Conor on Jimmy Fallon | A parting shot at Conan & Zuffa?

That new espn ppv deal has made this a soft blow.
Espn have guaranteed ufc money.
Hence Dana with a smiley on twitter.
Fighters have even less power now.

Conan invested in UFC and regularly promotes UFC fights and the console game on his show. Conor has been on Conan numerous times and if was going to appear in a St. Patricks day episode of any late night show it was going to be Conan.

His appearance on Fallon hours before retiring suggests he was sending a message to Zuffa & Conan. People think Conor is joking around about wanting ownership but I doubt it. He's saying to Zuffa pay up or else.

What's UFC worth without him? 4 billion? Not even half. Conor will win this battle and get his rematch with Khabib, on his terms.
notsureifserious-vi.jpg

UFC and the greater MMA community is already moving on. Conor doesn't want Cowboy, Pettis, or adult Holloway.

#KhabibBless
Funny how people think that ONLY Holloway has improved his skill set since that fight and not Conor.
Well, I guess people do try to grasp for anything.

( btw McGregor DESTROYS cowboy, Pettis, and Max again)

Wait, you're saying conor made ufc worth 4 billion. hahahaha.

ESPN giving UFC guaranteed money for PPVs made Conor less essential to Dana and Ari's business model.

Funny how people think that ONLY Holloway has improved his skill set since that fight and not Conor.

Cowboy is like 45 years old in fight years. Pettis is out of his prime and winning fluke fights....I say he loses to mAx

Somehow Conor thinks he deserves a piece Of bigger pie...infact the reality is Billionaires use tools like him to make more Billions...

His pay days were chump change for them...

Rich get richer ... not by chopping their own foot. He can play hard ball like announcing retirement but this isn't 2016

No one has said that; but to anyone with a brain it's pretty clear one has improved more than the other. Only one grasping here is you champ.

What can Conor offer the UFC?

Business savvy? Nope.
Commentary? Nope.
Public Relations? Hell no.
Scouting? Nope.

A name / brand... one that is on the decline. That's it. He's a volatile child with a nice straight left. That's not partner material in any firm.

If you believe this "retirement" I got some Whiskey to sell ya.

Conor isn't getting ownership. Fighters can become brands in their own right (Conor and Ronda) but the company will milk you for what you bring to the table then get rid of you.

I mean when Chuck retired people were saying the UFC will die and what not but it endures - new stars will be made and old fighters will be forgotten. At FW and LW Max and Khabib are both on course to being stars so Conor can go and retire

I'm having a tough time believing these allegations amid all of the success that Conor
has built lately. As much as I love to razz Conor and his fans for his antics, there seems
to be an under-laying good guy within the troubled fighter.

Interesting Interview. He certainly seems to have fight left within him. Even the
other recent video of him standing on the bar counter offering rematches to Nate,
Jose, and Khabib do not coincide with his latest Tweet. The retirement announcement
is confusing and cannot be good.

Initially I thought he retired because he was sour about not getting a stake in the UFC,
but now it seems the investigation has some merit.

Last edited:
When he comes back in 2020 please give this man a tune up

Wish all these threads could get merged. There almost needs to be a Mcgregor shitpost subforum. Barboza vs Gaethje is this weekend, why are we talking about Cokey Magoo. He should go to rehab then join Tony in therapy.

Back