Conor posts Instagram story proving he's better than Anderson Silva

And why shouldn't Conor be in the top 5 in lightweight? He beat Eddie when he was the champ and only lost to khabib at lightweight. And there's no shame losing to khabib, who's the most dominant champion in ufc history.

Lol, he's talking shit to Anderson for not having wins over UFC ranked contenders (current obviously) so in what world does the win over non UFC ranked Eddie count?

He currently has 0 wins in the LW division against a "UFC ranked" opponent, how exactly does being 3rd in a division you're 1-1 with that win coming four years ago based on that make sense? Who cares if he only lost to Khabib, he also hasn't beaten a single fighter currently in the top 20 in that fucking division!!

And why shouldn't Conor be in the top 5 in lightweight? He beat Eddie when he was the champ and only lost to khabib at lightweight. And there's no shame losing to khabib, who's the most dominant champion in ufc history.

because he is 1-1 at light weight! Losing to Khabib is not really a reason for anybody to be ranked at top 5..
Also Khabib is nowhere near the most dominant champ in UFC history... He has two title defenses..

I don't think Anderson cares what Conor thinks...
tenor.gif

Lol imagine if Conor defended his belt against one-dimensional dudes like Rich Franklin and Yushin Okami

He'd have 20 defenses by now
Conor lost to Nate Diaz during his prime years, a fighter that Silva would never lose to in his heyday.

Conor lost to Nate Diaz during his prime years, a fighter that Silva would never lose to in his heyday.

What do you consider Ryo Chonan?

How about a fighter with a losing record (4-7 Daiju Takase) triangle choking a prime 28 year old Anderson Silva?

Anderson has beat 1 official contender? He cleared out an entire division lmao. Also, the UFC didn't even have rankings when Anderson was in his prime. Conor is a dweeb for posting that...

lol.
Conor looking like a desperate, attention seeking manlet.

What do you consider Ryo Chonan?

How about a fighter with a losing record (4-7 Daiju Takase) triangle choking a prime 28 year old Anderson Silva?
I used Nate because it was right after Conor beat Aldo so we know that's his prime years. Anderson's best years were during his 16 fight win streak when he won the title. A fighter like Nate would never beat an Anderson that just won the title. Those Japanese guys you mentioned are no different than the European guys that managed to submit Conor back on the regional circuit.

Conor NEVER defense his title unnnnfortunately. It's hard for Conor to win that belt again when there's a neck crank wait for him
If you beat the same opponent as champion or not as champion does it really make a difference how good you are. Who cares about title defenses. Who you beat is what matters.

Conor couldn’t even qualify to be Andy’s water boy, let alone compared achievements.

No, no, no!
I don't consider Silva the GOAT at all. Weaker competition than GSP & Jones, steroids. But:

- Silva defended his belt many times, Conor didn't even once

- he had better KOs than McGregor and dominated his competition better. Actually

- until the Weidman loss, the man was 33-4. McGregor is 22-4. I know Silva is older, but we need time to see if McGregor does something with his years.

- age doesn't matter. Yes, you beat 4 champions by the age of 29? So? This guy defended his belt 8 or 9 times.

- Conor beat Max when Max was not a champion and barely came in in UFC. Poirier was an interim. Poirier is a good fighter, but he doesn't have a better resume than Vitor, Hendo, Okami, Rich, Chael, Maia, Forrest. Eddie is a good fighter, but wasn't a world beater at all. Aldo, yeah, I agree. Aldo was better than Silva's competition. But only Aldo.

desperately reaching relevance

Anderson was the #1 WW in the world way before he was ever in UFC

hes the GOAT MW

He was top 5 LHW when he starched Forrest

hes one of the handful of fighters to have top 10 wins in 3 weight divisions (Sakurai/Newton @ WW, a bunch @ MW, Forrest @ LHW)

The last 2 "facts" were just written by a noob who only started watching MMA in the past couple years or the Conor era at earliest

He lost to Nate twice.That second fight was a robbery.
Lol that too, I'm lowballing to make my argument more effective. Personally I do think Conor did just enough to win, but considering how most people including yourself feel about the outcome, his win wasn't very convincing hence giving Silva a better look.

lol

Can't beat UFC champions if you are the UFC champion

<seedat>

Back