Conor or Khabib. Who is more confident??

Conor hasn't fought any wrestlers since mendes and he got owned by Mendes on the ground. Khabib has been fighting a lot of high level strikers Al Iaquinta, Barbosa, Johnson, RDA and did very well standing. While Conor has been taken down by Nate Diaz, Denis Siver, Mendes showing his style has a clear weakness against takedowns coming in overconfident hands high up in the air leaving your hips and your legs wide open for takedowns isn't going to work against Khabib you will get mauled to the ground and punished.

Being a bit generous when you're referring to Iaquinta, Johnson and RDA as high level strikers. Khabib was out-striking Iaquinta towards the end of their fight and no one thinks Khabib has "high level" striking. Barboza I'll give you but I think his boxing is overrated it's his knees and kicks that are world class, if memory serves wasn't Dariush beating him on the feet till he got caught with a knee? Don't think Barboza's boxing is in anywhere near the same realm as Conors. I'm more curious about Khabib's chin than anything else. If Conor manages to crack him cleanly and Khabib just walks through it then I'll be impressed and Conor will be royally fucked.

You can interpret it that way. I don't believe it's the case. I think he enjoys playing the part and winding other fighters up and playing mind games with them which has worked well for him. That act has has propelled him up the ranks of the UFC and given him opportunities he probably wouldn't have had if he was a boring fighter.
Could be. Only Conor knows.

Connie only panic wrestles while Khabib works it on the feet...doesn't try to panic wrestle into his comfort zone.

I think what is intriguing about this match is both guys strengths match well with the other ones weaknesses.

But who do you think is more confident in their weakness?? Is Conor more confident in his wrestling/grappling than Khabib is in his striking?? I think that is what is going to dictate the fight. I believe both guys will be tested, and the more confident guy will come out ahead.

Im pretty up in the air on this one.

Conor is pretty confident in his wrestling:

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

Hard to be a fighter and not be confident... What are supposed to say.

Khabib, undefeated calm and relaxed. Genuine confidence.

Doesn't show off trying to overcompensate.

Conor is typical of a loudmouth who has to puff his chest out but as soon as shit goes south we see his true colors.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

<Fedor23>

giphy.gif

Turns out Conor actually did tell Dana he wanted Khabib in Russia..when many..many..thought he would never even sign to fight him. The fact that he took it the fight alone shows his confidence is on an insane level. But I've been studying every khabib fight and the only question is, can he take a Conor left to the chin and keep coming...because he has some of the wildest, sloppiest striking around and he will get hit. The only person to stand up to it so far in the UFC was Nate and that's why he won.

The louder you talk the less confident you actually are.

"Panic-wrestler. That's who I fight. Every time. And if they're not a wrestler they will become a panic-wrestler, and that's as simple as that. They are all the same. We go in, we exchange, they panic. When a human panics their first instinct is to grab. Whether they train that way or not, when they get hit by me they look to grab and they don't want it no more. So i'm facing a panic-wrestler like I always face."

giphy.gif
I know people hate Conor but wasnt a half bad timed shot under the jab, he fucked up by not driving his head through diazs right side. Actually if you watch the TD hes going to the correct side to clear the choke but diaz just barely catches his trailing leg which lets him crank the guillotine. Panic wrestle for sure but honestly not bad. He was gassed, got rocked, and on the ground with a bb with the 3rd most sub wins if ufc.

He showed good wrestling vs max, also solid top control and passing vs siver. So its not like the guy hasnt wrestle before

I think both are pretty confident now, but lets see what happens in the fight week when they are face to face

Neither is that confident outside the cage. Inside the cage they handle the pressure extremely well.

The only overall confident person in MMA I can think of right now is Dan Henderson. That motherfucker is cool as a cucumber all the time.

Excellent choice of words, there.

20k9jy8.jpg

Does he? I couldn't bring myself to watch that. It seems pretty obvious to me, though. I'm just pointing it out that his confidence seems like something he's had to work hard on developping, and There's nothing wrong with that. With khabib....I don't know, he's harder to read.
you aren't at the level where your critiques are even relevant

try yourself first, you're speaking outside your realm

Khabib is more confident that he is going to win

Conor is more confident in his grappling than Khabib is in his striking. Khabib openly says he isn't going to strike with Conor. Khabib is extremely confident in doing what he does (mauling)

Neither are very confident.

Both are training their asses off to try to offset the others’ strengths.

We’ll soon find out who did their homework better.

If it ends in a decision it will be a letdown.

Being a bit generous when you're referring to Iaquinta, Johnson and RDA as high level strikers. Khabib was out-striking Iaquinta towards the end of their fight and no one thinks Khabib has "high level" striking. Barboza I'll give you but I think his boxing is overrated it's his knees and kicks that are world class, if memory serves wasn't Dariush beating him on the feet till he got caught with a knee? Don't think Barboza's boxing is in anywhere near the same realm as Conors. I'm more curious about Khabib's chin than anything else. If Conor manages to crack him cleanly and Khabib just walks through it then I'll be impressed and Conor will be royally fucked.

Khabib isn't stupid his fight IQ is much higher than anyone Conor has faced before besides Mayweather. He's not going to walk forward with his chin in the air eating Conor's punches just to impress people. The only way I see him standing with Conor is to bait Conor into leaving himself open to secure an easier takedown. If Conor survives the mauling on the ground he gets another round to try to knock out Khabib after the 2nd round I don't see Conor having the power to knockout Khabib he will be too exhausted fighting off mount being pounded on.

I'm almost positive that he was always this confident.

That was in 2008, nobody in the world knew who he was. That interview probably got around 50 views when it was originally uploaded, so I guess he's been "faking his confidence" even when nobody was listening.

What I noticed from this interview, other than the obvious fact that Conor is/was very hardworking, is that he was religious as well. He mentioned God and Jesus several times.

I guess money and fame changed him...

Back