Conor really does have an Excellent Beard

Steroids

It’s no revelation that steroids cause acne. Sometimes steroids can be prescribed to women to treat a rare condition called familial angioedema, but more often than not these drugs are taken without a doctor’s orders in individuals looking to “bulk up.” A pimply face (and body) is the trademark of a regular juicer.

The reason steroids tend to cause acne is that the drug, like the birth control pill, causes hormonal changes in its users. The androgen hormones in anabolic steroids cause an increase in sebaceous gland activity. The increase in sebaceous gland activity will cause the body to produce more sebum. This increases the chances of it becoming clogged in pores, hence the onset of acne.

On top of increasing the production of sebum, steroids may also accelerate the growth of the acne causing bacteria, Propionibacterium acnes, adding to the acne’s severity. It’s advised that the best way to treat steroid-induced acne is to stop taking steroids, but this isn’t always possible. While often associated with body builders, steroids are used for a variety of ailments, such as arthritis, asthma, and severe allergic reactions. In times when you’re unable to stop taking steroids, it’s important to consult your doctor or dermatologist.

He was 19 or 20 in that vid, lol. You do know acne is a naturally occuring thing among people in their teens and early twenties?

Not impressed. His sides are patchy, in my opinion. But then again, I have A-level beard genetics so maybe I shouldn't hold him to my unattainably high hirsute standards.

I approve of this avatar
Thread content is making me doubt that.

jk bud,
tumblr_mu4t8aZHyd1reoc62o2_400.gif

1550005672699180093982523244837.jpg
See McGregor? Fuck your shite beard.

Erm, can i borrow your flat cap?

Back