Conor or Khabib. Who is more confident??

I think that is what is going to dictate the fight. I believe both guys will be tested, and the more confident guy will come out ahead.

Yeah but confidence can shift during the fight. Whoever comes in more confident has the initial advantage, but sometimes that can be a bad thing because they will sometimes realize they were overconfident, or underestimated the situation, and then their confidence is transferred to the other fighter.

Conor's confidence has always seemed more like a "fake it till you make it" act that he picked up from a self help book named "the secret"

download.jpeg

I'm almost positive that he was always this confident.

That was in 2008, nobody in the world knew who he was. That interview probably got around 50 views when it was originally uploaded, so I guess he's been "faking his confidence" even when nobody was listening.

I'm almost positive that he was always this confident.

That was in 2008, nobody in the world knew who he was. That interview probably got around 50 views when it was originally uploaded, so I guess he's been "faking his confidence" even when nobody was listening.

Well yeah, that is how you fake it until you make it......... You think it's a part time job? He wanted to be more confident and attain his goals, so he bought a self help book and followed it's guidance.

Conor's confidence has always seemed more like a "fake it till you make it" act that he picked up from a self help book named "the secret"

download.jpeg

He says it in his documentary-> "The Notorious" or whatever its called...

He says it in his documentary-> "The Notorious" or whatever its called...

Does he? I couldn't bring myself to watch that. It seems pretty obvious to me, though. I'm just pointing it out that his confidence seems like something he's had to work hard on developping, and There's nothing wrong with that. With khabib....I don't know, he's harder to read.

Well yeah, that is how you fake it until you make it......... You think it's a part time job? He wanted to be more confident and attain his goals, so he bought a self help book and followed it's guidance.

I completely misread what you said the first time, I actually sort of agree.

He got bullied and beat up as a child, so I guess that sort of shatters your confidence. Been building it up ever since

I completely misread what you said the first time, I actually sort of agree.

He got bullied and beat up as a child, so I guess that sort of shatters your confidence. Been building it up ever since

It's worked for him. So, good for him.

Probably Khabib. The massive bravado screams insecurity.

I don't know, you swearing that a grown man is hiding insecurities is pretty insecure and pathetic itself.
I'm only pointing out that it's a pretty common method of hiding insecurity. I don't feel strongly either way for Conor. He's an entertaining striker with an annoying shtick. Nothing more, nothing less.

Khabib has a genuine confidence.
Conor is projecting confidence.

They're both confident the only difference is Conor needs to tell everyone, Khabib just knows himself.

I'd put my money on Khabib's confidence, the man hasnt even lost a round.

The whole "Look at me and how confident I am!" act doesn't scream compensation to you?

You can interpret it that way. I don't believe it's the case. I think he enjoys playing the part and winding other fighters up and playing mind games with them which has worked well for him. That act has has propelled him up the ranks of the UFC and given him opportunities he probably wouldn't have had if he was a boring fighter.

Back