Conor predicts his fight against Khabib.

I have a feeling Conor plans on submitting a beaten up Khabib instead of a TKO. I get it but it's a bit of a gamble as you don't want him recovering due to a submission attempt and finding a strong position on the ground.

A majority decision can be 50-45,50-45, 47-47. It's literally not the same at all, otherwise they wouldn't have 2 different terms for the type of decision.
And a split decision can be 50-45, 50-45, and 47-48 too... In both cases that is some absolutely terrible judging lol
99% of cases the scoring will be:
  • 47-46, 47-46, and 46-47 for a split decision.
  • 47-46, 47-46, and 47-47 for a majority decision.
In either instance you'll notice that if one of the first two judges made their scorecard a 47-47 instead both fights would become draws.
  • 47-46, 47-47, and 46-47 is draw
  • 47-46, 47-47, and 47-47 is a majority draw
Both of which are the same thing, making the difference pretty much negligible.
If one judge can turn your win to a draw by making just one round a 10-10 instead of a 10-9, that's the epitome of a close fight in both cases.

Last edited:
And a split decision can be 50-45, 50-45, and 47-48 too... In both cases that is some absolutely terrible judging lol
99% of the cases the scoring will be:
  • 47-46, 47-46, and 46-47 for a split decision.
  • 47-46, 47-46, and 47-47 for a majority decision.
In either instance you'll notice that if one of the first two judges made their scorecard a 47-47 instead both fights would become draws.
  • 47-46, 47-47, and 46-47 is draw
  • 47-46, 47-47, and 47-47 is a majority draw
Both of which are the same thing, making the difference pretty much negligible.
If one judge can turn your win to a draw by making just one round a 10-10 instead of a 10-9, that's the epitome of a close fight in both cases.

A split is 50-45 for one guy (i know the scores can vary, just using this score for the example) and 50-45 for the other guy, with a 3rd being 48-48. A majority decision is the same guy gets both scores in his favor and one a draw.

Majority decisions, only one fighter had judges scoring the victory for him. In a split, one of the judges saw the losing fighter winning....

A split is 50-45 for one guy (i know the scores can vary, just using this score for the example) and 50-45 for the other guy, with a 3rd being 48-48. A majority decision is the same guy gets both scores in his favor and one a draw.

Majority decisions, only one fighter had judges scoring the victory for him. In a split, one of the judges saw the losing fighter winning....
A split decision is when one judge scored it for one fighter and two scored it for the other fighter.
What you just described is a draw... Do the math in your head.
  • Fighter 1: 50+45+48=143
  • Fighter 2: 45+50+48=143
You've got to brush up on this subject my friend.

A split decision is when one judge scored it for one fighter and two scored it for the other fighter.
What you just described is a draw... Do the math in your head.
  • Fighter 1: 50+45+48=143
  • Fighter 2: 45+50+48=143
You've got to brush up on this subject my friend.
I have nothing to brush up on

Majority decision:
Scorecard 1 - 50 to 45 for Fighter A
Scorecard 2 - 50 to 45 for FIghter A
Scorecard 3 - 48-48 draw

Split decision:
Scorecard 2 - 50 to 45 for FIghter B
Scorecard 3 - 50-45 for Fighter A

They are not the same.

I have nothing to brush up on

Majority decision:
Scorecard 2 - 50 to 45 for FIghter A
Scorecard 3 - 48-48 draw

Split decision:
Scorecard 2 - 50 to 45 for FIghter B
Scorecard 3 - 50-45 for Fighter A

They are not the same.
A split is 50-45 for one guy (i know the scores can vary, just using this score for the example) and 50-45 for the other guy, with a 3rd being 48-48.
Read what you wrote again.
That is a draw.

Last edited:
Read what you wrote again.
That is a draw.
Sure, that is wrong but that was just me not paying attention to what I was typing. I explained it correctly in the next post.

Multitasking work and Sherdog fail.

I don't think doing Pilates with James Iha will help him much.

