Media Conor putting the LW division on notice

Unfortunately, I see this fight favoring Conor too much. Poirier is definitely the better fighter, but Conor is a stylistic nightmare for him. Unless Conor fell off a lot, I see him winning again.

Unfortunately, I see this fight favoring Conor too much. Poirier is definitely the better fighter, but Conor is a stylistic nightmare for him. Unless Conor fell off a lot, I see him winning again.

Conor beats Poirier (twice) but Poirier is a better fighter than Conor?

Very weird that he wants to fight now that Khabib is gone.

Conor beats Poirier (twice) but Poirier is a better fighter than Conor?

I mean that Conor is a nightmare for Poirier, stylistically. Conor's greatest strength is hurting people early in the fight, and Poirier's biggest weakness is getting hurt early in a fight. However, when it comes to skillsets, Poirier brings more to the table. He has the cardio and conditioning to win five round fights against elite opponents like Gaethje and Holloway, and he's willing/able to use his wrestling and grappling both offensively and defensively. Anthony Pettis and Jonathan Brookins are both excellent grapplers, and Dustin tapped them out. Conor is probably Poirier's kryptonite, but I would trust Poirier's chances against the majority of the LW roster than I would Conor's.

Lookin old
C3HQ9OO.png

Reactions: MGS
I mean that Conor is a nightmare for Poirier, stylistically. Conor's greatest strength is hurting people early in the fight, and Poirier's biggest weakness is getting hurt early in a fight. However, when it comes to skillsets, Poirier brings more to the table. He has the cardio and conditioning to win five round fights against elite opponents like Gaethje and Holloway, and he's willing/able to use his wrestling and grappling both offensively and defensively. Anthony Pettis and Jonathan Brookins are both excellent grapplers, and Dustin tapped them out. Conor is probably Poirier's kryptonite, but I would trust Poirier's chances against the majority of the LW roster than I would Conor's.

I generally don't agree with the idea that "bringing more to the table" equals 'being a better fighter'. I'll never say that Leon Edwards is a better fighter than Usman, simply because Leon has better striking and is good in general, for example. There are several more examples that I could give you, but I think you get what I'm saying.
Conor is a better fighter than Dustin, unless Dustin beats him this time.

He’s taller than most? With a longer reach? Lol, that’s “smaller”.

He walks around at like 172lbs, by today’s standards he’s a small lw when you take into account how big guys like Khabib and and Kevin Lee are. Let’s not forget that this is the same division that 200lb Michael Chiesa fought at. He could easily continue to fight at 145 if he wanted to

Uh oh LW division, Conor's coming back to be a diva and not fight people again, watch out!

He walks around at like 172lbs, by today’s standards he’s a small lw when you take into account how big guys like Khabib and and Kevin Lee are. Let’s not forget that this is the same division that 200lb Michael Chiesa fought at. He could easily continue to fight at 145 if he wanted to

Sorry but I call BS on this. No way he could get to 145 these days with the weight he put on. he was almost completly depleted on his last couple of weight cuts and he has only got bigger since then.

Hopefully we'll still see a coked up Conor at the pressers. Those were some great shit shows indeed, whether you're a fan or not!

Sorry but I call BS on this. No way he could get to 145 these days with the weight he put on. he was almost completly depleted on his last couple of weight cuts and he has only got bigger since then.

Well you can call bs all you want, unless you can show numbers that prove he couldn’t physically make it then it means nothing.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest that Conor isn’t utilizing the best weight cutting and nutritional regiments available to him.

Uh oh LW division, Conor's coming back to be a diva and not fight people again, watch out!
The reason why Conor makes Infinite times more money than rest of the fighters deserve is because he fights anyone at anytime at anyweight and always shows up.

How many pictures of himself does he need to post lately?

We know what you look like Conor.

what a load of rubbish, Conor will never go back to FW, he only made their last time because of IV's. Hed have to lose a lot of muscle mass to get back to FW and we would have emaciated Conor again.
Hed be struggling to make 155 ATM. Id also question with that muscle mass that he walks around at 172....I reckon hes closer to 180..

Same thread different day. He’s like a kid who cowers under his blanket at night, convinced the boogie man will return to snatch what remains of his soul.
Then daybreak comes and he emerges out from under his blanket to tell his fellow Internet warriors how super serious he is as a fighter.

Back