conor/rda will be...

mrsenor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
the 2nd time two current titleholders compete against each other in ufc history

Ufc_94_poster.jpg

I like it.

It has less the hype as Penn vs. St. Pierre, right now, but I trust the brass will begin hyping the gizzards out of this fight a month away from fight time.

Conor fans shouldn't hope that history repeats itself. Penn talked a lot, didn't help his case though.

I like it.

It has less the hype as Penn vs. St. Pierre, right now, but I trust the brass will begin hyping the gizzards out of this fight a month away from fight time.
The fight's already less than a month away and I still feel like it's not being talked about nearly as much as it should be. I think RDA being a relatively unknown fighter is a huge factor, even though he's the champ.

There's no "buzz" around the MMA community. Obv people are hyped and all but lack of media work isn't helping the casuals.

Oh yes, I remember. Penn's guard was 100% ineffective against Georges, what a specimen of a mixed martial artist Georges was.

The fight's already less than a month away and I still feel like it's not being talked about nearly as much as it should be. I think RDA being a relatively unknown fighter is a huge factor, even though he's the champ.

Yes you're right. It is less than a month away. There's a good example of the lack of hyping :p I don't even know the date.

There's no "buzz" around the MMA community. Obv people are hyped and all but lack of media work isn't helping the casuals.
this is the fight that should have the ridiculous circus tour. The lack of "buzz" is puzzling. RDA doesn't sell to casuals for shit. You'd think they'd be deficating this fight all over every related outlet possible.

The anticipation for that fight was palpable.

You really got the sense that Penn was going all out in his preparation
l.gif

It will be first time two belt holders fight without a shit-tonne of grease on one of them.

Oh yes, I remember. Penn's guard was 100% ineffective against Georges, what a specimen of a mixed martial artist Georges was.

Rush definitely had a slick game plan for that fight.

I think it will also be one-sided. Either Conor really is a mystic and discombobulates RDA standing, or he gets destroyed. RDA is a beast. McGOAT better have something special to show us.

Conor's not a known jj guy, so I doubt RDA lubes himself like the heavier guy in the previous Champ vs. Champ fight.

Didn't Conor mention some sort of Brazilian tour? I suppose the marketing and promotion of this fight is still yet to get underway, I would have thought they'd go into overdrive for this one.

GSP dominated Penn and Penn fans cried about vaseline for at least 2 years

gsppenn.gif

Most current sherdoggers weren't even born yet

Back