's when I knew he has trouble taking leg kicks.

You're seeing what you want to see.

Conor had been ducking and weaving using head movement all final sequence as he couldn't use foot movement anymore after that final calf kick, and Dustin finally timed him and caught him on a down swing.

From what happened in the 10 to 15 seconds before in that fight, I’d say he was going to duck a punch or two there but ate the right hand right in the kisser as he was ducking. Conor looked slowed down and a bit clumsy even if he did evade a few punches before eating the one that put him on his ass.

Could’ve been going for a takedown as well, he was pretty much a sitting target there as his leg was a balloon

The focus on leg kicks reminds me of how Cejudo took it to Cruz last year. Being an elusive striker is fine, unless you lose your legs…

He acts like he invented shoulder strikes so what do you expect?

Back