Yeah, Conor can really submit a World Champ in BJJ....
What happened with his prediction against Nate Diaz?
3baO.gif

Sure, that is wrong but that was just me not paying attention to what I was typing. I explained it correctly in the next post.

Multitasking work and Sherdog fail.
Yup, you got it right in the last one... But we're like a full page into this conversation at this point and your scenario is the most ridiculous judging in the history of judging lol
50-45, 50-45, 45-50? C'mon man.

I've literally laid out the scorecard scenarios between a regular split and majority decision. I'm really not what else I can say when you were originally flat out wrong in what you were talking about. Multitasking or not.

Yup, you got it right in the last one... But we're like a full page into this conversation at this point and your scenario is the most ridiculous judging in the history of judging lol

I've literally laid out the scorecard scenarios between a standard split and majority decision. I'm really not what else I can say when you were originally flat out wrong in what you were talking about. Multitasking or not.
You said a majority decision and split decision were the same. That's wrong lol.

One decision has one fighter winning only with one of the judges thinking it was a draw.
The other decision is one fighter getting 2 judges' nods and the other fighter getting 1 nod.

In GSP/Hendricks, one judge thought Hendricks won, hence split decision.
In Mcgregor/Diaz 2, no judge thought Diaz won and 2 thought Conor won, hence majority decision.

Also, it's 100% within the realm of possibitlity for a score to go 50-45 both ways and one judge scoring it a draw. In 5 extremely close rounds, these scores are entirely conceivable.

There was nothing silly about my posts other than what you quoted.... one sentence out of multiple posts lol

You said a majority decision and split decision were the same. That's wrong lol.

One decision has one fighter winning only with one of the judges thinking it was a draw.
The other decision is one fighter getting 2 judges' nods and the other fighter getting 1 nod.

In GSP/Hendricks, one judge thought Hendricks won, hence split decision.
In Mcgregor/Diaz 2, no judge thought Diaz won and 2 thought Conor won, hence majority decision.

Also, it's 100% within the realm of possibitlity for a score to go 50-45 both ways and one judge scoring it a draw. In 5 extremely close rounds, these scores are entirely conceivable.

There was nothing silly about my posts other than what you quoted.... one sentence out of multiple posts lol
I said they equate to the same. Below is the post you quoted:
A majority and split decision equate to the exact same thing. You are literally one point away from the fight being a draw.
This is exactly what I've said and illustrated about 5 times now. Both are decisions. Both are typically one 10-10 round away from becoming a draw.

In absolutely no universe is a 50-45, 50-45, and 45-50 scorecard ever happening.
I will completely concede to your point of view if you can find me a scorecard like that happening in the history of MMA.

I said they equate to the same. Below is the post you quoted:

This is exactly what I've said and illustrated about 5 times now. Both are decisions. Both are typically one 10-10 round away from becoming a draw.

In absolutely no universe is a 50-45, 50-45, and 45-50 scorecard ever happening.
I will completely concede to your point of view if you can find me a scorecard like that happening in the history of MMA.

It's 100% fathomable lol.

Are you one of those guys that get up in arms when a fighter loses a close fight 30-27? It has happened a few times for sure. I've also seen splits going in the complete opposite direction.

Hell, in TJ vs Cruz, 2 judges went opposite 49-46. Tony Weeks thought TJ won 1 round of the fight. Sal D'Amato thought Cruz won 1 round out of the fight..... 50-45 both ways is 100% not out of the realm of possibility.

Say 100 things, get 10 right and people you a mystic. Lol.

You should want Conor to win because Conor vs. Tony is way more interesting.

So Conor is the only person who ever tapped?

You haters are so fucking ridiculous

For what he claims about himself, before the fight. I.e. claiming he would crush Nate's hips and pass his guard and choke him makes him look even more stupid when the SAME happens to him. Or when he takes the mick out of panic wrestlers when he panic wrestled himself or where Holly showed more heart by going to sleep right before that fight. You see why it's different, me old son?

Back